Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 3.33 average.
Old 04-13-2005, 08:11 AM
FamilyCorner Fanatic
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Anna,
It is sunny windy and only 44 degrees outside here! I sure wish it would warm up!
Made a little xtra money today babysitting for a friend of mine. Her kids usually go to their grandmas but the little girl had kindergarten testing today so I got baby brother. (grandma lives closer to work)
As for being frugal I do not anticapate spending any money today so thats good.
Leighann
Old 04-13-2005, 08:32 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

I received a refund today from Walgreens for $10-yay! And thanks again, Norma, for all of your refunding tips! I've started a log to keep track of what I've sent and when I've sent it, so I am on the right track! Sure was fun to see that check in the mailbox!
Old 04-13-2005, 09:19 AM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Re: Wed. April13th,2005 Frugal Things Today:

Quote:
Originally posted by CAGmomof2
No Money will be Spent here Today.
I LOVE that!! I think it will be my mantra.

I just borrowed "Frozen Assets" from the library. It's getting me motivated to make some freezer meals. I couldn't spend a whole day doing that, but maybe some mini-sessions would be managable.
Old 04-13-2005, 10:44 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Frugal was walking to the post office instead of driving. Exercise in the fresh air & sunshine were added benefits! I was mailing a big envie of coupons to the Coupon Club and another of expired coupons to the military.

I have 2 tubs of wash on the line also benefiting from that free sunshine

I cleaned off my desk today (still needs dusting) and while I was at it, put all the coupons for places like Sears, Payless, car wash, party store (anything non-supermarket) and the "Clipper" magazine full of coupons in a big (reused) envie to keep in my car. I am so tired of being out somewhere and realizing that I left those coupons in my box at home.
Old 04-13-2005, 10:50 AM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

barbszy--smart idea for the coupons in the car, I don't know how many times that has happen to me.

melly
Old 04-13-2005, 11:46 AM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Vickilynn, that's what I do-mini sessions. I usually do meals made with chicken one day, hamburger meals another day, and so forth. I stack them like books in freezer bags, just like she says in the book. It works great and they are a lifesaver to have, especially when we're getting low on food or on days when I just can't bear the thought of cooking. lol Like today, maybe.
Good job, Anna, on bringing the food and coffee creamer to work. So healthy, too. It's nice to have something for a treat that is good for you as well.
Today, I worked in the yard for a while. There are lots of things starting to come up. Lots of weeds, too. It looks like we will have a lot of strawberries if we can get to them before the birds, that is! Other than that, I've just been cleaning around the house-bathrooms, window sills, etc. I still need to do the paperwork. I am procrastinating on that. I guess I'd better go do it now, or I'll regret it! Take care!
Old 04-13-2005, 12:02 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Help! Before the "guilties" get me!

I need moral support! I had a coupon for 3 free tans at a local tanning place--wouldn't have went, but it was free, so why not? But the guy who runs the place is so nice, that I feel guilty about not buying a package after using the freebies. Businesses have to expect that this will happen, right? I just don't want to spend the money on something like that right now!
Old 04-13-2005, 12:16 PM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Chris, you sound like me. lol I think you should NOT feel guilty. They are probably counting on you to feel guilty and buy a package. Maybe try to focus on what you would rather spend the money on but won't be able to if you buy the package. That is something that helps me in those kinds of situations. Good luck and be strong!
Old 04-13-2005, 12:27 PM
FamilyCorner Fanatic
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Dont feel bad they know that not everyone is going to buy a package. Besides the fact that its not good for you!
I stopped going about 5 yrs ago. What is the cost nowadays? Always went in the spring! So I can imagine how tempting it would be. Just say NO!
Leighann
Old 04-13-2005, 05:13 PM

Good evening all!!

Chris, you are welcome. I know so many people with those good intentions of sending in for rebates, and then don't. I make it a point to know before I go to the store if I need multiple receipts, and to mark lines on my list as to what items to put with what for those receipts, so I don't end up with 2 rebatable products on the same receipt - you have lost something that way. Except for Staples, they are wonderful and put everything on the same main receipt, and then the register spits out duplicate receipts, attached to the rebate forms. If you buy 10 things, you can get 10 receipts and rebate forms printed right from the register.

I can only go to Walgreens when I go about 45 minutes away to my car dealership to have work done. I stop there on the way to the dealership and pick up the monthly rebate book and the weekly sale flier. I make sure to take my coupon box with me. Then, by the time they have finished the car, I have a list, and coupons ready to stop again on my way back home.

And my best tip to all of this, is not to run out of enthusiasm by the time you get home. You don't get the money unless you send in the requirements. On the way home, visualize getting that upc code off the product. You might have to empty the product into another container - a pain, but keep in mind the savings you are earning by doing this. You might have to use some goo gone, or mayonnaise or peanut butter to remove a label, so what. The point is - just do it. After all, the company is willing to pay you to do this.

Ok, off the soapbox. Frugal today was not offering to pay part for the cake one of my bosses decided to buy for my fellow secretary. I am finally learning not to feel guilty and not always offering to pay for things that are not my idea. And the cake was very good.

Also, while I was gone, I make chicken broth for a future use. I removed the meat from the carcass of the chicken I bought for 1/2 price that was already roasted. I am having chicken and yellow rice on and off for work all week, as well as shredded bbq chicken and chicken sandwiches. So I just threw some carrots, some onion and garlic into the crock pot along with the bones, and went to work. Boy, did my house smell good when I got home.

Well ladies, I better go for now, and get something done.

Take care all!! Norma

Closed Thread