FamilyCorner.com Forums

FamilyCorner.com Forums (https://www.familycorner.com/forums/)
-   Weight Loss (https://www.familycorner.com/forums/weight-loss/)
-   -   Need to make some changes (https://www.familycorner.com/forums/weight-loss/22012-need-make-some-changes.html)

Mish 03-20-2008 02:25 PM

Billy,Man oh man I had the munchies in the middle of the night and boy did that extra food taste good too.LoL!!I have been trying to watch what i eat.I need to eat more veggies and cut back on the carbs.I know I can do it.We eat alot more chicken here so that is a good thing too.

Mish :)

kathymac 03-20-2008 04:57 PM

Mish, I think it is so hard to cut back on carbs when the weather is so cold and nasty like it has been this winter. All I want to eat is comfort food!

Today was weigh-in day. I have finally made it past the 10-pound mark! And what is my reward for this feat? I get one less daily point allowance. Now I can only have 22 points instead of 23. Oh, well, at least I have finally found something that works well for me.

I'm really proud of myself, too. I have had the Easter chocolate in the house for about a week now and I have not even given it a thought. Usually, by this time, I have to go out and get more because I've gotten into it too many times!

Kathy

Bilby 03-20-2008 11:17 PM

I have been eating what is recommended in the diet that was given by curves for the food program, I think I've eaten a weeks worth of food for me in 3 days, I thought this morning I would explode!
On wed I wrote down what I'd eaten mixing and matching from the menu and I did the same for thursday and on thursday night I sat down and did the kilojoulle add ups (calorie intake) and then it dawned on me WOW I'm only supposed for my 61kg 160cm frame to eat 4,500 kj/1070 calories and the menu suggests 6500-7000kj (1550-1666 calories) way over more that is supposedly good for me ...... so as it's a long weekend and I can't ask questions till tuesday, I think I will be a blimp and my nickname will be Goodyear by I weigh in LOL
Q1 .. what happens if physically I can't eat all the food they want me to eat without puking
Q2 .. what gives with everyone of all shapes and sizes having the same kj/calorie intake when we really shouldn't.
I'm annoyed that I don't get to ask the questions till weigh in time .... but we will see where tuesday take me ... until then can I fit in a few easter eggs LOL, you betcha!!!!

Can't say I've ever woken up in the middle of the night cause I was hungry, but I hate when dh and kids get chips out at 8pm as I know I really really shouldn't but can't help myself, this is when I get a small bowl put a few in and am allowed NO more!! LOL

Sammi1961 03-21-2008 05:09 PM

Kathy, I can understand the being impatient in not being able to allow questions. Your plan makes me wonder how they can expect you to eat so much food yet lose weight. You will have to let me know what they say when you get the chance to ask cause that makes no sense to me at all. Do you like the workouts there? I have considered joining curves but don't know that much about it.

I have blown it for the 3rd week in a row and really need to get my act together. Honestly, I just sort of gave up but I still want to lose weight before my brother's wedding in June. If this darn weather would warm up it would make my life so much easier because I would not dread walking so much. I love to walk when it is nice out but this cold weather is a killer. I really just need to buckle down and stop eating so much and exercise more.

Candy 03-21-2008 06:50 PM

Hi all, Boy some people can just eat and eat and not gain weight,Then there are those of us who know we are eating way to much but can't seem to stop and then there are the ones that seem to gain just by looking at food.LOL My bil is thin and eat 4 full meals a day plus snacks and ets very little exercise.Sits in front of the computer most of the time. Getting older too. It is not fair those darn metabolisms.Wish I was a queen of long ago ...when the heavier you were the more they looked up to you and your wealth.LOL After all if we could eat well enough to be overweight we must be weathy...I wish.LOL
I know what I have to do and have done it before BUT I am not doing it!!! I am not giving up though, one of these days it will all come together.
I did find this neat web site called
sparkpeople.com
It is free and has recipes,menus and message boards and lots of other stuff. A lot like weight watchers but it does work better and did I mention it is free?LOL

Bilby 03-21-2008 08:13 PM

Candy just because your bil is thin and eats lots and not put on weight does not mean he can't be a diabetic, or have high cholesterol or ??
ds1 is very tall and thin and not put on weight in 3years but has gotten a foot taller, he thinks it's funny I watch the food but I keep telling him that does not mean in future he won't have health problems just because you're skinny does not mean you are healthy either, you never know these things.
After not eating much yesterday I feel better, and not so full, and about being back on the food but I'm not sure what to do about the calories. I'm not susre if I should cut the calories or just stick with until tues?

Sammi
Personally I love doing the work out, I find it easyish and you know 40 mins from walking in the door that you will be walking out again, it also helps that it is only a 5 min drive away for me, I do it first up in the morning that is allowable to me (usually 5.30 to 9am) as then I find that I try to make excuses not to go as the day goes on.
There are a lot of other activies they organise but I don't go in with as I'm not really there for that but it's up to your local curves what they do as extras.

kathymac 03-22-2008 06:27 AM

Sammi, it really is difficult to stay motivated. I am lucky that my DH is doing WW with me. Also, the weather has gotten a lot better so I find that I do walk more and am more active. Do you have a neighbor or friend who could walk with you? Maybe you could keep each other motivated.

Kathy, you are so right. Just because you're skinny doesn't mean you're healthy. My SIL is very thin and eats nothing but junk food. But she still has high blood pressure and has had kidney stones and other health problems. It is also possible to be heavier and be healthy. There are several girls on DD2's cheer team who are heavy in spite of the fact that they get a good workout at least three days a week. In addition to their competition routine, DD2's team runs laps and does a whole exercise routine at every practice.

Candy, thanks for the info on the FREE website. I will definitely check it out!

I wish you all luck in meeting your goals!

Kathy

bluebird 03-22-2008 08:10 AM

I have not been doing great either. I have stayed out of the Easter candy. I need to make menus for next week. That helps me so much. I want to try some Atkins meals. My dd could stand to lose some weight. Ds could use some extra protein and veggies to put on weight. Besides if I plan meals and not say diet or Atkins, no one will know.

I also checked out Deciptively Delicious by Jessica Seinfeld. Basicly you add steamed pureed veggies to everything. There are some recipes I do want to try. I will need to adjust some recipes. Dd can not have any foods from the melon/banana family.

barbszy 03-22-2008 11:37 AM

Bluebird, I looked at that book but the premise made me mad. I don't like to hide stuff from my family to sneak vegetables into their food. I don't think that ultimately teaches good eating habits.

bluebird 03-22-2008 11:44 AM

I agree Barb. My kids are older and do a fair share of the cooking. They know I have the book. There will be no lying. I think that is what the book does, having mothers lie to thier children to get them to eat a healthy diet. What is wrong with teaching kids that carrots are sweet an yummy? Is a 1/2 cup of prureed califlower in mac and cheese really going to help the veggie quota for the day?