Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > Home & Garden > Frugal Living > What Did You Do Frugal Today

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 4.50 average.
Old 11-26-2004, 08:28 AM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Phew. Relieved that that's over. The chocolate pecan pie was way too sweet. But it's gone completely, still was good. Regular is better to me.
Ds and I got up and went to Target this morning and I got one of those food vac sealing thingys. Not sure if I'm willing to give it as a gift to my parents. I sure would like to keep it. They sold out on the one advertised in their paper but they substituted a Rival one for the same price. I grabbed the last sealed one, there was one more that someone had just opened and left sitting there. Normally $59.99, on sale for $47.
Old 11-26-2004, 08:41 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Thanksgiving was nice except we lost power for 2 hours in the middle of cooking the TURKEY. The whole town lost power. Something about a power pole falling over. The turkey finally got done at about 5:30pm. And it was very good and moist. We played board games all day. We are so boring sometimes.LOL.

I didn't go out to any of the sales this year. Very frugal for me, because I always spend more then I need to. Next year now that is a different story.LOL.

Starting to think about what I can make for people next year. My Mom loves the color red so I thought about a quilted wall hanging in red work. She loves homemade gifts. I love making for her.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.
Old 11-26-2004, 08:42 AM
Six Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Thats exactly what they did because we were there at 6.

They had the coats but none were 22/24 and the woman before me told me that she too had only come out for this coat. The walmart lady told us that they only put out one 22/24 and one 26/28. That's wrong! So now I'm back to buying my coat in layaway that's $45, originally $70.

Well, while out briefly this morning I saw a few items I'm gonna buy for the little boy at Angel Tree this coming week. So, that was frugal. I also just went to the dollar store and got my decorations for the porch and also got the plugs for my free deep freezer that's now clean. So staying in the house the rest of the day and watching DISNEY CHANNEL_ Oh well, tomorrow's my marathon, Roseanne.

Hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving!!!
Old 11-26-2004, 09:17 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

whew glad thats over. Everything went really well.
And I'm glad to say that the onion turkey is definitely the way to go (thats me still smelling onions). Gotta find me some of that coffee soap-where do I get some? Wait a minute...who makes it??? Please pm me I'd like to buy some, can't remember who it is.
So this turkey was the moistest we've ever had, went to pick it up out of the roasting pan to move it to the platter and it fell apart off the bone!!! Too bad I didn't get a bigger one, not enough left overs.
Dh peeved me tho so now he's getting the silent treatment. He started getting huffy and talking in a not nice voice because he couldn't find the coffee beans. Earlier he'd handed them to me from the downstairs freezer to put upstairs. Well sorry if I was a bit distracted making TG dinner and getting it on the table, ended up in the upstairs freezer and blind-man couldn't find them. We had it out this a.m., since then he's been playing with the girls and not bothering me.
"If mama ain't happy, no ones happy"

A frugal purchase has now paid off. I got road hazzard on my new tires, well I must've found a nail in the road, because my car is now sitting with a flat. I just have to call the 800#, they will put on the spare and/or tow it into the shop which will fix it for free or replace FREE. Only $11 per tire for the life of it. How cool is that

**A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands**
Old 11-26-2004, 09:33 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Hi All, Hope all had a good Thanksgiving and arent too stuffed from yesterday. DD and I were at the mall at 5 am and it was mobbed at that hour!!!We did get some good deals and alot of shopping done for Xmas and saved alot too but what I saved I ended up spending anyhow so I dont know how frugal it was, LOL. It was fun thought cuz DD doesnt get out much without the kids, and it was more relaxing except for the crowds. Every few min someonne on the loud speaker in the mall would advertise a special somewhere for an hour only and the people would just run towards the store, it was funny and irritating too because some people are just sooo RUDE!!I did manage to save on the Love Cub, the one that one of my GD's so badly wants for Xmas it normally goes for$30 and I got it in a toy store in the mall on special for an hour only for $19!!!

