Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Weight Loss Trying to lose weight? You are not alone. Find a buddy or simply get support here.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 14 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 12-06-2003, 10:21 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Question Has Anyone Tried The Diet Patches?

Hello All,

I recently read about a diet weight loss patch with an herbal ingredient fucous or something that is supposed to increase the metabolism and decrease the appetite while burning fat all at the same time.

I do know a lady that used it over the Thanksgiving holiday and she lost 2 lbs even after eating tons of food and no exercise. But that's only a single individual and it would be great to hear from others.

I need to lose about 30 lbs before Valentines Day and was wondering if anyone else has shown success while using the diet patch. All replies are most welcome.

Thanks for the help!

"Tiff"
Old 12-06-2003, 11:43 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Diet patches

Hi-
I wanted to give my personal experience with the specific patch you mentioned. The only benefit I experienced was a bald spot where I ripped off the fuzz on my lower back each day to change the patch. As near as I can tell it's effects are psycho-somatic (in your head) triggered by the darn patch poking you when ever you move. Don't waste your money. I have had much better luck with low carbing (look up the South Beach Diet or Atkins....). 30 lbs is quite a bit to lose in a short time, be careful not to set yourself up for disappointment- I've been there too!! The low carbing is a very effective way to take lbs off fast but it is very challenging to live on long term for most of us Americans. Good luck and get it movin'!
Old 12-06-2003, 02:43 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Great Reply

That was a wonderful response and I will carefully consider it. Please write me privately off boards to let me know exactly which of the "patches" you are referring to and I will let you know which one the lady was using. I was wondering if by any chance all of the weight loss patches are just the same or are they unique from one another.

Thanks again for the comment. I truly appreciate it!

"Tiff"