FamilyCorner.com Forums

FamilyCorner.com Forums (https://www.familycorner.com/forums/)
-   Weight Loss (https://www.familycorner.com/forums/weight-loss/)
-   -   Need to make some changes (https://www.familycorner.com/forums/weight-loss/22012-need-make-some-changes.html)

Candy 03-12-2008 07:56 AM

Sammi, I said that wrong. I was in it for three months.I loset 150 lbs using the system with no support before. Gained 50 lbs back after this darn wreack and thought the online would give me the boost I needed. This time I thought the boards and the online tracking would be better.Every time I went there it took like 5 minutes to load a different page.My pages change in less than a minute at this website. I was spending too much time there. I did like it if I could get around faster. The recipe search was nice thought. I saved recips I got by the pt. value. When I typed in my info on the tracker and hit the save button it would take so long that I would end up lossing the info. Something was wrong but I don't know want! I liked the boards and the interaction with others.

bluebird 03-12-2008 09:18 AM

Candy, I haven't heard of that diet. Can you post some more information on it or some webdites?

We keep Stevia flavors on hand. Mix them with fizzy water and a no cal soda. My kids swear by the Vanilla Cream for upset tummies. It is pricey but rememer you only need about 16 drops of Stevia per large glass.

Candy 03-12-2008 10:09 AM

Connie ,I hav'nt really got into it yet but here is one website that will explain it a little.
http://www.gidiet.com
http://www.weightlossresources.co.uk/diet/gi_diet.htm

Candy 03-12-2008 10:20 AM

her is another one: I googled it.
anagement.com/ld_glycemic_index.aspx?src=G003054AC04&kw=glycemic%20index%20diet&gclid=COGmuJ-XiJICFQNKxwod_FgBEg

Mish 03-13-2008 04:23 AM

Well yesterday I did end up taking the dog for a 45 mintue walk.I am going to try and take her on more walks and see if that can help me out.I think will the weather getting warmer here I will be outisde more.,Now if I could get my eating habits to be better I would be soo happy.

Mish :)

Sammi1961 03-13-2008 05:53 AM

I am slowly but surely getting my eating back under control though still have a ways to go again with portion control. 3 days goofing off and already it is hard to get back on track. I am exercising again, though, and have been taking the dog for 30 minute walks every night. The warmer it gets and the nicer out, the more I will walk and the longer. I wish spring would just hurry up and get here. I am tired of walking in the cold!

kathymac 03-13-2008 02:03 PM

Well, I went completely off-track yesterday. DH wasn't home for dinner, so DD's and I got Chinese food. It was so good that I just pigged out!

I weighed myself this morning, and so far, I have a lost a total of 9.5 pounds in the past 3 weeks. That is great, but I was hoping to get past the 10 pound point this week.

I have been a little more active this week. I think the warmer weather is helping to motivate me more.

Kathy

goldeagle1 03-13-2008 02:11 PM

I've also been trying to lose a few pounds (actually, I'd love to lose these last 10 pounds!). I still run a 5K about 5 times a week, but I need to keep better control over my eating habits. My downfall is that my dh comes home from work and eating is clearly a stress-reducer for him (not healthy at all). Since he is snacking in the evening, I tend to join him. I just have to quit that habit and try to encourage him as well.
:lep:

Mish 03-13-2008 03:16 PM

That has been my story for many years trying to lose the last few pounds from when I had kids.I did go for a pretty long walk with the dog today.It was for almost an hour.Tonight I am going the ymca.So I might try and swim or workout in the fitness room.I need to try and work on toning my body up too,.Been trying to eat better too.

Mish :)

hummingbird_0331 03-16-2008 03:12 PM

Well i dot know whats up with me but lately I feel as if im goin insane! i am so emotional and just down and feel stressed adn out of control with life!

This is makin me nuts
Ive never tried as hard in my life ad I have now and its not helping me anyways!

I limit my portions, i eat more meat when i do go for seconds. I havent been eating nearly as much candy or sweets, and IF I do I limit the sizes. Now some candy I d eat more of- licorice and the so called fat free stuff. My downfall is still sweets thou. Just not nearly as much!'

I also have been only drinking crystal light and still yert one serving (glass or can) or pop a day. I dont drink coffee, drink alcohol or smoke so I allow myself a pop a day! But I havent been drinking regular water 0its always crystal light. IS THAT BAD???

However, I am still torn by the diet or no doet thing. Ive went to Caffiene free now too. not just regular diet anymore.

Ive been tryin to "snack" heathier too
Like sunchips and not potaoe chips.
I eat rice cakes and I have been eating light or lowfat yogurt. Which I still dont knwo whats better either..lol

I only eat wheat bread and have lowered pretty much everything to low fat. light or fat free (mayo- pbutter, salad dressing, butter...)

I DONT eat breakfast. it makes me sick! I know I NEED to figure out a way to eat it but I just cant do it!

I have been told to NOT take everything away from myself. Allow myself stuff i want just portioned out . to not deprive myself from something I want once a week-like a candy bar ro bowl of ice cream. it just has to be a serving (reading on the back of the items) which is mostly 8oz-1 cup.

I NEED a plan. I need a layout type of thing to see what and where i need to be at and doin.

I CANT motivate myself and I find myself cryng adn so upset I want to curl up in the corner and be left alone. Its really getting to me

Our insurance WONT/DONT cover a nutrisonist or dietician to help me and I cant afford curves, ww or anything else to help me.

I DO have some equipment to work out on-but I LACK motivation and energy!