Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Weight Loss Trying to lose weight? You are not alone. Find a buddy or simply get support here.

Old 03-25-2008, 06:43 PM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Ok THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH for ALL the support! I REALLY APPRICIATE IT ALL!
I LOVE YOU LADIES SO MUCH!!

I have started to exercise and walk on the treadmill!!

So Im hoping that ive lost some!! cant really tell right now (period time) ugh

But im hoping to try and find some meal plans and try to figure out that stuff I NEED HELP!! lol
Old 03-25-2008, 09:22 PM
Assistant Moderator

Ahhh now I didn't say that I like it LOL just that is has merrit in the protein count, me personally can't drink milk straight unless it's ice cold and has a flavour of some kind in it. Now the kids can drink it plain and always have, how does it go "Do as I say not do as I do" LOL
I'm having my milk in a choc protein shake, I make 1 up and have half for morning tea and half for arvo tea.

Old 03-26-2008, 07:54 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Connie, do you like soy milk? I've been drinking 2 glasses of soy milk every day with meals. Kathy's right. It does help you feel fuller. It also gives you some extra protein, calcium and vitamins. I get 8th Continent Light. I think it's pretty good.

Sue, thanks for your faith in me! I actually didn't do so well yesterday. But, I didn't do as badly as I had the two previous days - lol! I am definitely back on track today, though. I had a bowl of oatmeal and some grapes for breakfast. I'm definitely taking Cocoa for a long walk today as well.

Hummingbird, good job on starting to exercise. I know it's hard, but try not to concentrate too much on weight loss at first. Just being able to stick to an exercise program is a great first step. Way to go!

Ladies, I hope you all have a wonderful day today.

Kathy
Old 03-26-2008, 08:10 AM
Three Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

good luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathymac
Connie, do you like soy milk? I've been drinking 2 glasses of soy milk every day with meals. Kathy's right. It does help you feel fuller. It also gives you some extra protein, calcium and vitamins. I get 8th Continent Light. I think it's pretty good.

Sue, thanks for your faith in me! I actually didn't do so well yesterday. But, I didn't do as badly as I had the two previous days - lol! I am definitely back on track today, though. I had a bowl of oatmeal and some grapes for breakfast. I'm definitely taking Cocoa for a long walk today as well.

Hummingbird, good job on starting to exercise. I know it's hard, but try not to concentrate too much on weight loss at first. Just being able to stick to an exercise program is a great first step. Way to go!

Ladies, I hope you all have a wonderful day today.

Kathy
Hey Kathy... Besides soy milk, what else are you drinking? I have cut down on my soda intake. Sometimes I get bored with just my usual water for the day so I have decided to spice it up a little. {Edited by Asst. Administrator. Post of this nature are considered spam on FC. Further posting of this nature will result in being banned from this website. If you have any questions, please contact ajrsmom. Thanks.}
Old 03-26-2008, 08:12 AM
Assistant Moderator

Yes, I buy the soy milk. I have never tried it plain. I will do that today!

I walked downtown yesterday. That was my workout for the day. Not much but I don't want to over do it.

I too have been focusing on wieght loss or the wieght I haven't lost. I wanted to have lost ten to fifteen pounds by now. Oh well.

I will be walking Gizmo more too. Right now it is all she can do to walk downtown and back home. Sometimes I have to carry her home. LOL She is getting better and stronger every day.
Old 03-26-2008, 01:03 PM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Billy,Thanks for the inforamtion on the milk I had no idea about it helping you not to nibble and I could use all the help I can get.I have been going for walks with the dog when it is warm enough outside.Seems to be a big help for me.

Mish
Old 03-26-2008, 02:40 PM
Assistant Moderator

For us winter will be here in a month or so, so I plan to make my coffees with warm/hot milk to give me the full feeling.
The other option is to have cheese on crackers or 1 slice of toast made with a slice of good thick low fat cheese, not so bad if you don't like milk then, or cottage cheese or cream cheese (low fat on both) I love wholemeal/wholewheat(?) crackers with philly cheese and sliced tomato with a crack of pepper for a snack.

Looking at labels, those low in fat often make it up in sugar so just check it's not toooo much sugar. If you can find something that is low in fat, sugar and calories hang on to it as that's a truly good thing LOL

Also watch the serving size remember that in a packet of large chips that there is usually 6 servings ... or more, 1 serving is fine occassionally but don't eat the whole packet, divide by serving size and pop the rest away.

It's all stuff we know really but I guess it's the prompting to remember every now and again. I know I used to look at this stuff when the kids were babies and toddlers, but I've gotten lax about it over the years.

Old 03-26-2008, 04:17 PM
Three Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammi1961
I am slowly but surely getting my eating back under control though still have a ways to go again with portion control. 3 days goofing off and already it is hard to get back on track. I am exercising again, though, and have been taking the dog for 30 minute walks every night. The warmer it gets and the nicer out, the more I will walk and the longer. I wish spring would just hurry up and get here. I am tired of walking in the cold!
Sammi- I know how you feel! Taking baby steps is the best way to go! {Edited by Asst. Administrator. Post of this nature are considered spam on FC. Further posting of this nature will result in being banned from this website. If you have any questions, please contact ajrsmom. Thanks.}
Old 03-26-2008, 04:51 PM
Assistant Moderator

I like soy milk in smoothies. Soy milk has 6 grams of protien, cows milk has 8 gram of protien. I will be drinking more soymilk.

Does anyone here low carb?
Old 03-27-2008, 06:36 AM
Assistant Moderator

Fun4thefam, I am going to have to try the new Snapple antioxidant water. I have been drinking sparkling water in place of soda but would love something with more flavor as well.

I have started walking again and as it is a tiny bit warmer here, I am walking longer. Snow predicted again tonight though. Yuck. I know it will all be gone soon.

[CENTER]~Mother Theresa