Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Weight Loss Trying to lose weight? You are not alone. Find a buddy or simply get support here.

Old 05-20-2008, 03:09 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

blah Blah BLAH and still blobby

blah, Blah, BLAH and still blobby! That is ME!
You have seen me here and ther on this thread a million times over the years.......

I have tried, unsuccesfully to do anything about my weight and current state of health. I try and I last about a week. I have no motivation at all to stick to anything, diet, exercise, or anything. (Notice my past jobs too, which last about 3 months)
I am quitting the mental health center where I just started and blah blah blah.........

So, the lady at WW tells me I need to find a FUN exercise if I am going to stick to it.
Is there such a thing?
What have you found that is fun?

WW points and me do not get along. I get very frustrated with all the counting. BUT, even if someone wrote them out for me I would stick to them for my limit of about a week. I very excitedly start something only to stopit becasue I can't do it. I'm hungry.

My doctor keeps adding more and more meds that I do not want to take.
Yesterday in the doctor, after a benedryl shot, to whatever in the world I am allergic to I came home and slept four hours. I went to the mental health center this morning where I slept another three.
My blood pressure was 170 yesterday. My cholesterol is way too high. I am having trouble breathing, etc.
The doc wants me to go to a cardiologist and , well, you get the picture............

I am a mess.
SO, my question.........WHAT keeps you motivated?

hugs, train

Old 05-22-2008, 03:51 PM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

For me it is the small stuff.For starters you have to be able to figure out what is triggering you to be hungry.Are you sad,depressed,bored ect.Aslo it is true finding an exercise that you enjoy doing.For me I love to ride a bike as I did it as a child,I love to swim as I swam alot as a child.Walking I do alot of with my doggie.But with walking you should try to do with a partner that way they can help you to go on the walks with you.
For me I try to reward myself when I am doing good or if I lose some weighht.You have to rember that the older we get the harder it is to lose the weight.Hope some of this helps you.Take care of yourself and just try for one day at a time.
Mish
Old 05-22-2008, 04:34 PM
Welcome Wagon Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Donna, for me, I have my own dreams and goals for my life. For me, it is the biggies that get me motivated. I have the ultimate goals and dreams. But, I have to dangle a carrot in front of myself to keep myself going. That means that have to give myself little treats at least weekly or more often, if possible. I reward myself for working towards or accomplishing my goals.

For example, DH and I plan on going somewhere extravagant in 2010, like Hawaii, when I graduate and after we celebrate 31 years of marriage. That is our reward for those accomplishments.

Each week, I reward myself for working hard in school by watching my racing and during the week and other treats.

Donna, the best thing you can do is not lose weight (or anything else, like getting a job) unless you have a true desire to do so. I have found it difficult, if not impossible, to achieve a goal for someoone else. When I desire to lose weight, I have noticed that I truly don't want to lose weight, but rather I need to lose weight. When I have to do something that isn't in my heart, I have to promise to give myself something if I reach that goal. For example, if I lose weight, I will take myself to a NASCAR race AND I will see Bobby. I plan on going back on a diet (I went off because I became ill and dieting and being ill don't mix) and I promise myself that if I do well in school and I stay on my diet and exercise, I WILL go to at least 1 NASCAR race and I will eat with Bobby and his family and other fans.

I hope that helps.

Bobby Labonte Official Page Facebook

FC Welcome Wagon : Need help? New to FC? Just ask me!
Old 05-23-2008, 05:22 AM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Debora,That is some very good advice and alot of it is true too.You really have to want to lose the weight.
Mish
Old 05-26-2008, 07:08 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Thanks to both of you for the good advice.
I just really have no motivation right now.
I will get there though and get back on the bandwagon.

hugs, train
Old 05-26-2008, 07:17 PM
Welcome Wagon Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Train, find whatever motivates you. If you aren't motivated by promises to youself of going to the movies, a candy bar, or something else, then try reading a motivational book. If you get a chance to go to the library, get one of Anthony Robbins' books. His first one is especially motivating.

Bobby Labonte Official Page Facebook

FC Welcome Wagon : Need help? New to FC? Just ask me!
Old 05-27-2008, 04:23 AM
Nine Year Member

Train, what about putting on a calendar three times a week "walk" for 15 min and put down the time you are going to do it. Increase your fruit and veggie consumption by one serving of each this week. Next week eat two more servings a day and walk three times a week for 20 min.

Baby steps will get your to your goal.

Roberta
Old 05-28-2008, 05:40 AM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Some very good ideas.Even if you aren't exercising you can start with changing the food in your diet too,.
Mish
Old 05-29-2008, 07:19 PM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

I bought an elyptical trainer a few years ago. I have a small t.v. and dvd player in front of it and rent my fave chick movies while I work out. I don't watch them unless I do the work out. It gives me something to look forward to and I get involved in the movie instead of focusing on exercising. Anyway, hth!
Take care!
Jamie.
Old 05-29-2008, 08:37 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Thanks for all the advice and encouragement everyone, I really do appreciate it.

Tomorrow I go for allergy and a breathing test, then after that the doc is going to help me with a eating plan that will be easier than counting WW points, (she says I will just have to count fat grams,.....)

I thought of two things I like to do that is fun, exercise wise, kickboxing and jazzercise.
Yesterday I bought a kickboxing tape and tomorrow morning I will do the tape.

....................blahblahblah...........