What Did You Do Frugal Today VIIII - Page 24 - FamilyCorner.com Forums
Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 4.50 average.
Old 12-02-2004, 11:15 AM

Chocolate Mint Fudge

Anyone interested in the recipe? I found it yesterday in our local newspaper, thought it would make a nice Christmas gift.

Anna
Old 12-02-2004, 11:21 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Yes to answer the question the Christmas tree will be the first thing in the house. Paige(DD) is just dying without the tree up. She keeps asking when will we put it up. Last night she went int he closet and got out the pole for the tree and slept with it by her bed. The girl really want the tree up. I have a little three foot tre I am thinking of putting up here inthis house and letting them ake paper ornament to decorate it. Maybe that will get them to stop nagging for a while.

Anna, yes I would like the recipe. I have some people to give to and that would be perfect.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.
Old 12-02-2004, 11:38 AM

Chocolate Mint Fudge Recipe

Chocolate Mint Fudge

2 jars ( 7 oz each) marshmallow crème
3 cups sugar
1 1/3 cup sweetened condensed milk
1 stick butter
½ tsp. salt
2 bags ( 10 oz each) mint flavored chocolate morsels
1 cup nuts
1 tsp. vanilla

Line a 13x9 inch pan with foil. Butter the foil.
Combine first five ingredients in a heavy medium saucepan over medium hat. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
Boil 5 minutes. Remove from heat. Add chips and stir until smooth. Stir in nuts and vanilla. Pour into prepared pan. When fudge is set, lift fudge out of pan, using foil as an aid. Remove from foil. Cut fudge into squares.
Old 12-02-2004, 11:45 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

OH YEAH!! i sold $35.oo on ebay today. that was some of my mary kay makeup,and a 7 tape lot of military veidos. im all happy now. its a small amount, but it is an amount so im happy.i feel like im contribuiting to the household again.

as for our dsl, here its just thru a local phone service. it wuold be cheaper if we had a home phone, but they wanted too much for the depoisit on that, so we got regular cells for now. the good thing is i can take thoes with me, and my kids can use them when they go on basketball games.they have unlimited calling in the 618 area code. and lucky for me..my mom who drives semis her cell phone is a 618 number so i can call her as much as i want.

im glad everyones day is going good.
ericka

http://ehale.avonrepresentative.com/
Old 12-02-2004, 03:04 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Addict

Ohh yum mint fudge!

Thanks for the recipe.

Cool on the ebay Ericka.
Old 12-02-2004, 03:17 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Sarah V

Regarding the insurance, have you ever checked into Basic Health of WA, it has gone up in price since I lived there in 2001, but it still may be cheaper than what you are now paying, also Basic Health is based on your income. Just a thought

I too am surprised about a library card costing $50. Never heard of such a thing, that is a federally funded establishment. Would like to hear more about that.

Joesbaby, hang in there and all the rest of you gals who are having money difficulties at this time of year. Sounds like you have cut corners where ever possible. But I agree to with OSI, that there are several business who will hire part-time help during Christmas. That would certainly help . Even here in Montana there is always help wanted signs posted . True the wage per hour is low, but it's better than nothing.

Went to buy groceries today, did the dumbest thing today, ( never have done this before) , while we were having breakfast out at a local restuarant, I left my purse on the floor next to the table where we were eating at, Didn't realize I didn't have my purse, until I was getting out of the car when we arrived in the shopping area 50 miles away.. I was so disgusted with my self. Used my cell phone and yes they had my purse, would keep it for me until I returned back into town. Wonder what chance of it being there if I was still living in a big city???
Thank goodness dh had his debit card, and check blanks , so was able to do all the shopping .

Have a good supply of groceries for the month, only thing I did forget( didn't have my list along of course) was chicken bullion. Will just have to wait until I get to a local grocery store later this month. Or may just be able to without.

Take care everyone.
Joy
Old 12-02-2004, 03:35 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Montanaczech- what city do you shop in? Over in ND?
Thank god your purse was still there. I once a long time ago, left my purse, with my rent money, on the floor of a rest too. I was not so lucky. Mine was no where to be found when I called the restaurant 15 min later, and even returned back to search myself!! This was in Calif.
Frugal was my truck only cost 95.00 to fix by the local garage , I just hope they did it right!! They didnt need the $195 part the other place said I needed, yippee, I get to get my money back on that.
Unfrugal, had to replace some Xmas lites on the house that wernt working.
Old 12-02-2004, 05:34 PM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Frugal for me today, I put together a free website to sell some of my things I am so obsessed with making lately. I have the shopping cart on it and everything.. Unfrugal... no one can order from it yet. Apparently, one of my kids used my pay pal account a few months back and have a charge on it that has to be paid.. Grrrrrrrr I have to learn to hide those passwords better. Anyway, I guess within three days it will be ready to go.

Another unfrugal.. we have some repair work that needs to be done around here Just our luck right at Christmas time, Good thing I made my presents and im all done.
Old 12-02-2004, 05:44 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Idyroper
We shop in Williston,
Yes I certainly was a lucky person with that purse incident.
Are you back with your hubby ? Hope things are returning to normal for you 2.

Also we do shop every 3 months @ Minot, at the Comissary, but the bargins are not so great there, and I always spend too much, more than when I do my shopping just monthly.
Joy

Last edited by czechlady; 12-02-2004 at 05:48 PM.
Old 12-02-2004, 05:58 PM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Joy,

Yes, we did do Basic Health for a while for my daughter, they have really had their funding cut and as an adult I did not qualify. In April, after another funding cut, my daughter did not qualify either and that's when her and I found the policy on eHealthinsurance.com. Now, at my husband's new work, we are all covered which is such a relief I can't even begin to tell you. I work my own business out of my home so I don't have any benefits I don't supply myself! I have always been the healthiest of people, have never been in the hospital or even had a broken bone, so I gambled with not carrying insurance on myself because it was SO expensive. Well, this past January I had to have emergency surgery to remove my galbladder. I will be paying off the $20,000 bill until I am gray, and beyond. Unless Lotto comes through, lol.

Take care all!

Sarah

Honorary Members

Closed Thread