Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > Home & Garden > Frugal Living > What Did You Do Frugal Today

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 4.50 average.
Old 01-19-2005, 11:36 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Ericka, you might also check out this section:
http://www.familycorner.com/forums/f...ne=&forumid=74
and see if there are any good ideas you can use. We do have lots of sections on storage in the different "room" threads.
Old 01-19-2005, 12:23 PM
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Hi everyone

I've been browsing on here off and on all day, it's been busy with work projects like sorting and counting 4 bolts (2 of each) and putting in little baggies, then 10 baggies to one big, lol! I wish they were more receptive to working from home as the things I was doing today could be done from home. I am helping though by doing some of the time consuming stuff thus freeing up a skilled assembler to do more in detail work.

Not much frugal here... sold 3 candles at work, 2 Satin Sheets scent and one pillar in Cranberry Relish so starting to put a little ding in the money we've spent the last two weeks.

Dinner tonight is chicken breast that have been marinating in Italian dressing over a bed of rice with cooked veggies and a salad so we're eating what is onhand. We do have to go to Krogers after work to get more tomatoes, the ones we're buying right now just don't stay good but a few days.

Well I'm off to see if I can find a picture of satin sheets to put labels on my candles.

Anna
Old 01-19-2005, 02:48 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Anna, I once had a summer job doing exactly what you've been doing. We got parts lists (the company built sonar for the Navy) and we had to bag up 10 of this screw, 5 of this transistor, etc.

Joy, congrats to your grandson. That is quite an honor for him.
Old 01-19-2005, 03:45 PM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Sandie, it sounds like you're doing great to me. I have unfrugal moments sometimes too. All you can do is your best and start again. After all, nobody can be perfect.
Ericka, I hope your furnace gets fixed soon-brr! Good thing you are moving soon.
Take care, everyone and have a good evening.
Old 01-19-2005, 05:32 PM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Hi everyone I have been having a horrible time lately. Spent most of the day at a lawyers office. Very unfrugal, but neccessary, none the less. Tax season starts on the 27th, so I will be very busy until April 15, Every year I am a volunteer tax preparer at the senior center in our town, doing taxes for everyone who shows up for free. Maybe that will help take my mind off of this mess with my adopted kids and all the trouble associated with them.
Old 01-20-2005, 02:09 AM
FamilyCorner Addict

Good morning all!!!

Paintingnut, I am so sorry that you are having such a rough time regarding the kids. I know how it is when you think that something should be easy, and that no one else sees it that way. But hang in there, it will all work out in the end. I'll send a couple extra prayers your way.

Frugal for me yesterday was stopping in at the mechanics on the way to work, and taking my own windshield wiper fluid. I had no wiper fluid coming out. Either there was no fluid, or the line froze. In a split second they could tell it had frozen. But he took my bottle, filled up the resivour any. No charge, at least then I knew what I was dealing with.

There was no snow until around 2. My boss closed the office officially at 4, but we were out of there a few minutes early. I can get to work in the mornngs, traffic and all, in less than 1/2 hour. It took me from 4:00 until a few minutes after 5. I saw one accident on the way home where they had to use the jaws of life to get the driver out. And parts of the way there are no guards to prevent cars from leaving the roadway, and just going into the back bays. I hope they are all traveling a little more slowly this morning.

Nothing frugal here, but nothing bad either.

Better go, and start my morning routine. I will have to get outside a little early and let the car warm up a little longer.

Take care all!! Norma
Old 01-20-2005, 04:17 AM
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Good morning everyone

It's cold and snowing here today... tommorow we're supposed to get blizzard like conditions, what a joy that will be driving to and from work in, sure glad dh does the driving. We will be going at lunch today and filling the truck up so we're ready in the morning. I'm sure they will probably jack up the gas rates today as they know everyone will be filling up.

We skipped the rice last night and just had the marinated chicken and veggies with a salad. Tonight will be spaghetii and meatballs with a salad.

Frugal last night was going to the store and only buying what I went in for, in and out in 5 minutes.

That's about it for now.

Anna
Old 01-20-2005, 04:23 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Tonight we will have a frugal dinner. I just cleaned out the fridge-top freezer in the kitchen and found a little of this, a little of that....nothing was enough for more than 2. I'm defrosting some of it and we'll fill in the blanks with some side dishes and call it dinner.
While I was at it, I took all the partial bags of frozen vegetables and put them in ziplock bags. 2 or 3 bags fit in one ziplock. The vegetables will keep better that way and they'll be easier to store.

Now, on to the fridge. I need to check for "Science Experiments."
Old 01-20-2005, 04:48 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Good morning every one. I have been packing. We closed on the house Tuesday. So as of yesterday the house is ours. I wont be able to get online after today. We will be moving the computer today. FRUGAL they told what our monthly payment is going to be. My DH was so shocked that the lady doing our closing thought he was mad. It is going to be 320.00 a month. That includes insurance and taxes. The kids are so excited it ia hard to get them to go to school this morning. They want to stay home and help move.

Ericka congradulations on the new home too. Your kitchen souns wonderful. Mine will be done in sunflowers.

Well all I have a lot to do today. See you soon.

((((((HUGS)))))

I reject your reality and substitute my own.
Old 01-20-2005, 04:55 AM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Good morning, everyone! Hmm, if you all are getting snow in Ohio that usually means that it will probably be coming our way in the next few days.
Frugal is staying home the next few days and keeping the thermostat down. I think I will make a big batch of chili today.
We are doing our income taxes electronically also. It is so easy that way. We will probably just put the refund into savings. I am very blessed to have a frugal dh. He has always been great with money. Usually it is me that has to work at it. That's why I love this thread. There are so many great ideas here and tons of stuff to learn. Well, take care, all, and stay safe for all of you driving in bad weather.

Closed Thread