Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > Home & Garden > Frugal Living > What Did You Do Frugal Today

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 4.50 average.
Old 02-14-2005, 05:04 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Hello all!

Joesbaby - ooh what a pretty horse!

I'm going to give the family a Valentine's Party today. I'm still not quite sure what we're having for dinner, but I'm making big heart shaped cookies frosted with pink icing for dessert, and I have chocolates to dip too. I bought them all little gifts and put them in red bags, and I've done candy bar bags like, I love you SMORE and SMORE, and don't SNICKER, I love you MOUNDS! I had so much fun making them up. I also rubber stamped them Valentines in my mom's rubber stamp room.

Well, I just got back from my run and I'm all wet, it was raining, so I need to go change and wake up dh and the kiddo's.

Carol

Old 02-14-2005, 05:09 AM
FamilyCorner Postaholic

mom2-4

Congrats... you turned it over to Page 100 Sorry I wasn't on yesterday girls but we are having computer problems on our home computer... dh was on there till after midnight last night trying to figure out what's wrong. Dr. Watson keeps popping up and won't go away. We thought it was a virus but it's something in our programming. It won't let you left click on the mouse pad, you have to right click where it says "Open" Grrr!!! He took the day off today to keep working on it.

I wasn't frugal this weekend, spent dibs and dabs here and there all weekend. I went to another thrift store yesterday looking for a pair of jeans. Ran into my sister there who was looking for books. I found a whole bunch of the type romance novels I like and spent about $10.00 on books, also they had all sweaters on sale for 50 cents so I bought quite a few wool sweaters to make a second sweater blanket. These are gonna be a pain to get ready as they have to be cold washed and layed flat to dry so gotta find some space to do that before I can start working on them.

Well gotta go be back later

Joesbaby

What a awesome beautiful horse! and way to go on the couponing!!!

Anna
Old 02-14-2005, 05:46 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

forget to say I had to get a new (used)

computer monitor. I didnt get a new one with my new computer last year, so my other one was 7 yrs old and just quit over the weekend! I got ahold of the guy that fixed my computer and he had a good used 17" for $50. Was going to get one at the thrift store, but theres were as old as mine. And new ones i cant afford right now. This one is big, dont need my glassees to see the screen!!!
Old 02-14-2005, 06:47 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Idyroper: You will be much closer to me if you get that property by Medora, about 200 miles.

Joesbaby: love the horse, but then I am horse crazy. We now have 8 horses here , 3 are being boarded for the winter .

We have wind and clouds here today, will drive into the post office after a bit, a pkg arrived saturday, ( my new bedspread I won on Ebay) am anxious to get it home and take a peek at it. Then will drive to the other town and pick up a small dresser I bought which has toile painting on it, That dresser will be the end of my buying for my bedroom as it will be completly full of furniture.

Happy Valentines day to everyone

Joy

Last edited by czechlady; 02-14-2005 at 06:50 AM.
Old 02-14-2005, 06:48 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Anna, you bet I want it.

Nothing frugal going on here. We got the drapes for the sliding glass window Sat. These things better last a long time. The costed enough. They were 50% off and the hardware was 20% off and we had a coupon for 15.00 off. SO we spent 250.00 for them.

OK, listen to this. I took the kids to school and my DD handed me a note. It said do not open until you get home. It was from my DH. I am to meet him in Boise I am not to pick up the kids I am to dress up and that is what the not said minus the mushy stuff. I am so surprised. I cannot believe he did this. All the way down to getting a babysitter. He can be such a sweetie.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.
Old 02-14-2005, 06:51 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

There is a hopeless romantic in me that thinks that may be the sweetest thing I have ever heard!Good for you and I hope you have a great time!!
Old 02-14-2005, 07:10 AM
FamilyCorner Fanatic
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Emm,
What a wonderful Valentines day your going to have! Enjoy yourself!
I am making my boys including dh heart shaped pink frosted sugar cookies! Have the dough chilling now. That to me is a frugal Valentine gift to the ones I love.
Anna,
I like to read romance books to, my grandma has always said that is her vice. Needless to say she belongs to all the Harlequin clubs so I have never had to buy one myself. SHe has boxes of them. My great aunt goes halves with her. Been reading those books since I was 13 or 14...There just like watching a romance movie a quick 2 hrs. Not that I get to read as many as I used to. Still like a few novels here and there though. I seem to read more in the summmer! Hope your dh gets the computer problem fixed today.
Karen )momto4) are you saving the bikes as their Easter presents? Kids do need bikes great excercise. I want to get Evan one this year for his birthday. He had a big wheel type back last year. Of course it will take more for me to let him ride down the sidewalk but thats the paranoid mom in me. I just get freaked out if people pull out of driveways fast as I know some do.
Leighann
Old 02-14-2005, 07:34 AM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Awww....EmmJean...that is sooo sweet! Hope you have a great time!

Joe'sbaby...I'm so jealous!!! That horse is gorgeous...I want one again soooo bad but this just isn't the right time...Have fun and do take is slow and easy and I bet she'll do great.

My dh stayed up until 5am this morning doing something for Valentine's day...I haven't a clue but he and my Mom and have very secretive for a few days. We're also not going to be frugal in the next few days....we're headed to the coast for a night and two days...so we'll be eating out and shopping and the gas and such but we have to have a vacation sometimes right???

Happy Valentine's Day!!

Old 02-14-2005, 08:59 AM
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Happy Valentines Day Everyone

Having said that, this thread will now be closing as we start another chapter in our What Did You Do Frugal Today.

Here is the link to the new thread:

http://www.familycorner.com/forums/s...threadid=13866

Anna & Robin
Frugal Living Moderators

Last edited by AnnaInOhio; 02-14-2005 at 09:05 AM.

Closed Thread