Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > Home & Garden > Frugal Living > What Did You Do Frugal Today

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 4.50 average.
Old 11-22-2004, 02:42 AM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Paintingnut I just heard about the shootings on the news. How awlful for your community. But remember you are in all of our thoughts and prayers.

Rosey
Old 11-22-2004, 03:08 AM
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Paintingnut

That story brings me to tears, I am so sorry to hear such a tragedy occurred. God bless all those who lost their family and those in the hospital, what a tragic loss of life.

Anna
Old 11-22-2004, 03:33 AM
Six Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Didn't hear about any shooting

Will have to catch up on that one!

Well, got all of my Thanksgiving foods Frugally. I got several items like canned green beans, the big can for .99 cents and a frozen pie crust for .99 cents each along with some regular items for my dd's and nieces lunch yesterday, some soda etc. for $27 but my thanksgiving items out of that was less than $5. Then I went to Kroger who was having an AWESOME sale on their Turkey's. It was $5 off any 14 lb turkey. The total was $14.14 but I paid only $9- and I got some Splenda and something I had been looking for which was brown sugar Twinn. So, now I can make the fried apples-(low carb/sugar-free)-the way I want too. I also bought some Libby pumpkin pie mix for .99 cents. I have to make two separate pies, one low carb for me and one regular for dd. Oh I also took some coins to Coinstar and it came to $5 and some change so that was great.

I then went to Save-a-Lot and got just a few more items for a total of $17. and then went to the dollar store for aluminum foil and some poultry seasoning-(can't find that or nutmeg ANY where), unless it's like $3.99 for a bottle. I spent less than $50 on my dinner. I still haven't had the chance to clean out my free deep freezer. Gotta do that at least by tomorrow because gotta be able to store leftovers.

I am definately thinking about little Mason. I think I can buy him something frugally, I'm sure I can. I have to buy dd and both my nieces more shoes, they have all outgrown their shoes, so I am hoping that on payday next week there is a Buy one Get one type of sale at Payless and so I can get all of their shoes and little Mason's frugally. If not, I'll just budget it out. I have to wrap up Xmas for dd/nieces, and then get Mason a few things. I want to buy him some outfits, a pair of shoes, some socks, and a few learning toys. I'll be looking out for the sales next Sunday.

I then drove my nieces back to North Carolina and came home really, really late and now have to get ready to take dd to school and to go to work myself. Hope I can stay awake-
Old 11-22-2004, 03:48 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Poultry Seasoning:
I had trouble finding it a few years back and finally found a recipe online and started making my own. It's just a seasoning blend.
Here's one good recipe for it:
http://www.recipesource.com/special-...easoning1.html
Old 11-22-2004, 06:36 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Well I knew it would go over 100 pages while I was off line. Hi all. I went shopping on Saturday for our Thanksgiving dinner. The cheapest I could get a turkey was .59 a pound. Was very disappointed in that. Last year I got ine for .29 cents a pound.

paintingnut, such a senseless act of that hunter who took 5 people away from thier families. One of my brother and his 3 sons are hunters. The do it every year. So scary and tragic.

Way to go on the deals Patrice.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.
Old 11-22-2004, 06:37 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Forgot to ask does anyone have a basic bread machine recipe? For a 1 to 1 1/2 pound bread machine.

Old 11-22-2004, 06:57 AM
Assistant Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

White Bread

1 1/2 pound loaf

1 cup milk
1/4 cup water
4 tea butter, oil
3/4 tea salt
4 tea sugar
3 cups bread flour
1 tea dry yeast

Place in pan in order given. Select the basic white bread cycle.
Old 11-22-2004, 07:09 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Hi everyone, Just subscribing to this thread took me a few min to find it LOL. I went and checked out a new "Big Lots" that just opened this morning (they sell closesout things)and I found jars of the Carb Option whipped dressin (like miracle whip minus the carbs) for only 99 cents!!! Great deal as I pay $2.69 in the reg grocery store, so I grabbed jars of that. Also saved o$4.99 on hair color I use Nice n easy and it was on sale for 4.99 and I got a coupon in yest. paper buy 1 get 1 free so I got 2 for 4.99 another good deal!!All the money I save I just put in with my Xmas money so it just goes back out again, but I still have the good feeling of knowing I saved money too, LOL!!

Have a good day all
Sandie
We all need a little tender luvin BEAR!!

Dont forget to feed the BIRDS!!!!!They are hungry too!!
Attached Images

Old 11-22-2004, 07:36 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Thank you Connie.

Old 11-22-2004, 08:24 AM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Oh Sandie....we have a Big Lots in our town and I LOVE it!!!

They have wonderful decorating items, socks, underwear, cards, loads of good children's toys, towels, linens, food items, tools, pet supplies...I just have to make sure I don't over do it there because the prices are so good I can buy more

Enjoy!

Closed Thread