Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > > >

Old 09-24-2005, 03:47 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

I could use a buddy!

Anyone interested in being workout/diet pals? I'm looking for someone to make sure I do some type of exercise each day. I have all the equipment I need at home, the only thing I'm lacking is motivation! I want to exercise at least 30 minutes a day, 5 days a week and eventually build up my stamina to start running. I am also going to start using my weights more---I think I have 5, 8 and 10 pound weights. I want to tone and firm up, and decrease my sweeet tooth! I usually do great the first couple of weeks, I exercise each day, eat healthy food, but then life gets in the way and I go downhill and have a hard time getting and staying motivated again. Anyone want to partner up?
Old 09-24-2005, 04:03 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

I to would love to have a diet buddy or someone to be accountable to. I NEED to loose at least 40lbs prefer 50lbs. I had planned on walking at least 2-3 miles a day to the "walk away the pounds" DVDs but they sit in the dvd player and I'm to lazy to get up and do it Plus I have a Nordic track that I got for free from freecycle but it too is unused.
Iris
Old 09-24-2005, 04:03 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Welcoem Gina to the diet thread and family corner!!!

If you want I would gladly cheer you on everyday and help get you motivated. When do you plan to start???? Let me know

Hugs debbie

Guard well your spare moments. They are like uncut diamonds. Discard them and their value will never be known. Improve them and they will become the brightest gems in a useful life."
~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Old 11-20-2005, 05:03 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

I've been doing great with my exercising. I started walking with my neighbor 4-6 times a week for at least an hour each night. We walk whenever its convenient for the both of us and we take our dogs, so its great. We get our exercise, catch up on our day and our dogs get to exercise. I hope I can keep it up during the winter.

I'd still love to be buddies if anyone is interested. It would be great for motivation.
Old 11-20-2005, 05:49 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

I fell off the band wagon. I need to get back on. It has been a very hard and fast pace year. Maybe I can find someone hear to walk with. That is my motivation. Have a good week everyone.
Old 11-20-2005, 06:43 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Hi Kay~~maybe we could be cyber buddies---check in with each other to make sure we are exercising and staying on the wagon--what do you think?
Old 11-20-2005, 07:00 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Thanks Gina. I can try again. I was doing pretty good and then got too busy and then well you know how it goes from there. Hopefully I can start doing exercies here at home. I have a tape that my oldest ds like to do with me for about 5 minutes then it off to watch Zoom or power rangers.

Well nice . I will let you know when I get started and maybe I can keep it up this time. Thanks for the encouragement.
Old 11-25-2005, 03:12 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

I didn't walk the past 3 nights--its been freezing here! I will be walking tomorrow with my neighbors, so I'll be back on track. It was nice taking a couple of nights off, but I don't want to make it a habit!!

How are you doing Kay?
Old 11-25-2005, 03:42 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Hi ladies, I dont think I know you gkp1031, or you ladyiris, but the others know how last May I lost weight for my class reunion, and now its BACK,lol!!! I really have to get back on track, but this is the worst time of year for me,so Im gonna wait til January, and I wont be tempted,and will have 5 months til the warm weather,lol. Its real cold here now,all of a sudden with the recent snow, it feels more like winter here,yet its still a month away.My hubby bought some excercise equipment 2 years ago, and it sits there! Well good luck those that are dieting now, and Ill be back to this thread in January. How are things going Kay?? I havent run into you on too many threads, we must go to different ones!! Candy if you see this CONGRATS again on the continuing weight loss and getting to go off your meds!!!!

Last edited by sandieluvsbears; 01-15-2006 at 05:15 PM.
Old 11-25-2005, 03:49 PM
Six Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

This is such a great idea, I have been doing Pilates for Dummies lol, I had to quit because I got wayyyy ahead of myself and pushed myself doing crunches and pulled a muscle in my back . I will start tommorow the leftover turkey and gravy is making me weak and I have got to have some more of my potato salad. On ivillage they have great starter exercises with a little video to show how to properly do it and they have everything from yoga to pilates so if you would like it might be worth checking out. They have it narrowed down from begginners to advanced.
I also have a link to calorie charts, it has carb counts for fruit and veggies calorie charts for all the food groups and one link to 200 snacks that are under 100 calories. If anybody needs that just pm me.

April