Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > > >

Old 03-04-2002, 12:37 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

I need to loose weight, I don't want my husband to leave me!

I want to loose wieght I'm desperate I just don't know what to do ever since I can't loose the weight I gained with my pregnancy I just don't feel attractive anymore and I think my husband is loosing interest in me he's right 'cause ever since tyler was born I hadn't had time for myself I want to loose those 45 pounds that I gained but I don't know how!

Please somebody HELP ME!
Old 03-04-2002, 01:02 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Karla,

Before anyone can help you, you have to WANT to lose weight. And it sounds like you do ... So let me ask you do you have the will power to stay on a plan that works for you?

If so, we are here to support you.

You have to pick a plan whether it be your own, Weight Watchers, Atkin, Suzanne Somers, etc.... Then start by making sure you have what you need in the house and jump in.

Do it for yourself !!!! no one else !!!!!

I hope this helped a little.

Please let us know if you have any more questions.
Old 03-07-2002, 06:56 PM
FamilyCorner Junkie

(((HUGS!))) Believe me, I know how you feel. I still haven't lost the weight I gained with my first pregnancy, and he just turned four! It just got worse with #2, and he's now 18 months old. There are a lot of us here who understand and will support you. Shawn is right, you have to WANT to lose the weight. So just jump on in and join us!

As for your dh, has HE lost interest, or have you? I know that's a personal question and you don't need to post your answer. But I found that, in my case, it wasn't him that was the problem. Being overweight made me feel less attractive, and I sure as heck didn't want even my hubby seeing me naked!!! It turned into a cycle--I wasn't interested and would pull away(in our daily life, too) and he just stopped asking. Then I'd get upset, and he'd get mad, we'd fight about it, and it would just get worse. I was too tired and too depressed, and even though I knew he loved me, I also felt guilty for not "being there." So I made some changes--I bought myself some nice pajamas(not too slinky, I wasn't THAT comfortable lol, but better than the usual flannels), took a long bubble bath(candles, music, the works) and made myself feel attractive again. It worked--I'm still heavy, but our marriage is back on track. My point is, you may be overweight, but there are things you can do NOW that can change the image you have of yourself--cut/color your hair, get a manicure, buy a nice scented lotion that makes you soft and smell good. Your dh will notice the change in you. Overweight? No baby, you are VOLUPTUOS!!!(sp)

Okay--I'll stop the sermon. Just don't get too down on yourself--you'll never lose the weight if you're spazzed about it
Old 09-24-2002, 01:05 PM

weight loss

Karla-

I know it's been awhile since you posted your thread. I hope that by now you have lost the weight or are half way there. If not, I understand-I've been there done that so many times, I finally seem to be on track after finding out I have diabetes it has literally scared me straight!!!! I am determined to get off these meds or at least lower the dosage and in 4 months I've shed 27 lbs. it hasn't been easy but I am determined this time. I still have 80 lbs to go I've set my goal for August 2003. Hope you'll write in and let us know how you are doing.

Anna