Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 3.33 average.
Old 04-19-2005, 01:26 PM
Six Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

FlipFlops

that's what I bought was the flipflops and dd complained today at school that they were hurting her feet. I told her she has to get used to them. They were $4.

I have to go to walmart because dd has a cold sore. I hope to find something that works. Her school keeps putting vaseoline on it which makes it worst. I've been putting Peroxide on it which was drying it out but she went to school and they put the vasoline on-UGH. Don't they know that vasoline spreads cold sores??? Anyway, I've got a few odds and ends to get anyway before I head to class tonight. I'm exhausted....
Old 04-19-2005, 02:34 PM
Nine Year Member

I did the grocery shopping today saving 43% with sales/coupons, used $21 in coupons. I did the normal 2 loads of cold water laundry with 1/2 detergent and ran the DW with 1/2 detergent.

Roberta
Old 04-19-2005, 06:28 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Addict

Leasmon, Abreva works really good for cold sores. Also a preventative measure would be to take L-Lysine tablets. Also sometimes it's caused by to much citrus fruit.

Just some ideas to help you out.
Old 04-19-2005, 06:38 PM

Good evening all!!

Not a lot frugal going on here, except that just because I was starving after my evenign doctor's appt., I did not go across the street from the pharmacy to McDonald's. I was tempted though.

I decided that a salad and some left over bbq from Sunday was the perfect thing to eat.

Tomorrow, I will go to Eckerd Drugs to pick up 7 pakages of "FREE" Eclipse Mints. They are on sale for $.99 and I have coupons for $1.00 off 1. I have never tried this brand, so if I don't like them, there will be some in some gift bags at some time this year.

The woman I take to work everyday and I are going to the Olive Garden tomorrow evening - just because we are both home alone tomorrow evening. We will be using one of my $3.00 coupons. I also have to pick up 3 prescriptions that I got from the dr. this evening. Nothing serious, I thought I had an ear infection - she said just allergies, and wants to ply me with Clarinex and recommended a teaspoon of Robitussin before bed as she said it will help keep the muscus from forming and stuffing up my head at night.

And she gave me a water pill, finally. I am acquiring "old lady ankles" and am far too young for those (I will be 50 this year). I have been complaining about my ankles for over a year now, and she has just been ignoring that complaint. So this was the first time this year I could do it right after having removed my sox and having shorts on so you could really see them well. And see how awful they look.

I have been treated by this drs. office since I was 13. The original doctor still is there, but sees fewer patients all the time. So he actually sold the practice, and still is there on occasion. But I have to say that it sometimes pays for families to treat with one practitioner over a long period of time. My grandmother treated with Dr. Senese, my mother treated with Dr. Senese, he delivered some of my cousins, and before we had peditricians in the area, treated all of us kids for everything, and the baby scale was still in the room I was in this evening. They have 3 generations of our histories, from falls to the flu, to congestive heart conditions, to whatever. And when my doctor starts asking silly questions my sister and I tell her to go look in the family histories they have in the basement on our families. My sister and I don't have a lot of common ailments - my sister smokes, I don't, she has all sorts of breathing problems, I only sound that way with a really bad cold-turning-into-bronchitis-turning-into-pneumonia.

Well ladies, I better go for now. Sleep calleth and I want to answer that call.

