Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Weight Loss Trying to lose weight? You are not alone. Find a buddy or simply get support here.

Old 03-05-2002, 02:29 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

I'm New (your Introductions)

Welcome to the Weight Loss Forum.

Please take a moment to introduce yourself and tell us what your weight loass plans and goals are.

Thank you !
Old 03-05-2002, 02:30 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Originally posted by ajrsmom on 03-04-2002 02:04 PM
~~~~~~~~~~

Support & Cheering Section

Since weve all been offering each other support, I thought maybe Id start this post to take a "roll call" so that we can see who all dieting and exercising. This way we can talk to each other daily and post any ups and downs that we have.

So, what do you think ? Ill go first and post my "diet" and my goals. Cant wait to meet all of you !!

ajrsmom--Im not really following any diet, just basically over all healthy eating. I am watching the amt. of fat I eat daily.

My goal is to lose 90lbs ( might go for 100). So far Ive lost 29 lbs !!

Along with eating this way, I exercise and walk on my treadmill.

We can do this !!!!

Whos next ?????
Old 03-05-2002, 02:31 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Originally posted by Shawn on 03-04-2002 03:56 PM
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I am Somersizing (Suzanne Somers program).

I have been following it since July 2001 and have lost a tad over 40 pounds so far. I have 20 more to go.

I have lost inches and went down 4 pant sizes and fit into clothes that I have not been able to for many years (8 at least).

I used to do the treadmill but stopped for no reason. I have dusted it off and will begin it again.

I do get exercise as I clean the house. I get my squats in, I walk in place, etc.

Ok, Who's next?

Old 03-05-2002, 02:32 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Originally posted by Leigh33ca on 03-04-2002 07:16 PM

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Okay count me in too!

My names Leigh and I would like to loose about 35-40 pounds. I weighed in today at 156 lb (plus its getting close to that time of month). I would even settle to be at 130.

Setting my first goal at getting to 149 lb. Haven't seen that for 2 years and would like to get down again.

Exercising: well with the kids its hard, they are 4 and 3. So that's my exercise keeping up with them. Seriously, I try and get out for a walk and have been trying to do the Everday Workout with Cynthia on TV. Forgot today but will do it again tomorrow. But I count the house work and up and down the stairs everyday!

So who's next?
Old 03-15-2002, 12:42 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Moved these threads to the correct thread.

Originator of thrhread:
Jacquie
New Neighbor

Hi Everyone! Great to meet the new members...haven't been on for a while..had a bit of a health problem the past month, but it's nearly gone now, so YAY! Now I too can get back into exercising!

First of all, I've noticed that some ladies don't like to eat breakfast...I never did either, but finally forced myself to have at least 1 piece of toast & a small glass of juice or milk months ago. Now I find I HAVE to have breakfast, or I actually feel nauseated without it...& it definitely does cut down on those hunger pangs that will inevitably hit when least expected...or wanted! I don't munch on junkie stuff as much anymore either, which is a great plus for me, the Potato Chip Queen at one time!

I try hard not to eat after suppertime, which is usually done here about 6pm...if I do get munchies, 3 cups of airpopped popcorn is certainly alright indeed, as long as it's not loaded with a pound of butter! I also don't stay up very late, usually in bed at 10:30pm at the latest, & that really helps with the munchie problem for me.

I have free weights that I've started slowly with, & now that it's finally starting to warm up here, will be back into daily walks. I have a stationary bike, but find the seat too small for my ... ummm, rather large derriere!

But I'm also on the Fat & Fit board, & there are some wonderful leg exercises that were given there, which I shall now be back into, along with the crunches.

I gained about 100 lbs. due to antidepressants in the past 3 years...other severe side effects prevented me or drastically slowed me down in the exercise field. I've been off them now for about 4 months, & my body seems to finally be acting the way it should...I've managed to lose 10 lbs to date.

I watch my fat content very carefully & don't eat more than 50grams daily. I do my best to fill up more with veggies & fruit, & to watch my carbos....I LUV pasta & rice, so have to be very careful. I'm not that good yet with the drinking of the water, but have cut down my coffee comsumption greatly...instead, often substituting hot water with some lemon juice...tastes excellent, & helps me with my water intake.

My son is 12, & he really misses the "old" me, as I used to run around with him alot, playing in the back yard or school yard, biking, blading, etc....he is really looking forward to me getting back into shape for that. & I really want to, cause I don't know how many 12 year old boys would still want their mums to goof around with them like that! lol

I was reading over all the recent messages, & see I've really missed alot...for some reason, I wasn't getting any notice in my mail...

I noticed some sex talk going on too...same goes for me, I sure don't feel very sexy, so do not make moves at all..tho my hubby is great, & says the no sex really doesn't matter much to him, we used to have the best sex life, & I'd really luv to get that back...in time, I suppose, when I'm secure enough with this body...

Well, I think I'd best shush for now, before you are all fast asleep! I really look forward to getting to know all of you better...this is such a great group of women, it's unbelievable!

It's now 4:40pm & supper is on the go...homemade spaghetti sauce with pasta...yum!!

Hugs....Jacquie

03-11-2002 05:37 PM
Old 03-15-2002, 12:42 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Originator of thread:

momtoBnD
New Neighbor

hi jacquie
Just thought I would say hi and to let you know that I am also on the site now. My username is momtoBnD. Hope to hear from you soon. Keep up the great work.
April
Old 07-13-2002, 07:44 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

HI everyone.

For now Iam just counting calories (1400 to 1500 daily) and exercising, well trying to exercise, We take the boys to the park and let them play while Dh and I walk for 30 minutes but since it has been over 100 degrees the last week it has been too hot so I really need to find another form of exercise we can do that will also occupy our young kids.

I have lost about 40 lbs and would like to lose another 80.

Dh is doing this with me (1800 cal daily) he has lost 80 and wants to lose another 100. It is truly great doing this together I dont know how women have the willpower to diet when they have to cook 'normal' meals for the rest of the family..my heart goes out to you. But the problem is since he is a man he loses weight so much quicker and easier and it gets really depressing when I lose a pound and he calls from work to tell me he lost 7!!!

Do any of you diet/exercise with other members of your household?

gina.
Old 07-21-2002, 09:03 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Hi I'm Flora Beth. I've lost 50 pounds so far on the eDiets plan. I like using them for their support boards, menus, and shopping lists. I have another 40 to lose. I'm walking and doing some yoga. I have been recovering from surgery and cancer treatments, so I haven't been able to exercise as much as I should.
Drinking plenty of water has really helped me lose. I feel like I live in the bathroom some times.
Flora Beth
Old 07-22-2002, 07:34 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Flora beth--

How are the menus on the e-diets? I was thinking about doing it but Iam worried the meals will be too much work to prepare or just stuff I would not want to eat. do they give you any options?

gina.
Old 07-22-2002, 07:46 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Gina-Ediets is great. You have plenty of choices. You can cook or use frozen convience meals. You have the option of changing your meals which I do frequently since I have some picky eaters in my family. After 6 weeks on plan and weighing in, you can sign up to be a mentor-then your membership is free! I really like the site, and I have made many friends there on the support boards. The recipes are easy to follow and make. I have been with eDiets for over a year now and found success when I follow their eating plan. Good luck!
Flora Beth