Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Old 08-10-2004, 05:39 AM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Have you tried freecycle?

I am so excited & so happppy! Yesterday I posted on my 4 local freecycle sites that I was looking for a wagon to pull my granddaughter in as I have every late afternoon & weekend she's not quite 2. Any way, I got an email & gave the person my phone number, yes she had a wagon & I was welcome to it. Well I expected it, by her description to be a little worse for wear, but nothing we could fix, but would you believe an almost pristine "Berlin Loadmaster" wagon, I looked it up this morning the cheapest I could find was 179.00 plus shipping this thing is unbelieveable. You guys have got to try it. I'm waiting for a potty chair, clothes, french door, etc
Old 08-10-2004, 10:49 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Location: Originally from the Home of the only 6 times Super Bowl Champs!
I have been looking at our areas on this site too but havent found anything nearly as nice!!

Great job!!!!

Visit my blogs **

Tami's Kitchen Table Talk

Simple, easy-to-cook family recipes
and lots of good conversation!

Join the Cookie Carnival!
On Hiatus

If you love baking cookies, join our group!

Old 08-13-2004, 08:01 PM

I tried it too... it's great. I gave away clothes today to a lady who helps women get ready for jobs, they need clothes for job interviews. She sent her husband here tonight to pick up the clothes. I also listed that I was looking for Buckeyes and got 3 responses for possible sites and a lady is looking at her mothers for them. Very nice experience so far.

Anna
Old 08-15-2004, 07:28 PM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

We got an upright piano for my 10yr old daughter. It's old and there are 3-4 keys that are silent or sticky. We plan on tuning and repairing it early in the winter if we have the $$. We had to borrow a friend and his truck and drive a half hour away to do it, but free is free... even if it was only almost free! Great site. I plan to list a few pair of boys blue jeans that didn't sell at our rummage sale and are in perfect shape. Hopefully that will make someone else's day.
Old 10-04-2004, 06:35 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Hi there

I have never heard of freecycle?? Is it only in the states??? Is there a website where I could find info on it??? It sounds like a really neat and wonderful way to help those in need??

thanks for any help you can give me

Hugs
Debbie

Guard well your spare moments. They are like uncut diamonds. Discard them and their value will never be known. Improve them and they will become the brightest gems in a useful life."
~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Old 10-05-2004, 04:06 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

the website is www.freecycle.org
There are groups in Canada too. I love our local freecycle. I have given away a lot of things like clothes, books, misc. and I have recieved a whole bag of clothing for my son another whole bag of clothing for my daughter and 50 books. With the books I took about a doz or so for me and took the rest to school and shared them with the rest of the staff they were gone in about an hour .
Check it out it is really worth it.
Iris
Old 10-05-2004, 04:40 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Thanks Iris

I actually joined one in my area today. Not a really active group but it may grow. I have some things to list so will see from there.

Hugs
Debbie

Guard well your spare moments. They are like uncut diamonds. Discard them and their value will never be known. Improve them and they will become the brightest gems in a useful life."
~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Old 10-20-2004, 09:37 AM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Freecycle is completely awesome. I have to control myself because stuff comes up and I go, ohhhh that's neat, but do I really NEED it. We have three groups locally, and the Seattle group alone has well over 3000 members, so it is busy. I would estimate that I have given away probably five or six "garbage cans" full that would have otherwise ended up in a landfill, things like a big bag of ragged t-shirts that a shop teacher took for shop rags for his auto class, plus some furniture that I didn't need anymore. I HIGHLY recommend it. Get rid of your junk and save the environment at the same time.

Sarah
Old 10-22-2004, 10:26 AM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

this is so cool. I love free stuff. It's like a garage sa;e but better. thanks for the info
amanda
Old 10-24-2004, 02:53 PM
Six Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

I got a crockpot off Freecyle that I love

I got some clothes today and a lamp that I put out by the garbage. I sifted through the clothes and will be washing them up and posting the larger clothes that I can't fit on Freecycle. I also posted about clothes on Freecycle. I LOVE IT.