FamilyCorner.com Forums

FamilyCorner.com Forums (https://www.familycorner.com/forums/)
-   Weight Loss (https://www.familycorner.com/forums/weight-loss/)
-   -   Need to make some changes (https://www.familycorner.com/forums/weight-loss/22012-need-make-some-changes.html)

Mish 01-21-2008 05:43 AM

Bluebird,
You will be ok.Last night i got my bike.But i am trying really hard to not eat at nightime.That is my big downfall.We are all here for you.
Hugs,
Mish :)

bluebird 01-21-2008 06:25 AM

I have gained weight!!! Oh no. I am hoping I have changed some fat into muscle or something. My clothes are fitting better. I think my tummy looks better too. Oh well. This week will be better, less drama!

Mish 01-21-2008 02:33 PM

Bluebird,Stress can make us do crazy things.This is why i am going to go and workout tonight and try to make sure i don't eat when i come home at nightime.You can do it.

Mish :brrrrrrrr

graceygrammy 01-27-2008 04:06 AM

sparkpeople.com is a great site to keep track of your exercises and meals and it's free. I have found it really helps. There are also healthy recipes there.

Sammi1961 01-27-2008 05:02 AM

Connie, muscle weighs more than fat so if your clothes are fitting better I would say you gained muscle! You have gotten me motivated to start getting back into shape. My 47th birthday is tomorrow so I am rer-joining weight watchers online and am going to start walking every day again. (I sort of stopped doing everything when my mom passed away) I need to lose about 40 pounds but my goal is to lose 20 by June for my brother's wedding.

Mish 01-27-2008 09:38 AM

I have stopped eating at nightime and it seems to be helping me out.I am still watching my portion sizes and trying to excersie when i can.Today i was on the scale and it said that i lost 3 pounds.Wohoooooooooooo

goldeagle1 01-27-2008 11:37 AM

Mish -- You deserve that wooooo hoooo!! Way to go!

Mish 01-27-2008 03:19 PM

Thank so much goldeagle it is a big struggle and i have really been wanting to eat a snack at nighttime but i aslo know it is a big no no and it will just turned into fat on me.

Sammi1961 01-28-2008 05:06 AM

Congratulations on the weightloss, Mish!! Keep up the good work!

Yesterday I joined Weight Watcher's online. Even though there are no meetings to attend etc. it does have you keep track of everything you eat which will help me. I am hoping to lost 20 pounds before my brother's wedding in June. I have started walking again too.

kathymac 01-28-2008 05:24 AM

I am committed to getting healthier after a bit of a scare this past weekend. I am beginning to go through "the change". I had several episodes of "flooding" over the weekend. This is when you start bleeding very heavily and pass very large blood clots. When I started researching menopause symptoms, I realized that a lot of my health problems lately are really part of the change. I am determined to start eating healthier and definitely going to start exercising again. I need to lose about 50 pounds! I'm not as much as concerned about the weight as I am in being healthy. I figure if I work on getting healthy, the weight will come off as well. I just don't want to focus so much on losing weight because then I get discouraged. I'm going to measure progress on how much better I feel.

Goals for this week:

Wean myself off of all caffeine (again!)
Walk for 30 minutes every day
Drink at least 16 ounces of water every day
Drink one glass of soy milk every day

Next week, I will add more goals. Wish me luck!

Kathy