Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 3.33 average.
Old 04-12-2005, 01:24 PM
Six Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Jobs

Okay, I talked to my mom and sister and they said just go to the interview, so I called to tell them I could come in for the interview but she hired me over the phone, most of the people that work there have worked at my job previously. So, she wanted me to start tomorrow but my daughter has two doctors appt's that I cannot miss, so she wants me to come to orientation next week. This job would mean a pay cut but it would mean a weekly check, though not as much, and less stress!!!!

I was actually sent home today for stress, well, if you tell people that if they don't make deals they'll lose their jobs, of course you're gonna have someone with stress!!! It's just my team that's like that though, no one elses team is stressed out like us, because our supervisor just bought a $100,000 home and a new car so she's pressuring us big time to make her some money. Half of my team has transferred...so I can either take a paycut or get stressed or fired.

I did apply for another job though that is more stable than telemarketing, working for Citigroup. I just have to get a good appt. time where I won't have to miss work to go to the orientation. I am going to call Sunday to see if they have any better appt. times and hopefully that will work out even better. It means more pay and immediate benefits.

I'm gonna have to miss my class today because dd went to the 4H camp in another county together with her school and so I am having a small amount of a break. I need to read my homework though, so its not too much of a break-LOL!
Old 04-12-2005, 01:39 PM
FamilyCorner Fanatic
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Leasmom
You probaly would do well working in a call center, with a regular paycheck, and no selling just helping customers out.
When I worked for Chase, I did the phone center thing for a little while, it wasnt bad. The only thing I couldnt stand was being chained to a desk! You never no where you can go from there!
Leighann
Old 04-12-2005, 01:44 PM
Six Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

I agree!

I wish the Citigroup/Citibank job had an orientation this week, but the nearest one is on the 26th and I can't miss work to go...then again, maybe I should!!!

Okay, I figured it out, thanks to LEE!!! I need advice from others before I can figure even the simplest things out, but this is what I am going to do. I'm going to stay put at my high stress telemarketing job and then go on the 26th to the interview at Citigroup. It is sort of a interview/filtering type of thing from 3 to 5 hrs. Hopefully this day will lead to being hired. So, I am going to just forget about the low paying telemarketing job and stick with this until the 26th and see what happens!!! After all, citigroup offers better pay and immediate health benefits. That way I keep all of my current benefits and insurance until I switch over!!!

Last edited by leasmom; 04-12-2005 at 02:35 PM.
Old 04-12-2005, 03:22 PM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Good luck to you, Leasmom!
I buy the powdered milk from Aldi also. It works great for cooking and baking. I also use it a lot in the winter to make cocoa. Just got back from a drive with ds. This was the furthest we've ever gone. Usually it has only been up the driveway. It went so much better than I imagined. There were a couple of tense moments, particularly around curves, but all in all I was really proud of him.
Well, have a good evening everyone!
Old 04-12-2005, 05:51 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Leasmom, good luck getting the job you want

Lee, thanks for the heads-up on surefit slipcovers. I found them on sale half price at JC Penney's website. Even with going through the "middleman" they were cheaper than at the manufacturere's site and I have had good luck with JC Penney, so it's a go.

I had a pretty costly evening...DD fell down 5 steps in the house and landed on her left arm (luckily she is right handed!) Her fingers swelled up and she was in pain so we ended up in the ER. A friend came over to sit with the boys. She didn't break her arm but she is sore, so she has a sling to wear. Dinner plans went right out the window. The boys ate frozen pizza. DD and I picked up KFC on the way home from the hospital. I think she is a little disappointed that she won't get a cool cast for her friends to sign but I for one am glad that she'll be feeling better quickly!

That ER visit cost me more than the slipcover
Old 04-12-2005, 05:55 PM

Good evening all!

Barbzy - thanks for reminding me that I have a large soft sided cooler in my trunk. I bought it from Sam's last year, and have used it maybe 4 times. I keep it in the trunk so I can do other things with groceries in the car.

melly - no compliments please, there are lots of days when I have no energy and no desire to do anything. This past weekend, I managed to vacuum the living room and completely had no desire to do my bedroom. Needs it too.

I did get my catnip planted this evening after work though. Prince will have plenty this summer. And to think, I rescued it from Petsmart in January. It is starting to take off. And I will bring it in, in the fall.

Everyday, I want to get just one thing done.

I am disappointed again with another e-bay bid on another newspaper log roller. I was hoping that no one would spot it with the cryptic description and title the seller gave it. I plan to talk to the antiques dealer in town and see if he can fidn one close by for me. But with the shipping as high as it is, I set a fairly limited amount that I would actually spend on the item.

Well ladies, better go for now. It is bedtime.

Take care all!! Norma
Old 04-12-2005, 07:04 PM
FamilyCorner Fanatic
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Barb,
Sorry to hear about your dd, glad she didnt break anything! I know it costs 75.00 for us to go to the Er, so if yours is similar good deal on the slipcovers, I never thought of checking out JC Penny!
Leasmom,
Good luck with Citigroup, hope you get hired!
JJ,
I did have the powdered milk because we also use it to make hot cocoa!
Leighann
Old 04-12-2005, 08:07 PM
Assistant Moderator

Quote:
I did get my catnip planted this evening after work though. Prince will have plenty this summer. And to think, I rescued it from Petsmart in January. It is starting to take off. And I will bring it in, in the fall.
When I tried to bring my catnip in and grow it in a pot, my cat went bonkers and ate the entire plant. I had a woody stem left.

Our ER charges by the half hour, $150. When dd has a reaction between the ambulance and the ER the bill is minium of $1500. No wonder we have been so broke the last dozen years!
Old 04-12-2005, 10:38 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Wow, sure hope we don't have to go to the ER anytime soon.

Barbszy - sure hope your DD is not too sore tomorrow. Good job on finding the slipcovers cheaply.

Our gas came down to 2.19

I have not used powered milk, may have to give it a try as we go thru a lot, at least for cooking. I remember it from way back and did not like the taste so that is why I never get it. I am the same way about instant potatoes, No thanks.

WE had to stop and get cereal so went to the Dealz store. I told the kids I had a certain amount of money and we were not getting other things. Since it is all a $1.00 I did let them pick out a dessert and they got Chocolate Eclairs. Their frugal was finding two carts in the parking lot. So they fetched them and got a quarter each. They then wanted to go next door to the Petsmart to look at the animals. DS donated his quarter for Humane Society. DD kept hers as it was a state one she did not have and she wanted to add it to her book.

Leasmom - hope you get the Citigroup job. Continued stress on the job is not good for you.

Barbszy - sure hope your DD is not too sore tomorrow. Good job on finding the slipcovers cheaply.

Children have never been very good at listening to their parents, but they have never failed to imitate them. Baldwin ~
Old 04-13-2005, 02:48 AM

Good morning all!!

Barbzy remember that kids heal faster than we do, and if you give them a reason to move (as in my nephew and skateboarding), they will go for it and they heal even faster then.

Frugal today will be just going to work and then straight home, and of course, bringing lunch. Even dinner will be no big deal, spaghetti and sausage. Sauce from a jar, angel hair that only takes 4 minutes to cook and sausage heated through in the heating spaghetti water.

Well ladies, better go. I finally dug out my graph paper to figure out the placement of the words on my friend's grandmother's afghan.

Take care all!! Norma

Closed Thread