Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Weight Loss Trying to lose weight? You are not alone. Find a buddy or simply get support here.

Old 05-31-2008, 01:29 PM
Nine Year Member

My DH is really good at picking ripe watermelons. He worked for a produce guy in NY when he was a kid, and learned a few tricks. He slaps them, and picks the one with the deepest sound. Doesn't always work, but he's usually right. Anybody here like yellow meated watermelons? They are my favorite. My MIL once got one, and when she cut it, she thought it was no good. She had never seen one before!
Old 05-31-2008, 01:52 PM
Welcome Wagon Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Try scratching the navel/stem of the watermelon. It should smell like a ripe watermelon, if it is ripe.

Bobby Labonte Official Page Facebook

FC Welcome Wagon : Need help? New to FC? Just ask me!
Old 05-31-2008, 02:25 PM
Nine Year Member

Very small round watermelons were $4.99 at the grocery today!

Roberta
Old 05-31-2008, 04:15 PM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

donnie yes they have goin up they are selling small seedless ones here for 7$ way to high and i cant pick a good one either

Old 05-31-2008, 05:56 PM
Welcome Wagon Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

I had to get watermelon today and it's all ya'lls fault! LOL

Bobby Labonte Official Page Facebook

FC Welcome Wagon : Need help? New to FC? Just ask me!
Old 05-31-2008, 06:54 PM
Three Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

Pinkie Winky Hi Laura

I will have to remember that.
I like other melons too and I guess cantelopes are easy on calories. Boy do I need that, lol. Donnie
Old 05-31-2008, 08:49 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Howd you all know I was eating watermelon today?? LOL!!!! Plus I had an apple and boysenberries!

We went to the Farmers Market this morning. I did good today, ate lots of fruit and counted my fat grams, exercised 30 minutes and Mark bought me a punching bag to take out my aggression. (good exercise, too) He hung it from the tree in the backyard. I had been wanting one for a long time!

The doc told me to make my menu every night for the next day so I don't get so frustrated counting the fat grams.

So, the last two days were good!! I even had power oatmeal for breakfast!!!!!!!!!
Right now I am snacking on popcorn.

hugs, train
Old 05-31-2008, 10:25 PM
Three Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

Train

Hi Train
Hey, you are doing really well watching what you eat. Thats the way to do it and you will get there. One thing I have learned is not to beat yourself up if you slide a day or two and even gain a few pounds back. Pick up the pieces and go again. Sounds like the exersizing is going well. I might try to make my menu out the night before, I can see where that would help. Another thing I have noticed is that if I eat three meals a day I don't get so hungry. I like to snack on popcorn too. I have been getting those 100 calorie bags. Donnie
Old 06-01-2008, 04:35 AM
Nine Year Member

I know I do much better when I have planned several dinners and I need to get back to doing that. Generally lunch is leftovers from dinner.

Roberta
Old 06-01-2008, 05:47 AM
Three Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

chuckle Roberta

Hi there
We do that too sometimes. Like lastnight we had chicken. I told him not to get into it later and we would have it for lunch today. I think that works out good, you have a nice lunch that you didn't have to put alot of effort into and you didn't eat it all up at dinner the night before, lol
Donnie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertaD
I know I do much better when I have planned several dinners and I need to get back to doing that. Generally lunch is leftovers from dinner.

Roberta