Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Weight Loss Trying to lose weight? You are not alone. Find a buddy or simply get support here.

Old 02-02-2004, 12:00 PM

Somersizing sounds like a practical diet. We do 90% whole wheat ourselves even in our pasta and much smaller size portions. We also do sugar free as much as possible since not only do I have HBP I was diagnosed diabetic a little over a year ago, type II. I have everything under control but it's not easy especially when we're on the road, have to make sure to take healthy food choices with us so as not to succumb to hunger and McDonalds.

Anna
Old 08-29-2006, 03:43 PM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

I haven't started yet, but...

I had just about given up on eating right again because my dh refused to change his eating habits, despite his diabetes and blood pressure problems. Frankly, our income wouldn't let us essentially buy separate foods for two different diets, plus who wants to cook two menus for each meal? Not me!

Because dh has frequent chest pains, his doctor sent him to consult with a cardiologist yesterday, and apparently it was a bit of an eye-opener for him. The doctor flat out told him that no hospital in the Phoenix area could accommodate him for tests or surgery. He's simply too big for their equipment.

This morning, after he'd mulled it over last night, dh told me that he sees himself having two alternatives: 1) he eats right, loses weight, and lives longer and 2) he keeps on eating the way he always has and dies young. As much as he loves spuds & meat and hates veggies, he doesn't like option #2 very much.

So I went online to look for a diet plan. Because of his diabetes, he's been talked at (I won't say "to," because he wasn't listening!) by several hospital dietitians about changing his diet. He told me today that, to him, their talk of so many carbs, so much fat, etc. was all gobbledygook. He wants to know what he needs to eat to get x number of fat grams, etc. I take that as meaning he wants a diet that gives him menus to follow without having to compute the numbers himself.

I haven't been on FC in awhile, but I remembered that there's a good diet/healthy eating forum here (I don't have to remember that there are good people & friends here -- I never forget that! )

So, here I am! I'm off to read the posts here now, to see what's working for ya'll and look for something that might work for us. (The hardest thing I foresee for us -- besides getting dh to try "new" veggies -- is that neither of us is in any shape to do much exercise anymore.) I want this man around a long time (and myself, too, of course,) so wish me luck!

Last edited by roisindubh; 08-29-2006 at 03:50 PM.
Old 09-24-2006, 12:31 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Hello everyone..
New to the weight loss forum.. I need some serious motivation !

Earlier this year, I took the All You Challenge... (featured in the Feb issue & everything) but have not lost any weight

I am home all day with my boys and have a horrid sweet tooth, not always healthy eating habits, & need to get my butt exercising more.

I try to eat as healthy as possible when around my boys b/c I want them to have healthy habits as well...

I have the Walk away the pounds set & also just got Striptease w/ Carmen Electra.
It's so hot here where I live, it difficult to get outside and cannot afford the gym.

I started keeping track of food & exercise on selfdietclub.com... makes me accountable for what i eat & do...

I am currently 193lbs 5'6". I also have a difficult time running or jumping around b/c I have a 38DDD bust

I really need to lose 30lbs to be at the weight I was prior to my 1st born. All those infertility injections I had to do to get him helped tack on a couple extra pounds

anyway, hope I can do this & find some support here...