Take care all!! Norma
Old 04-19-2005, 07:31 PM
Assistant Moderator

Norma, that is why we use the eye doctor we do. Four generations of records. I have some eye problems I have 'shared' with one of my kids and it is nice to have all the information we need right there.
Old 04-20-2005, 05:50 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Leasmom--
I have used the Abreva that Laurie suggested and have had really, really good luck with it. The tiny tube of it is very expensive, but you need very little of it at a time. One tube will last forever! I have also taken Lysine (another of Laurie's suggestions) when I've started to feel one coming on, and that seems to help a lot too. Hope your daughter's cold sore goes away soon--they are no fun!
Old 04-20-2005, 06:23 AM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Good morning, everyone!
Barbszy,great job saving on the coffeemaker and carafe. What a really smart idea! I will have to remember that.
Chris, good job on getting seeds. I love canning tomatoes, too.
Roberta, way to go on your grocery savings. That was almost 1/2 off!
Frugal today is hopefully keeping the air off. I have the windows open and the ceiling fans going. Frugal also, was reserving four library books online instead of being tempted to just buy them. Other than that, pretty much staying home and not spending any money. I did order some cold and allergy medicine. I saw that they were being pulled off the shelves, so I decided I'd better get some now. I'm thinking that will be frugal in the long run. At least we'll have some without having to get a prescription later. Well, take care friends, and have a wonderful day!
Old 04-20-2005, 11:37 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Frugal for today: buying all of my birthday, anniversary, Mother's Day, etc., cards at Hallmark for only $11 after my coupons, etc. Yay! Plus I bought cleaning supplies at the dollar store--they have some really good deals on that stuff! Other than that, just the usual--brown bagging, combining errands while I am on my lunch hour since I am already in town. Hope to buy Diet Coke this week at HyVee--there is a new HyVee in town, so all of the local HyVees have their Coke products on sale for 5 12-packs for $10-- a very good buy around here!
Old 04-20-2005, 11:51 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Today Wed. April20th,2005 Frugal Things:

Today Wed. April20th,2005 Frugal Things:
Daily Household Task.
Homeschooling Darling Daughter.
Church Tonight.
All Meals will be fixed at Home and Eaten at Home.
No Money will be spent here today.

My FC Member Awards!

Hey, I won!
Old 04-20-2005, 01:24 PM

Good Afternoon Everyone

Not much frugal to report, just the cooking at home and doing laundry on the clothesline and sneaking behind dh this morning and turning the thermostate up to 74 instead of 70 for the AC. As most of you know, we go through this every summerÖ he turns it so cold we get ice cubes and I sneak behind him and turn it up a notch or two so it isnít running so much. Really, I donít think itís even necessary for it to be on right now. I worked on my computer this morning with Microsoft Clip Art, I was having a terrible time inserting a Pipe picture onto my label sheet. Our computer guy showed me how to use Word Wrap Text Box to get it to go in. That one new scent I got ďKentucky BlendĒ that smells like pipe tobacco I decided to use a pipe on the label. A girl here at work gave me another cool idea for a ďcreativeĒ fragrance of my own, Cherry Vanilla. I canít wait to go home and experiment.

Last night I made candles and strung pony bead braceletsÖ red, white and blue in preparation for July 4th celebrations. I will be taking these to the mall the next time we go. Iíve done quite well with my Scarlet & Gray bracelets down there so I think these will work out o.k. too.

Futureteacher

Good for you coloring your own hair.. I do my own too, have since I was a teenager. I canít see paying $40.00 to $50.00 to have someone else do what I can easily do.

Speaking of which, one of our supervisors here who just recently remarried.. heís in his early 50ís I guess.. came into work today died bright yellow blonde, Oh my!

Leasmom

If she canít get used to those flip flops, try the slide onísÖ they do make them for girls too and they are very comfortable.

Crochet2

If you can get by with it at work, get a small trash can, turn it upside down and prop your legs up as often as you can. I do that all the time at my job. There are also water pills you can get at the grocery store (look in the feminine hygiene area) that while not as strong as prescribed duretics, should help if your doctor wonít give you more. Be careful too while taking prescribed water pills that you are getting enough potassium and salt, as it will leech both of these from your body and could make you dizzy. I had that happen to me when I first started taking them for high blood pressure years ago.

Chris

That is a really good price on the Coke products, stock up if you can.

Well guess thatís about all for now. I have to go to the store tonight as Iím out of coffee and hope I can resist buying extra items.

Anna

Closed Thread