FamilyCorner.com Forums

FamilyCorner.com Forums (https://www.familycorner.com/forums/)
-   Weight Loss (https://www.familycorner.com/forums/weight-loss/)
-   -   what are your plans for weight loss this fall and winter? (https://www.familycorner.com/forums/weight-loss/27779-what-your-plans-weight-loss-fall-winter.html)

bluebird 07-27-2010 11:30 AM

what are your plans for weight loss this fall and winter?

My family is planning ahead to fall and winter ( boo hoo ) to what we can do to work out. The gym/wellness center center is no longer an option. New games for the Wii. The extension office offers free classes twice a week. I will be joining them!! I can do yoga at home plus I have the pilates reformer and a roman chair. What are your ideas for keeping fit this fall and winter?

Lislyn66 07-27-2010 12:22 PM

Working and being on my feet all day, lol!

danstigerangel 07-30-2010 08:54 AM

Hi girls. I think I need to jump in here. lol. I have gained over 20 pounds since last July. I know part of it is that I haven't had a cigarrette since the "incident". I also know I have to start walking more. I should be walking everyday. If you don't mind, I'd like to join you guys. I need the encouragement. lol

Well for the fall I plan on borrowing my mom's treadmill. Maybe if I set it up in front of the tv????

Well thanks for listening to me ramble.

Lislyn66 07-30-2010 09:58 AM

Laurie, it's so easy for it to pile on, isn't it? Your plan sounds good, make it like an appointment you have to keep. I have to do the same thing for my walking, now that the feet are starting to get used to me being on them.

Hugs,
Lisa

happymomof4 07-30-2010 11:02 AM

Sense the weather has been cooler in the morning. I am going to start walking before I get ready for work. In the fall I walk with a freind at lunch.

bluebird 07-30-2010 11:46 AM

A town thirty miles away has a indoor pool. Need to check on prices. I converted two more gals to water aerobics last night! I got a good workout teaching water aerobics then practicing watsu on three gals.

CalGalInFla 08-02-2010 06:32 AM

It's still going to be uber hot & humid here for months - fall means nothing. I will continue at the gym 4 days a week, swim in the evenings and on weekends, mow the lawn on Sundays and then once it does cool off a smidge, I might add a walk on my off-mornings.

Keep up all the hard work everyone. If anyone wants to do a contest to help motivate (if in fact it does...) you know where to find me.

J~

RobertaD 08-02-2010 06:46 AM

Connie, could you work out a deal with the indoor pool and offer your services one or two days a week? Make a day of it with a morning, afternoon and evening classes? You would be able to expend your customer base in that town and might draw people from your town to their pool.

Roberta

bluebird 08-02-2010 07:24 AM

Roberta I thought of that too. I will be checking in on it.