Sandie

We all need a little tender Luvin BEAR!!!
Attached Images

Old 11-26-2004, 09:57 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

bluebird..i know ive got the spelling wrong,but its called munchasens by proxy. its where a parent(usually mother) makes their child sick to get the attention. i had to do a paper on it in college chid psch.. very scary.

im glad everyone had a good thanksgiving. i went to my folks at 7 am to get lunch ready. my mom is an otr driver, and hadnt gottern home till 6:30 right befor i got there. so we got all the dinner ready toghether, cleaned the house and everything in the 6 hours till we had lunch. it worked out good. and we stayed at my folks house till 1am playing games. that was fun too. i had to take a 30 minute nap on my sons bed in his room there. my folks have a 3 bedroom house just so my kids have their own rooms there. bubba has one, the girls have the other.

today just cleaning and gettign things ready to sell on ebay. im sooo broke, not asking for sympathy ..just maybe good thougths ok? im so behind on somethings..like my truck payment, im afraid they may come get my truck. joes trying, but its rained the past copule weeks alot. soooo i ask for good thougths for us..if you wouldnt mind.

hope everyone has a good day
ericka

http://ehale.avonrepresentative.com/
Old 11-26-2004, 12:57 PM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Joe'sbaby (((((((((((((HUG))))))))))))))

Sounds like everyone had a nice Thanksgiving.

We did too...quiet but restful.

Turkey came out good. My Mom made a new dressing with sausage and sage and cranberry sauce and cornbread and sourdough bread and it was really good. Had boiled onions, sweet potatoes, mashed potatoes, jello salad, deviled eggs, relish tray, rolls and banana cream pie for dessert. We were stuffed and then played Liverpool Rummy.

I am sooo excited about Christmas this year! I'm wrapping packages this afternoon with my Mom and then dh only works three days next week and then is off for 11. We'll finally get icicle lights on the outside of the house!!! We'll get our tree up next week and we also have dh's birthday on Thursday and ds's birthday on Saturday and a friend of ds's birthday on Friday...tis the season right???

Happy Holidays!
Sandra

Old 11-26-2004, 01:24 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Addict

LJsmom, OSI is the one who sells the soaps. Maybe she has the coffee one.

I went out to Walgreens a while ago and picked up a couple of toys for my DH union toy drive and they had VHS movies(I thought they were 3.99) so I got 2, A Christmas Story the one with Ralphie and It's A Wonderful Life. Well much to my surprise after I paid for my stuff I checked my reciept to see if the movies rang up at 3.99, They were on a special 2 for 3.00 this morning!!! Whoo Hoo, I've been wanting the Jimmy Stewart movie for a long time.

Ericka, I'm thinking good thoughts for you and your family.
Old 11-26-2004, 01:51 PM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

I Love that movie Lori Mae!!! A Christmas Story with Ralphie and his Red Ryder beebe gun! There are so many good parts like the lamp the dad wins, and the part when the dogs get the turkey and then the dinner at the Chinese restaurant...hmmm...I guess we'll have to watch that one tonight

That was a great deal on videos...I couldn't drag myself out of bed to get to the stores that early. Besides there were so many places that had something I wanted I couldn't go to them all...

Old 11-26-2004, 02:15 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

I love 'It's a wonderful life' I watch it every christmas eve. I have never heard of 'A christmas story'.

Ericka, I am sending lots of positive thoughts your way.

Not much happening here, in terms of being frugal, I would like not to have the heating on so much as gas prices are going up & up, but DH prefers to have the heating on. I just don't have the heating on when I am in the house on my own, and I feel that it must balance itself out!

I've just remembered that DH took all our loose change that has been lying around the house for ages to the local change machine and it came to about £90. I might see about putting it towards the loft insulation as this is supposed to dramatically reduce the gas bills.

Last edited by butterfly; 11-26-2004 at 02:56 PM.

Closed Thread