Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 3.33 average.
Old 04-18-2005, 05:44 AM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Good morning, everyone!
Oh, Redcardinalbird, I can't believe she just paid for the rest! Ugh, that's a shame! I would have cried. Well, at least she still saved a lot.
Anna, good job on resisting on eating out. That is tempting, especially on weekends.
Melly, I know what you mean. I feel like I have been less frugal lately than I could be. I think a lot of it accounts for suddenly having a vehicle. It's more convenient to go places. I'm really going to have to nip that in the bud. Frugal today is using up the rest of the frosting from the cake to make graham cracker cookies. We discovered a great combination: cinnamon grahams and cream cheese frosting. Pretty cheap since the box of crackers are only .99 anyway. Other than that, still Spring cleaning and sorting through stuff. I've noticed now that we've been living in one place for more than a few years, things are really starting to accumulate. lol Well, ladies, take care and have a wonderful day!
Old 04-18-2005, 07:02 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Good morning, everyone! I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on some good books with tips on frugal living. I read The Tightwad Gazette and found some good hints there, but wondered if there were others that some of you had found particularly helpful. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance for your help!
Old 04-18-2005, 07:14 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Today Monday April18th,2005 Frugal Things:

Today Monday April18th,2005 Frugal Things:
Daiy Household Task.
HomeSchooling Darling Daughter.
Planning Darling Daughter's 5th Birthday.
All meals will be at home.
No Money Will Be Spent Here Today.

My FC Member Awards!

Hey, I won!
Old 04-18-2005, 07:26 AM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Frugal today will be staying home and recovering from this weekend.

I feel like I was the maid this weekend. No one wanted to help and Dh was very grumpy. So I had a WONDERFUL weekend. I had to tell everyone at least twice to help with anything. And then I got rolled eyes and stomped feet. I have had it. Mom will be setting some ground rules tonight. This was ridiculous.

Have a nice day everyone.

Melly
Old 04-18-2005, 07:39 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Good luck melly! I think a lot of women feel like that some days! I loved the story a few years back about the mom who went on strike. That was a good one!
Old 04-18-2005, 07:41 AM
Assistant Moderator

That was the way it was here with dh and 1ds. I finally forbid them to speak to anyone. Constant teasing.....! I walked in the back door to see the biggest wold spider...... when I screamed dh came in.....laughing. It was fake. My throat is still sore.... I really am scared of spiders. He is NOT funny. I hope he takes his stupid spider to work and someone decks him. He does have a counseling appt this evening. I don't know if it will work but something has to give.
Old 04-18-2005, 08:28 AM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Melly and Bluebird, I hope that today is a brighter day for both of you.
Chris, Here are a couple of my favorite frugal books: Frugal Luxuries, by Tracey McBride, and Miserly Moms, by Jonni McCoy. Hope that helps!
Frugal this morning was blending the left over coffee with 1/2 cup of milk and chocolate syrup. I put it in the fridge for iced coffee later this afternoon. Just staying home and finishing up on my ironing and mending. Take care!
Old 04-18-2005, 08:43 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

jjoj--
Thanks for the book titles--I will stop at the library and request them. I could use the extra motivation!
Old 04-18-2005, 10:56 AM
Nine Year Member

<<I also found out that Meijer has a limit on the coupon total you can receive back. The lady in front of me had a $400.00 total and was down to $299.00 when it wouldn't let them scan anymore. She still had a large stack to be scanned and he said the machine would not let him. As it was 11:00pm by then the service desk was closed. Her daughter said Oh well, we'll just pay it and she did. I would not have, I would have wanted the rest of my coupons redeemed!>>

I know Meijers changed their coupon policy a couple of months ago to limit only 2 like coupons doubled but I've never heard of only being able to use $100 of coupons in a visit. I would have said then I don't want the non-coupon items (ring up as a 2nd order) or demanded to speak to the manager. That policy is rediculas in my opinion.

Roberta
Old 04-18-2005, 11:29 AM

Redcardinal

I’m with you, I would not have bought the groceries without my coupons. Meijers doesn’t do the good deals they used to with coupons or even have that great of bargains. I stick mostly with Aldi’s and GFS these days.
Frugal yesterday: Compared the prices we were paying through mail order pharmacy versus Krogers. It cost me $3.00 more every 3 months to get my prescriptions filled locally on two of dh’s meds. Versus the hastle of mail ordering them.

Melly & bluebird

Must have been a full moon this weekend or something… dh was in a horrible, foul mood all weekend. He took today off to go fishing, sure help it improves his disposition.

Frugal today – will be eating dinner at home.
Unfrugal- loosing a library book and forgetting to go in and take care of it, Gasp! I had no idea it had been since September! $19.60 to replace the book and late fees. No more library books will be checked out for awhile. Ouch!

It’s a beautiful day here today, in the 70’s… now they are saying we won’t get rain this weekend keeping fingers crossed.

I will be taking Friday afternoon off to go back out to my candle supply place to replace the bottle of fragrance I used this weekend on my big order plus replacing the jars I used. I actually thought I was stocking up and bought a extra box and then got the order and used the extra box.

Well better go for now… hope you are all enjoying wonderful weather today and can get outside and enjoy it.

Anna

Closed Thread