Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Weight Loss Trying to lose weight? You are not alone. Find a buddy or simply get support here.

Old 06-17-2008, 04:29 AM
Assistant Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Way to go, Donna!!! That is just awesome. Keep up the hard work. You are my inspiration!!!

~Mother Theresa

Old 06-17-2008, 01:24 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

As posted by DeBora:
Quote:
Has anything changed since your last appt with the doctor?

I assume you mean my regular doctor and not the allergy doctor?

Yes, I think she really made me realize I had to get my butt in gear and do something about my health.
In the past year my blood pressure, cholesterol and weight all shot way up while my metabolism went to the pot.
As well, with the depression, menopause and hives, that was not helping matters.
She said I better start doing something about my health now or I was going to be in trouble (headed for a heart attack) in a few years.

I am working harder on the treadmill and it is giving me the adrenalin rush that I have HEARD about but never experienced until this time exercising!
I won't say I LOVE the treadmill but I do make myself go 6 days a week now and know I will feel better afterwards.
I hope to be able to go to just 4 days a week once I lose the 30 pounds I need to.
Music also made a huge difference in my "liking" the treadmill!

Mark rehung my punching bag for me last night so I am going to kickbox________ tonight!!!!!

I was also very frustrated on the Weight Wathchers. It's a good program but it wasn't working for me personally.
Now I get enough to eat but it's all good foods!
My doc gave me a natural fat absorber to help lower my cholesterol naturally thru this pill and diet.
And she gave me a natural menopausal vitamin that has just about stopped the hot flashes,
Still working on the right combination of meds with the allergist for the weird hives.

Got a good councelor and I go to the mental health center once or twice a week.

Also, my hubby has convinced me to STAY on my happy pill. He likes me better now!
In the past when it has "worked" I quit because I didn't want them .

Combine those all together and they are all giving me the motivation I needed!

Well, speaking of counseling...........I have an appt at 3:00 then need to go do my treadmill!!!!!

hugs, me
Attached Images

Last edited by trainlady; 06-17-2008 at 01:29 PM.
Old 06-17-2008, 04:59 PM
Welcome Wagon Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Donna, I should have specified that I was referring to all the information about the hives and the med changes. I hope that doesn't affect all the good work that you've done!

Bobby Labonte Official Page Facebook

FC Welcome Wagon : Need help? New to FC? Just ask me!
Old 06-18-2008, 09:16 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Well then I just gave you WAY more info then you wanted! LOL!!!

The spray park is opening across the street at the park today! Mom, Dorothy and I are going over to be the first to get our tootsies wet!
Does that count as exercise??

LOL!!

hugs, train
Old 06-18-2008, 09:20 AM
Welcome Wagon Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

LOL Yeah, I'd count that as exercise. I just sent your email addy to my classmate. Her and her 17 yr old daughter are traveling from West Texas to NYC, to several other northern states, then down to NC. Part of that trip is by train. She is so cute as she is nervous and excited all at the same time. She is also going to see a Broadway show. I can't wait to hear the details. If she contacts you, I know that you will give her good train traveling pointers.

Old 06-18-2008, 12:35 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

I sure will, DeBora!

Well, I went to the new spary park and was officially the first adult to play in the water!!!
There was an official ribbon cutting and the news was there. I asked two of the city council ladies if they wanted to be the first ones with me but they were both fuddyduddys and said they didn't want to get their clothes wet!!!!!

A couple adullts asked me which ones were my kids and I told them I WAS the kid!!!!!!!!!

hugs, train
Old 06-18-2008, 01:15 PM
Nine Year Member

You Go Train Lady! It is fun to act like a kid and do something fun!

Being active is part of my get healthy goal. I have been trying to do something physically active each day on top of the regular house hold stuff.

Has any tried the "laser" weight loss treatment? I'd like to know if it works?
Old 06-18-2008, 01:33 PM
Welcome Wagon Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Donna, what was the reaction of the people when you told them that you were the kid? lol

Old 06-20-2008, 02:55 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Oh they just laughed but I think underneath their laughter they were jealous because I was the one having the fun!!!! LOL!!!

Bernice, I am not familiar with what laser weight loss is?

Yesterday I had the treadmill up to 4.3 on my running, it's the fastest I've ran! Now mind you, I don't run 15 minutes straight, I take
"walking breaks" but I have NEVER run before!!!!!

hugs, train
Old 06-23-2008, 03:42 PM
Nine Year Member

The laser weight loss is just like acupuncture. USing the pressure points to slim down, make you feel less hungry etc. I have been offered a free session, but the next 3 times cost $50 a piece.. Before I do something, I'd like to know if anyone else has done it. I haven't found very much on the internet, except for advertising it.