What Did You Do Frugal Today VIIII - Page 20 - FamilyCorner.com Forums
Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 4.50 average.
Old 11-30-2004, 08:10 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Addict

bluebird, since you don't know who had it before you I would have it professionaly cleaned at least the first time. Then used the home method for freshening it up occasionaly.
Old 12-01-2004, 05:00 AM

Home Dry Cleaning Kits

I have used them for about the last 9 years, never take my clothes to the dry cleaners including winter coats and my husbands business suits. Of course, I've never run into a stain on my clothing yet and now days I don't wear dry clean clothes very often since our office has gone more casual.

However, on a used coat for the first time I would have it dry cleaned first.

Anna
Old 12-01-2004, 07:24 AM
FamilyCorner Fanatic
FamilyCorner Fanatic

VIckilynn,
My couch is microfiber and is scotchgarded, I like it easy to clean with wet rag, and trust me I have had stuff on it all has come off with ease! They suggest getting it professinaly cleaned once a year. Mine is about a year old however right now its one of those things I cant afford right now! When I have some extra I will do it. My sister in law has had her microfiber set for 2 yrs and she said hers is also doing well! Mind you both her and I have our own daycare so you can imagine the use it gets not to mention sticky hands, spit up and a little accident here and there!
I have used the drycleaning home care for dhs suit and our winter coats, works for us.
Todays frugal doing a small load of laundry and hanging on the line in the basement, forced frugalness since dryer is not working! lol
Leighann
Old 12-01-2004, 07:43 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

AAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH!!

ok i feel better now.lol. do you all ever feel like your hitting your head aginst the wall? i feel right now, like nothing im doing is making a diffrence in our life. i feel, worthless right now. ok, i know that is an overstatement, that i do alot, but no one seems to appricate it..and we are getting deeper into debt, and im scared of that.

ok, enough whining...lets see what im doing today..last night i cleaned on my girls room, and got it somewhat cleaner, so today i plan to put the air fresheners in there hidden, so my exprimental childerend dont do something scary with them. like,well, im sure they would do anything they could think of.lol.

today, my plan is to clean the bathroom. i have my cabinate stuffed with things ive gotten cheap, and i want to try to get everything straitend up. plus, im hopeing in the stash of things i have, i can find enough goodies to make up a couple baskets for folks for xmas. plus i am doing laundry. and hopefully getting my grocery list made out. im still trying to decide what meat bundles i want to puchase, if any.

plus the worst part of the day, trying to find the money to pay all the bills. and get it all figured out. that may take a while. but im sure i can get things figured out. or at least, closer figured out.

hope every one has a good day
ericka

http://ehale.avonrepresentative.com/
Old 12-01-2004, 09:04 AM

Joesbaby

Here's hoping 2005 is a better year for you.

Anna
Old 12-01-2004, 09:28 AM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Joesbaby, we've all felt that way at times. I will say, from past experience, that it usually all works out in the end. Though, when you are in the middle, it sure doesn't feel like it will!

You are in our thoughts.

Sarah

Honorary Members

Old 12-01-2004, 10:13 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Hang in there Joesbaby, I know when the pressure of life gets to be too much, it is frustrating. Remember that a 100 yrs from now we won't even care Not too reassuring, just a bit of humor.

Just finished baking an applesauce/pecan / raisin cake from scratch, It sure has made the kitchen smell good , will have to go easy on it when having a piece, as it does have some sugar in it, but a spice cake just sounded good today.

Will be going to a Christmas party tonight, am looking forward to it, over 30 gals will be there, and a gift exchange too , along with a meal .

Am down to the nitty gritty for groceries this month, thank goodness it's only 2 days away when we go shopping for the monthly supplies. Have a huge grocery list for this month.

Have a good day everyone
Joy
Old 12-01-2004, 11:50 AM
FamilyCorner Junkie

((Ericka)) I can really empathize with how you're feeling--I've been feeling that way for a few years now!! I just keep holding on to the fact that every little bit I can do now will pay off in the long run. But sometimes I feel as if I'm the only one who's trying--I need shoes, clothes, meds..the kids need shoes and boots for winter...I'm struggling to feed us all this week because dh missed some work and there was 0 dollars for groceries....and what is dh's contribution to the cause? He drinks a cheaper beer. I get most of my clothes from the thrift store, he shops at Sears where his jeans cost $25 apiece. It's frustrating!! But I hate to think of the financial trouble we'd be in if I, at least, weren't so careful how we spend the little money we have. You are doing wonderfully, doing what you can with what you have. You have accomplished a lot since you joined this board--if you don't believe me, go back and read all your posts! Add up all those little dollars you've saved by being frugal--I think you'll be pleasantly surprised!!

Nothing frugal to report today--just trying to recover from a nagging cough and stuffy nose!
Old 12-01-2004, 11:57 AM

Mrs. Maniac

Have you tried signing up for Freecycle in your area? Here in Columbus people post their wants as well as offerrings. One of my co workers has been getting large garbage bags full of plus sized clothes some brand new with the price tags still on them. I'm thinking this might be helpful with clothes for yourself and the children.

Anna
Old 12-01-2004, 12:02 PM
Assistant Moderator

I had a huge grocery list too. I went to the local mom and pop store today. I was very happy with what I got. Pork chops for $1.09 a pound, ham for $1.39 a pound. Beef is still so high! We want to get money ahead a buy part of a buffalo. $2.29 a pound.
It is nice to see our mom and pop store sell items cheaper than WalMart. I bought the basics so tonight I need to make a menu.

I did decide on taking part of dd's SSI check and buying her monthly supplies for the next three or four months. Then if we don't get to town.... no problem.

Still need to sort thru Christmas gifts and see what needs to be finished and what needs to be bought. I am going to the city on Friday so I can hit the Dollar Tree for stocking stuffers.

Closed Thread