FamilyCorner.com Forums

FamilyCorner.com Forums (https://www.familycorner.com/forums/)
-   Weight Loss (https://www.familycorner.com/forums/weight-loss/)
-   -   Need to make some changes (https://www.familycorner.com/forums/weight-loss/22012-need-make-some-changes.html)

Mish 03-05-2008 04:50 AM

Still having a smoothie instead of the candy is better for you.Way to go.Last night I did work out now I just need to cut back on the bad eating habits I have.

Mish :)

Sammi1961 03-05-2008 04:54 AM

Connie, I drink smoothies all the time - sometimes I make my own, sometimes I buy pre made. I figure they have got to be healthier than candy bars. A lot of times I drink the yoplait yogurt smoothies for breakfast - my favorite is vanilla.

kathymac 03-05-2008 05:44 AM

Connie, a smoothie was an excellent choice for a mid-afternoon pick-me-up!

I got off track yesterday. I didn't do too much damage, but I had to use 6 of my splurge points. Today, I'm definitely going to get back on track. Tomorrow is weigh-in day!

Kathy

bluebird 03-05-2008 06:04 AM

I weighed myself. No impressed at all! I have gained some weight. I know it has been the potato chips I have been buying for us on the weekends. That stopped last weeked. I am trying not to eat 'white' during the week. I did have a hamburger bun yesterday but no shake! Last night I tried a new recipe for Italian omlett. Yummy! It is a keeper. Everyone liked it.

bluebird 03-06-2008 06:54 AM

I have discovered something else about using menus. I don't think about food as much. Needing to make everything from scratch, my mind was focusing on food. Now I know tonight is spag and I need to make sauce and meatballs. Wow. Maybe this is where my energy is coming from?

kathymac 03-06-2008 10:59 AM

Connie, I agree - having a menu made up for the week does make life much easier in many different ways. Now, I take whatever I need out of the freezer before I go to bed at night. Next night it's thawed for dinner and you're right, I didn't give it a thought all day!

I weighed myself this morning. I lost another pound. I have lost a total of 8 pounds in 2 weeks. DH has lost 7. He was a little bummed, but his WW group leader told him that he was right on track. You should lose between 0.5 and 2 pounds per week. The slower you lose it, the more likely you are to keep it off. I certainly hope so!

Kathy

bluebird 03-06-2008 11:52 AM

Yeah for you Kathy!

Also losing weight slowly helps our skin to shrink at the same time.

bluebird 03-10-2008 06:00 AM

I have lost two pounds! Plus the kids baked cookies and I had part of one cookie. I didn 't want the rest of it.

kathymac 03-10-2008 08:02 AM

Connie, that's awesome! It sounds like you are off to a great start. Sweets are definitely my weakness. I'm not sure I'd be able to stop at 1/2 a cookie!

Kathy

barbszy 03-10-2008 09:06 AM

:clapp: Great job, Connie!

I got a book at the library, Small Changes Big Results. It has 3 changes for you to do each week. I'm going to try to follow that. The first week, you have to start a food journal. I can see that this will work for me, because I don't want to have to write down some bad stuff :lol: Even if no one sees it but me, having it in writing is worse.