FamilyCorner.com Forums

FamilyCorner.com Forums (https://www.familycorner.com/forums/)
-   Weight Loss (https://www.familycorner.com/forums/weight-loss/)
-   -   Need to make some changes (https://www.familycorner.com/forums/weight-loss/22012-need-make-some-changes.html)

Mish 03-10-2008 12:00 PM

Way to go Connie.The food journal does sound like a good idea.No one even has to know what goes into it.I have been so bad.I have only been exercising 3 times a week,.Oh well today is a new day and no excuses!!

Mish :)

goldeagle1 03-10-2008 12:43 PM

I know that many people swear that a food journal is the best dieting helper. I've never done one myself, but I keep telling myself that I should. Oh well, I jogged a 5K this morning and I'll try to watch what I eat the rest of the day.

:rainb:

Sammi1961 03-10-2008 02:12 PM

I am doing WW online and you have to keep track of what you eat every day. I think that is what holds me accountable though I have to admit that last week I did not stick to my diet at all. this week I am trying to get back on track. Once the weather gets nicer I can walk more as well. right now the roads are so icy and narrow because of snow it is hard to walk, especially at night as you can't get out of the road when cars come. Walking is the one exercise I like and stick to.

Mish 03-11-2008 04:50 AM

Well last night I did exercise.I can't seem to stop the nightime nibbling.I have noticed I just don't want anything for lunch so I have been eating a baked potatoe for lunch.I think my carbs are abit out of control and I am really trying to get that back.

Mish :)

Sammi1961 03-11-2008 05:10 AM

Oh I ate way too much yesterday - even caved and ate some potato chips before bed last night. I can't remember the last time I ate chips. I did walk, though so that was at least a little compensation. I really need to get back on track. I am tired of the cold and the dark when walking. I hope to amp things up when it warms up a bit

Mish, baked potatoes are not bad for you if you are careful with the toppings. They add fiber and are filling.

bluebird 03-11-2008 07:34 AM

I want to make some peanut butter balls, only using soy butter. Peanut/soy butter, honey, pwd milk. I think those will satisify my sweeth tooth but still be good for me. I had a recipe many moons ago that had wheat germ in it too.

kathymac 03-11-2008 09:44 AM

Sammi, I'm doing WW too, and I agree - writing everything down and tallying up the points is keeping me honest. The other thing I find helpful is checking off how much water I drink and servings of fruit and veggies. I'm not very good at drinking enough, but I am getting better at it.

Two more days until weigh-in. I'm hoping to have lost a few more pounds this week.

Good luck!

Kathy

Bilby 03-11-2008 12:41 PM

I'm still being a bit bad from christmas and it's time to get over it. Even still doing curves 5 days a week.
My hardest part of the day is about 2pm which is weird as I've usually not had lunch that long ago but can't seem to help myself, sigh.
No problems after dinner but on occasion I do have a few little pretzels with ds2.

Candy 03-11-2008 09:22 PM

Hi all, sounds like you all got a handle on your journey....
I know Sammi said you are on WW online. Does yours take forever to load? I joined but did not renew because it just took to darn long to load or save. Anywho I have lost 7 1/2 lbs so far ...I am still struggling daily with food. I read somewhere to add water to your peanut buter and you won't use as much.I did this ..just added a spoonful or two to a little peanut butter and whipped it up. I think I am using about half as much as it goes on celery and such a lot easier and smoother.
also read in a prevention magazine that sour dough bread is better for you than whole wheat. this was basing everything on a GI index which decides how fast our body breaks it down and uses it. Potatoes are not bad carbs in this Glusimic index(sp). Any one eles ever heard of this GI diet?

Sammi1961 03-12-2008 05:28 AM

Candy, when I signed up for WW online there is really nothing to download. It is just a website and after you sign up you get a personal page to keep track of your weight and what you eat and your points total plus any exercise you do. Exercise points can be traded for food points as well. It just takes a few seconds to bring up your food tracker. The only thing different about WW online than going to the meetings is that you have to weigh yourself at home and you don't have the support that meetings offer. I was not comfortable attending the meetings (some women were so fanatical about their weigh ins they took off every piece of jewelry and wore the lightest clothes they owned (I wore jeans and freaked everyone out LOL) I have to say the online program is very easy to use and you can even get recipes.

Kathymac, I have trouble drinking enough too. I drink maybe two glasses of water a day so know I should drink a lot more. I do drink skim milk with dinner and have started drinking sparkling water in place of soda when I crave soda's fizziness. I do pretty well with the fruits and vegetables but do find I am hungry sometimes.

didn't stick to my plan too well yesterday either but did walk longer so haven't gained any weight, I just haven't lost any in two weeks either. I need to amp it up a bit, walk more and stop snacking! it is hard to get back on track after you stop for a couple days.