Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > Home & Garden > Frugal Living > What Did You Do Frugal Today

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 4.50 average.
Old 11-22-2004, 08:50 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Ethansamuel, yes I was surprised at how good the prices are,also,I forgot tomention I found window valances all styles for 99cents a piece, now I dont need them, but for the price it was worth it just for the material for something else, I have no clue what yet, but it was a good find! I guess its one of those hit or miss type places you never know what they will have .
If there is a sale around or a bargain store I will find it, LOL!!

Sandie

We all need a little tender luvin BEAR!!!
Attached Images

Old 11-22-2004, 08:53 AM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by paintingnut
An update to a previous post. The 12 missing are no longer missing .. they were finally rounded up and reunited with their hunting party. They caught the suspected shooter, two of the injured are in fair condition, one is in critical condition and the others are home. 5 people are dead , among them, a father and son and a 26 yr old female that lived down the street from my parents.
WOW i just heard that on the news that is awful

Old 11-22-2004, 10:26 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

well i just had a bit of time to check in. i have been helping joe on working on clearing out a triailer from a site. we thought it would only take a week, but we are at 10 days, already. we will only make about 400 on the whole thing, so we are loosing money this week. i think we will start to charge for tearing down a trailer. its just too hard to clean up the lot and get it all done in the amount of time we have to do it in.

now im just trying to figure out how im going to pay the rest of our months bills on the money we have. i will have enough for our propane payment, and most of my car insurance..im hopeing to get the extra 18 i need from the trialer. but i cant pay my truck payment, or my satalite payment. plus my licence plates come due on the last of this month. so thats going to be hard. any one got any ideas how i can budget for times like this? im not good at it..and i was thinking that someone may have a sesonal job, and can teach me how to get it all done.

other than that..im so sorry about the hunters. that is so scary. i dont hunt but dh wants to and usually does. so hurtful to the familys. my heart breaks for them.

patrice..i hope you get the deals you need. its good you can adopt someone for xmas. its a good feelign when you can help someone out. we adopted the past 2 yrs..but this yr..there just isnt enough wish there was tho. gives you a warm feeling inside.

have a good day everyone.
ericka

http://ehale.avonrepresentative.com/
Old 11-22-2004, 12:14 PM
FamilyCorner Junkie

I heard about the hunters on the news--such a senseless tragedy!!

joesbaby--I don't know how much spare time you have, but I have an idea for you. There are a lot of people around here that are disabled/elderly that I'm cleaning their homes for the holidays. It's not a permanent thing, but it's giving us a little bit extra to try to keep things together while trying to prepare for dh's layoff at Xmas. It usually takes me about two hours to do everything from cleaning the windows to vaccuuming behind the furniture to washing the drapes...stuff they can't do themselves, basically. I've even ran errands for a few of them, like paying their water bill in town or grabbing a few things from the grocer. One guy is even going to hire me to hang his lights!!

Today's frugal thing was sorting my freezer and cupboard in the never-ending attempt to make the groceries stretch just a bit further. I usually keep a list and a dinner plan, but slacked off for a few weeks and now it's totaaly out of control lol!!
Old 11-22-2004, 12:33 PM
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Mrs. Maniac

That is a wonderful idea! My mil is elderly and if she didn't have us living a block away, she'd have to hire someone to do little things for her too. I know in the summer before dh insisted on taking over the lawn care for his mom, she was paying $25.00 a week for having her yard mowed, $40.00 to trim her hedges (Monster Hedges I should add). So this is something you should maybe think about long term too.

Anna
Old 11-22-2004, 12:37 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Addict

Mrs.Maniac....Like I have told you before I really admire you. You have a good head on your shoulder. Good idea doing a little extra work for people when you need money. There are so many elderly people that can use help around the holiday cleaning and doing errands.

Most of the women in my development hire help with their cleaning. Have a friend that is a widow who cooks dinners for shutins to make money too. She was in the restaurant business for years and loves cooking. When friends help her around the yard she repays with food especially home made pies.

Have a Happy Thanksgiving

Old 11-22-2004, 12:58 PM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

I also think that cleaning house is an excellent idea. I did that most of last year for my neighbor. She wasn't elderly but in nursing school and working full time and a single mother so she needed help and I needed cash. It worked out really well.

Good Luck!!

Sandra

Old 11-22-2004, 04:04 PM
Six Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Love the Poultry seasoning mix recipe

How neat!!!

I asked today at work if anyone had little boys clothes in his size. This coworker is gonna look for me, but she may forgotten so may have to remind her before she leaves tomorrow. If I can get the clothes frugally then great. I am still going to buy him some shoes and some toys.

Now I have to start unthawing the turkey. Gonna take about 2 days to do. Thought I was gonna have a jump on Thanksgiving but dd's therapist is gonna come tomorrow and Wednesday, so won't be able to get a jump on it like I'd hoped. But, If I could at least do the small things I can have a little bit of a jump. I don't want to be spending Thanksgiving cooking all day and then be too tired to eat-LOL!

Also, just remembered where I can get the nutmeg, at the bent and dent store, so will go there tomorrow before work or after.
Old 11-22-2004, 08:14 PM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Frugal thing today was using up denim scraps to make purses for Christmas presents. I am taking a break from ties and I have so many denim blocks stacked up that I figured its time to start using some up. ( every time we have a pair of jeans that no longer fit, have holes, etc, I cut them into blocks 7 1/2 by 7 1/2. I usually make quilts with them but I am not in the quilting mood. I save all the pockets from every pair of jeans and bibs that I cut up, so I used the pockets to embelish the purses and they are the perfect size for a cell phone to be tucked into. I also made matching wallets for the purses and tucked them into the pocket. The purses each took 6 blocks to make so I have a long way to go.. good thing they only take about 10 minutes to make ! LOL
Attached Images

Old 11-22-2004, 08:17 PM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

This is the front of the purse in the previous post.. Forgive the images, I was frugal when I went camera shopping.. it serves its purpose, but isnt a really wonderful camera.
Attached Images

Closed Thread