Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Weight Loss Trying to lose weight? You are not alone. Find a buddy or simply get support here.

Old 02-17-2003, 06:36 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

blushing Human Growth Hormone (HGH)

I would like to know is some out there have tried the new Human Growth Hormone (HGH). I have read about it and it sounds great if it works. I would like to see comments from those who have used it and not from those who sell it.[list]
Old 02-17-2003, 07:23 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Well I can't say I have used it YET...but my 6yodd is going to start on genotropin a HGH in a couple of weeks to speed up her growth, she is the height and weight of a 3yo.
She will be on a daily shot. Not looking forward to it.

I also have read that people use HGH for slowing the aging process. I'll be interested to see responses from folks too...

Good Luck
Old 02-17-2003, 07:27 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

I have read it helps with aging problems, diabetes, arthritis and other medical problems. I don't believe it will make me younger but would like to know if it does help give more energy and aches and paines of aging.
Old 03-16-2003, 10:23 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Addict

HGH

My husband and I have been taking HGH for about 3 yrs now. He is a construction worker and was feeling tired (he is 56 now almost 57) so he wanted to try it. The stuff we take is a homeopathic spray. I also was on hormone replacements and went off those and went to the homeopathic estrogen spray. We feel good. The company we get it from is called Transcend Marketing Intl. Inc. the web site is called DefyAgaing.com. If you want any more info let me know. Laurie
Old 03-16-2003, 12:26 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

My sister-in-law talked my husband and me into buying the HGH from her company. We took it for over six months and felt no appreciable difference. We then decided to take another form of it for awhile and it gave the same results and we discontinued in altogether. We are in are mid-50's. Interestingly enough, my sister-in-law is no longer selling that product.
Old 03-16-2003, 05:03 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

HGH

I've read so much about this stuff but can't find anywhere that says after you stop taking it that it'll still make you look younger. I wanted to do it to look and feel younger but then figured it's not worth the $80 a month. That's the cheapest I've found so far. If I found it cheaper I'd certainly think about trying it.
Old 03-16-2003, 07:27 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Lightbulb HGH

HI.
I HAD READ QUITE A BIT ABOUT IT AT VARING SITES.
I AM SORRY TO SAY- AND THIS IS MY CONCLUSION- THAT IS DOES NOT WORK. AND IS A WASTE OF MONEY. ( I HAVE NOT PERSONALLY TRIED IT- BUT WAS CONSIDERING AT ONE TIME).
HOPE THIS HELPS U OUT.
SINCERELY- SHEILA ANN ANDERSON
Old 03-17-2003, 07:11 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Thank you all for your comments. This is what I wanted to know.
I wanted to hear from people who had used it and what results they had. I have seen a lot about it on the internet and I agree that it is too expensive for my budget. I think this is another one of those things that is too good to be true. If it realy was as great as it is advertised they would not be able to make enough of it.

I am 57 years old and was not looking for something to make me Look younger but to help me feel better. I would like to have more energy and not feel tired so much of the time I work 10 plus hours 5 days a week and am so tired when I get home I don't feel up to doing what needs to be done there. I was also hoping to find something that would help with the aches & paines I am starting to get.
Old 03-17-2003, 09:47 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Lightbulb idea

have you considered trying a good multivitamin.
we use nature made-which runs about $8-10 for 130.
we also like barley grass powder for health and energy-which we purchase at vitamin world, it runs approx $8 for a huge can. also b-12 tablets supposidly help w/ energy levels- my friend swears by it. i would check with your dr first- or the pharmacist to be sure u dont take too much b-12 though or have any side effects w/ any meds you may be taking. better safe than sorry.
hope this helps.
sincerely- sheila ann anderson
Old 03-17-2003, 10:12 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Thanks Shelia,

I do take a multivitamin, B12 & B1. I will see if I can find the barley grass powder at a local health food store. In the winter I do not get much exercise because it is dark when I leave home and dark when I get home. I like to walk for exercise. I can't afford a health club membership. I also work in the yard and have a garden in the summer.
I have been taking Caral Calcium but cannot tell that it is helping with my energy or my aches and panes. I guess I am looking for a quick fix. I am 57 and can't do what I did when I was younger. I have always been very active and like to be outside and work outside. I guess I have to accept the fact that age does slow you down.