Apple Cider Vinegar - FamilyCorner.com Forums
Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > > >

Old 01-20-2002, 07:58 PM
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Apple Cider Vinegar

Is apple cider vinegar and cider vinegar the same thing? I have some cider vinegar in the pantry, it looks the same (the color of apple cider).
Old 01-21-2002, 08:42 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

same stuff. you can use it
Old 01-21-2002, 11:32 AM
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Well I'm going to give it a try. I am also going to continue on this Dream Away stuff, tho I am beginning to think it's a load of crap LOL
Old 01-21-2002, 12:49 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

RE Apple cider vinegar??

Hi Amanda! 3cmommy here (I intro'd myself a few days ago). I have tried both the cider vinegar tablets and the Dream Away. Neither lived up to their advertised success. Near as I can tell the only way D.A. works is because you aren't supposed to eat within 4 hrs of sleeping-so it eliminates evening snacking. I don't understand the cider vinegar thing other than that the tablets have some fiber in them which should take away some hunger. Personally I think it's a psychological effect that allows either product to work. The only thing I've found to help me begin to lose the 60 lbs is exercising 4-5 days a week at a gym or walking. I'm at -8lbs and counting. Good luck!
Old 01-21-2002, 01:04 PM
FamilyCorner Fanatic

LOL 3cmommy! You are so right! This Dream Away does say not to eat anything 3 hrs prior to bed and to take 1 tbsp with a glass of water (8 oz).

I think it's all a bunch of malarky and tomorrow I am going to see if I can get my money back on these 3 bottles!

AND I wanted to comment about what you said. You are so right, there is no miracle cure. We are all just kidding ourselves with these gimmicks. I lost 15 pounds by eating better, no nighttime snacking, and exercising 5 days a week.

Now if I could just get motivated! When I broke my knee cap last summer it totally screwed everything up. I had just started going back to the gym and working out. And now the gym is 30 minutes from my house, but it has free babysitting, but it's so far away! UGH I bought a brand new jogging stroller and have only used it once. I wish it weren't so darned cold or I wish I lived close to a mall :-(

complain complain complain

LOL

Old 01-21-2002, 03:46 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Cider vinegar

Good luck getting your $$ back. My experience with trying to get those companies to honor their "Guarantees" is not positive. Wow, how are you doing recovering from a broken kneecap? That can be a tremendously painful injury to rehab from. My sister-in-law had a similar injury from skiing and she still favors it several years later. Although I suppose the PT told you the benefits of regular weight bearing exercise on bone healing-it doesn't make it any easier or less stiff/sore. Winter is a crummy time to begin a new routine. Maybe if you could commit to going to the gym you could hook up with another mom-must be some there d/t free childcare. I have found a # of other moms at my gym (Curves for Women) and find it helpful-although it is a small environment. Try renting some fitness tapes until you find one you like enough to buy-might solve the alternate days issue. Good luck to you. Tomorrow will be a hard AM to go-it's going to be COLD & dark!!
Old 01-21-2002, 06:15 PM
FamilyCorner Fanatic

That's a bummer, I have like $70 worth of this stuff :-( Well, maybe I can sell it on eBay LMAO!

I am going to the gym tomorrow, but have to wait till my kids get on the school bus. So it will be light out by the time I leave. And the bonus is that I called my SIL today and she agreed to go with me. We decided to start slow and go twice per week at first, then play it by ear after that. It's a start!

The knee: yeah it stinks I has already had previous injuries and one surgery on it, but this time I broke to knee cap in HALF, yep two pieces! OUCH! It sucked. It was a really nasty injury, and I had to remain in a completely straight brace for 8 weeks. Then to have to try bending it again! WOW! I still favor it, but am trying really hard not to. But because I don't work out and do my exercises, my upper thigh muscle is like Jell-O. Another really important reason for me to get back to the gym!

Wish me luck!
Old 01-21-2002, 06:27 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Hi there!
Regarding Apple Cider Vinegar and weight loss. I heard that ACV is a mild diuretic so you may just be losing a little water weight. Personnally water weight or not, I'll take any pound loss! What I love ACV for the most is as a great hair rinse. 1/3 cup ACV to 2 cups water and rinse your hair, it gets the product build up out the best!
Old 01-21-2002, 06:32 PM
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Wow, thanks for that tip! I can always use a good rinse Welcome!
Old 01-21-2002, 06:37 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

I've actaully made acv before, by mistake it was only supposed to ac no v It turned out really good. I think I'll make it again this fall.
It does do a nice job on your hair doesn't it, no static!!
I've never tried the tablets I wonder if they'd work like the actuall stuff? I like it in a cold glass with lots of ice. I have noticed that i go to the bathroom alot more