Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Weight Loss Trying to lose weight? You are not alone. Find a buddy or simply get support here.

Old 06-01-2008, 04:43 PM
Nine Year Member

Yay, Train! What is power oatmeal? I LOVE oatmeal. I eat it every morning, usually with a few golden raisins stirred in. So Mark got you a punching bag for your aggression? Really! Guess he was tired of explaining his bruises, huh? LOL You know I'm kidding. I agree that the doctor gave you good advice in planning a day ahead for your meals.

Well, after all the talk about yummy watermelon, I have to say if they are that expensive, I don't think I'll be eating many of them this year! We have been getting boysenberries from our plants, so we've enjoyed them. We have two pomegranate trees with fruit, but it won't be ripe for quite awhile. We have two black mission fig trees, ditto. I have digressed! Where were we? Oh yes, congratulating Train, who richly deserves it!
Old 06-01-2008, 05:59 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Addict

Train,

First just take it one meal at a time.
Always have a healthy breakfast, I like weight control oatmeal..in a packet..no measuring involved and this oatmeal has more fiber..I feel fuller, and it is great for high cholesterol too.

As for exercise..take a walk..start with 20mins, so head out your door..walk ten minutes, turn around and walk back home. Just walk, you don't have to power walk.

I always try to keep my fridge full of cleaned veggies and fruit..so it is ready for me.

Another trick, dont bring home any high fat foods.

Don't beat yourself up if you mess up one meal...just try better at the next.

Good luck to you!
Hugs, Janet
Old 06-02-2008, 04:30 AM
Assistant Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Donna, sounds like the last couple of days have gone really great. Isn't that a good feeling? You are motivating me!!! I have kept up with my walking but am still trying to work on my eating. I eat fairly healthy but think I eat too much. I am setting small goals - things like eating two pieces of fruit a day, drinking 2 glasses of water a day etc.) I love that Mark bought you a punching bag. What an awesome way to get out aggression while getting exercise at the same time. (I could really use one of those!) Keep up the good work!! Remember how good it feels when you have a "good" day and that can help carry you through the next day!

~Mother Theresa

Old 06-02-2008, 02:16 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Well, I hope it will last this time, but I am feeling good!!!! I exercised Thur, Fr and Sa and today, took Sunday off though we did take a short walk around the park.
I Can Do This!!!!!!!!!!!

Janet, I don't walk fast enough so thats why my doc suggested the treadmill. I am getting a much better workout doing that.

Donnie,
You hit it right on the head when you said not to beat myself up when I do bad! That is what I do EvErYtImE!!!!!!!! Then I just get mad and quit!!!!!

I am enjoying the treadmill more if I have music to listen to. And I LOVE the punching bag!!!!!!! I want one of THESE, too!!!!

Saturday I had 8 servings of fruits and vegies.
Sunday I had 12. Today I've had 5 so far.

Fat grams is a whole lot easier to count then the WW points were for me, plus i wasn't getting enough to eat.
I have fruit and popcorn for snacks.

Yesterday after chuirch I made whole wheat panckaes and put bananas and strawberries on top.
I call my oatmeal power oatmeal!!! I put a half a chopped apple, a couple T of raisins, 1/4 oz of chopped walnuts, 1 T honey and flax seed.

Well, here I am bragging on myself but it's only Monday! LOL!
Check back with me Wednesday!!!!!

hugs, train

Old 06-02-2008, 05:05 PM
Assistant Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Train the oatmeal sounds good. I may try it sans the flax seed and the walnuts. I could put in soynuts.

I wish you lived closer! My kids bought practice swords and they came today. They played so hard in the yard with the swords and hand to hand that they can hardly move right now. I played a little with the sword tonight. It is fun!

Mays Fitness magazine has some great workouts in it.

I have two hula hoops. Plus I found two more in the attic of the garage yesterday. No wonder I get upset at my dh when he 'cleans'.
Old 06-03-2008, 05:11 AM
Assistant Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Donna, way to go!!!!! You are doing a great job. I love your oatmeal recipe. Flax seed gets better absorbed by the body if it is crushed before eating, otherwise it passes through whole without all the benefits. I just learned that. (my dh grows flax in our garden) I am going to give your oatmeal recipe a try - I think my ds1 would like it too.

Connie, what are practice swords? they sound like fun.

I am still muddling along. It is very hard to stick to a diet when you have dks who eat bags of Doritos or pints of Ben & Jerry's in front of you!!! I am working on it, though.

~Mother Theresa

Old 06-03-2008, 08:48 AM
Nine Year Member

Oooh Train, I wanna come to your house for pancakes and oatmeal! They both sound absolutely scrumptious!
Old 06-16-2008, 07:36 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Well, I "re" started exercising and healthy eating on May 31! Going on three weeks now and that's a record for me!

I am still making my menu the night before and eating lots of vegies and fruits and 30 minutes on the treadmill 6 days a week (or,atleast that's what I HAVE done the past two weeks!!!!
And I have my power oatmeal two or three times a week!

hugs, train who is 5 pounds lighter and her haircut from hell is growing out!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-16-2008, 08:01 PM
Nine Year Member

Congrats Train!
Way to go on the STICKING to it.
Old 06-17-2008, 04:09 AM
Welcome Wagon Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Donna, has anything changed since your appointment with the doctor? I hope you keep up the good work!!! I am so PROUD of you!!!!

Bobby Labonte Official Page Facebook

FC Welcome Wagon : Need help? New to FC? Just ask me!