Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Weight Loss Trying to lose weight? You are not alone. Find a buddy or simply get support here.

Old 06-23-2010, 04:04 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

I hope that in a year from now I am not still writing on this thread that I am so out of shape. I do not know why, but I have so much trouble with motivation and I just plain like to eat and I love to sleep.

Thats gotta change. All of it. Next week, here I go again..............
blahblahblahblahblah!!!!

My plan:
Joy's Life Diet by Joy Bauer (nutritionist for the Today Show)
walking
jumproping and
boxing.

(One week because I already had plans to go visit my brother for 4 days, leaving tomorrow) and that will give me time to get myslef motivated yet again.

I thought I might not be frumpy anymore at 50 but now I will have to make it 51.

hugs, frumpy outa shape train
Old 06-24-2010, 05:22 AM
Assistant Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Donna I have 6 months until I turn 50 and I swore I would not still look like this by my birthday but so far not a whole lot has changed. I am concentrating on eating healthier and am trying to walk more. I want to lift hand weights (maybe to get rid of my "bat wings") and I really need to work on my mid-section. Hmmm, I think after 40 it becomes much harder to lose weight, especially if genetics are a factor which in my case they are. It isn't an excuse for me not to lose weight, it just seems to me that it does make it a bit harder. Hang in there and know you are not alone in the struggle.

~Mother Theresa

Old 01-12-2012, 11:18 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

I have learned in the past few years that I can no more stick to a diet then I can turn water to wine!!!!!

I always start with good intentions, maybe lose ten pounds but I never stick with it. Ever.

So, my intention for this year is to make one healthy choice a week. It might be to drink more water. It might be to limit my sweets to one treat a day. it might be to walk every day....

This week my intention is to eat more fruits and vegetables. Believe me, if I even ate an apple and an orange tomorrow, THAT would be better than how I have been doing!!

ONE healthy choice a week. Would anyone else like to join me? Just simply post what YOUR healthy choice for the week is and we can motivate one another.

hugs, train
Old 01-13-2012, 01:58 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Maniac

Good going Donna. My goal this week is to eat more fish and drink more water-walk when I can
Old 01-13-2012, 05:14 AM
Assistant Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Donna, that sounds like a great plan. I think I will follow your lead but it will be hard since I baked brownies last night. I really do need to get back to eating healthier again and especially exercising more.

~Mother Theresa

Old 01-13-2012, 10:36 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Thanks for joining me girls!

I had to go grocery shopping today if I am going to do good on fruits and vegies. What we had in the house was a little bit of fruits and some canned vegies, not enough to get me motivated, really....
Now I have lots of frsh fruits and vegies so will be doing my BEST!!!

Todays I had some creamed peas and a big green salad with greens, avacado, mandarins and feta cheese.
Thats a start!!!

hugs, train
Old 01-14-2012, 11:21 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Maniac

It is too cold out for me to walk so just did 10 laps in kitchen over to DR and out that door into hall and back in kitchen. LOL was reheating some coffee so did that while it was heating and then kept doing till
legs told me stop.
Think we will have baked fish tonite not sure what else maybe green beans and apple sauce.
Keep going Donna you will do it with us back you and praying for you
Old 01-14-2012, 07:29 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Thats the way to get creative when its too cold to go outside and walk! Good job, Patti!!!
What kind of fish did you have? I buy salmon at TJs. If we could afford it, I would like shrimp, scallops and halibut but those are so expensive. Now some fried catfish sounds good. I havn't made that in eons.

Today I had carrots, red potatoes and an orange. Not much but we were at the bowling alley most the day for our Relay fundriaser.
I didnt eat anything there, which is unusual for me but we were having so much fun!!
When we got home I made a pot of beef stew. It was pretty gross actually!
I am a good cook but I have never been good at stew. I sure wish I knew what the secret was?
I still had a big bowl though and then an orange and a big glass of water.

hugs, train
Old 01-14-2012, 08:27 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Maniac

Had Whiting it was good. Had Talapia the other day marinated in some kind of Orange sauce it was really good. Bought Shrimp Coctail first time in ages but just had a yen for Shrimp. It was a small circle of Shrimp but was enough for Judy and I.
LOL just did a couple more laps since I went to kitchen to get Panda a treat so figured would walk
a little bit. Still tired from yesterday and being at hosp for Gina's surgery. So good nite and God bless all
Old 01-15-2012, 08:12 AM
Assistant Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

My healthy choice for the week..... drink more water and be kind to myself.