What Did You Do Frugal Today VIIII - Page 23 - FamilyCorner.com Forums
Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 4.50 average.
Old 12-02-2004, 07:43 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

for our medical, the kids always had a medical card, when our income goes above that, we will be eligibal for lower cost insurance thru the state for them. as for us, as long as our income is below a certain level, they give us medical too, at least for 6 months. thankfully we had that when joe had his last heart attack episode. or else wed be worse off than we are now.

have a good day
ericka

++edited to add++ we never had insurance thru joes work, they didnt provide it, and what they offered, we couldnt afford. it was like 1 check (for 2 weeks) for family insurance. so we never had it.

http://ehale.avonrepresentative.com/
Old 12-02-2004, 07:48 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Addict

Ericka, do I have to be a registered person on ebay to look at your stuff? I don't know anything about ebay.
Old 12-02-2004, 08:19 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Addict

Ericka, just to let you know I figured it out.
Old 12-02-2004, 08:25 AM
FamilyCorner Fanatic
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Thanks for the thoughts for Dh he just phoned me to say they are going to drain his knee, and they did xrays! They said it might be a spontanias bleed. Which really frightens me! Or maybe as the doc said he just moved right instead of left....
I forgot Evans aunt gave him an advent calender so we started that today, a piece of chocolate for every day! He was excited.
I have been flipping through my December issue of Taste of Home and thinking I might make some candy out of there for gifts to family and friends.
Leighann
Old 12-02-2004, 08:48 AM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Erika,

Just curious, what state do you live in that they charge you $50 for a library card...Yikes! In Washington, they are free, and I thought that was the whole idea behind a library. Jeez, I hope charging is not a trend that has not made it here yet... And BTW, I know what you are saying about the health insurance, it was the same at my husband's last job, well his was free, but to add my daughter and myself was almost $400 a month. I ended up getting simular coverage for WAY cheaper via eHealthinsurance.com. That really made me go "huh" because you would think a group rate (via an employer) would be cheaper than an indvidual policy. Anywho, take care, and know that lots of people are thinking about you and wishing you good things.

Sarah

Honorary Members

Old 12-02-2004, 08:59 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

the libary card is so much because we live out of town, and dont pay taxes for the libary in our land taxes. its free if you live in the city limits, but costs if you dont. so thats why its so expenicive. they say its roughly teh same amount they pay for libray in taxes.

ericka

ps we live in southern illinois

http://ehale.avonrepresentative.com/
Old 12-02-2004, 10:22 AM
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Lee, I hope DH's knee is okay. Please keep us posted!

LorieMae, you are right, about the Ericka's internet. Our local dial up internet is $19.95/month! Ericka, how in the world do you get DSL for only $20/month??? Although, I think I would prefer free library over cheaper DSL service!

Joesbaby, as for the applications that you filled out. Just remember after a few months they get filed in the back, and are considered not active. So, if it has been awhile since you filled out apps. you may want to try again! Just a suggestion, with it being the busy holiday shopping time.

Although, I think it may be coming to having to pay for a library card in our area, as with the new tax proposal, there is no monies going towards the libraries!

Emmalee, congrats on the move in date! I like Lee's question, of is the first thing you move in going to be the christmas tree?

As for my frugal, not much! Since I sale Avon, I have been buying all the stuff that is on sale for less than $2. I buy four of each item, I will make gift baskets for my brother's and sisters' families for Christmas with these items. I would feel "cheap", but, if I hadn't done it my sister would have.

It is like trying to pull teeth around here figuring out what to get the big kids for Christmas. It will probably be a card with money for them. As DS keeps changing his mind. (I told him he changes his mind more often than his underwear!) And oldest DD hasn't even given me a clue! Youngest DD wants everything. And Middle DD, has a nice little list made, and not to mention anything Bratz will make her happy.
Old 12-02-2004, 10:52 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Addict

Well, we have comcast here and they are raising the rates in Jan. Not a lot but still they are raising it. I'm thinking of dropping them or maybe cutting back on our cable usage. I seem to rent before it comes on the premium channels anyway. I use them for my dsl which is expensive also, I'll be calling Qwest pretty soon too.

Mom2-4, I sell Avon too and I plan on using some of the products this year as gifts. It does come in handy sometimes.

I also found lots of new stuff when we brought home our stuff from storage, things that I thouht I needed or things we won, so will be using these items too for gifts.
Old 12-02-2004, 11:01 AM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Lori Mae....

I have had the Qwest DSL service for about 2 months now and LOVE IT!!!!

It is $60 for the modem which can either be paid in full or in parts on your phone bill. The monthly charge for the dsl itself is $15 and we got to keep our local provider for no extra charge in fact it reduced our 3 month charge from $60 to $50 every 3 months.

The modem was somewhat challenging to install (it comes with softwear) but the technical service @ Qwest was very helpful and talked me through every step.

Hope this helps...I highly recommend it!

Sandra

Old 12-02-2004, 11:13 AM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Ericka,

Thanks for the reply, and I guess that really does make sense. And I agree with whoever said that charging for libraries is possibly around the corner. In Seattle, we have a gorgeous brand new central library, but the budget to operate that, and all branch libraries is off by 1.2 million. The city says it just doesn't have the money.

DSL for $20 a month sound like a lovely dream. Cable internet here is $45 a month, $55 if you don't have cable TV. Quest DSL is $34 a month, or $29 if you get your phone service via Quest, which we do, but the DSL is not yet available in our area. It kills me to spend this much on the computer, but when I think of going back to dial up, I shudder. I guess I am paying for being impatient!

Take care all,

Sarah

Honorary Members

Closed Thread