Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > > >

Old 01-21-2003, 10:58 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Diet Buddy

Hi, I've got to lose weight and thought maybe someone would be interested in helping me with my guilt of pigging out on anything I can get my hands on. Thought if we had to tell each other what we were eating we might and I do mean "might" feel bad enough to do something about it.
Old 01-24-2003, 11:15 AM
A Member of the Family

My recipe was featured! Get yours featured too!
FamilyCorner Admirer

I started to go to CalorieKing.com and I love it. I have lost 5lbs in one month. It is free which is best of all.

E-mail any time [email protected]
good luck Teresa
Old 01-25-2003, 07:58 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

ok, so I'm a diabetic and I REALLY need to lose weight too (besides my HS reunion is this year) !

I was using WebMD's journal and it's FANTASTIC - but then the Holidays came...

If you still need a buddy...
Old 01-25-2003, 08:24 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

chuckle I did it, so can you

HI, wanted to congratulate you on the first step to a healthy lifestyle. We all need to get healthy. I wanted to let you know, I have went from top weight (180 ish post pregnancy, 155lbs top weight after/before pregnancy) to 115lbs. You can do it. You have to kick in gear by healthy eating, and exercising. Its a two prong attack. Good luck and hope you get what you are seeking. Its a journey, but remember it takes time, it has taken me a 10 months to get where I am, and I breastfeed my baby, so I know you can do it, good luck
Old 01-25-2003, 04:25 PM
Friend of the Family

My recipe was featured! Get yours featured too!
FamilyCorner Newbie

Diet, sounds like a good topic to me.

Sue
Old 01-25-2003, 08:35 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Hello I am a new poster

I just got a super idea. This idea came from the owner of the gym I go to.

Contract With Myself:

I hereby pledge to:

***Participate in a program of regular exercise for 6 weeks, beginning on the ____day of January 2003. (or choose the month you wish to start with)

***Eat healthful foods in reasonable portions, at reasonable times.

***Eat primarily to satisfy my nutrional needs rather than my emotional needs.

Signed:
*********______________

Good options to try:

1. No eating after 6:00 PM or 3 hours prior to bedtime.

2. Increase cardio to a minimum of 20-30 Min. a day up to 150 minutes a week.

3. Keep a daily journal. Write down everything you eat. (this one really works for me)

4. Drink at least 8 glasses of water a day and write it down in your journal.

5. Slow down at the gym-- rushing doesn't work it needs to be done slow and controlled.

I hope this helps!

Michelle
Old 01-25-2003, 09:39 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

I'm game. I've been thinking lately that it would be nice to fit into some of my old jeans again but haven't had enough motivation to do something about it. Maybe talking to others about it will help. How bout if we pick a start date, like this Monday the 27th and then we each report daily on how we are doing. If we mess up then we fess up so we have a clean slate for the next day. For me the best plan was the zone plan. Each of us may have our own pgm that works for us but we can give each other encouragement on whatever we are working on. I'd like to lose 10 lbs myself to start with. What do you think?
Old 01-26-2003, 07:00 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

I love the idea of dieting together. I'm 40 yrs old and 5' 4". I weigh in at 180 and would be totally excited to lose at least 40 pounds. Diabetes and high blood pressure are rampant in my family and so far it has overlooked me. With this much extra weight one or the other can't miss me in the near future. I know how to lose weight for me. I've done it before (sound familiar?). Just cutting down on what I eat and regular exercise does the trick. Keeping a journal of what I eat every day helps as well. Lots and lots of water helps too. When I get a craving for food if I go brush my teeth that helps, I never want to eat for a couple of hours after I brush, something about that minty toothpaste taste......ewww. I can get started and motivated and lose 10 pounds or so then life gets in the way (or rather I let it get in the way) and I stop walking or I get caught up eating on the run or this or that etc.........Maybe if we each do it our own way and just log on here as often as we can for morale support and updates it might help. I'm game to start on the 27th as well if the rest of you are. Tomorrow will start out with a brisk walk before I go pick up my grandson even if it kills me. I'll let you all know tomorrow night how things go.
II Timothy 2:15
Old 01-26-2003, 07:13 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

OK guys, see you all here tomorrow. We're all gonna be loosers on this one and that's a good thing!
Old 01-27-2003, 11:19 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Hi Everybody

Your idea of having a diet buddy is a great one. I started WW last September with my sister-in-laws and having them for support couldn't be better. I have lost 45lbs so far. I know that may seem like a lot to some, but I need to lose about 80- 100 more, I have a ways to go.
I have been overweight most of my life (I'm 45) and have also tried many, many diets! I have lost and gained it back too. This time I am determined to make it different. WW is a program that I am not having a problem following. It lets me eat anything as long as I count it. It also helps me be aware of what I am eating, why I am eating and helps me make better choices. I am not really looking at this as a diet, but a change in my life style.
Some of the things that have really helped me so far----
I write down everything I eat and keep track of my points(WW).
I try to get 5-6 serving of fruits and veggies everyday, something I wasn't good at before.
I drink at least 8 glasses of water a day.
I try to attend my WW meeting every week and face the scale. I think it is really important to know once a week you are going to weigh and be accountable for your eating habits.
And last but not least---having support from family and friends has helped a lot.
I hope you all have a lot of success in your weight loss. I hope having each other for encouragment will help.
Joy