Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > > >

Old 04-27-2005, 03:53 PM
Six Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

Question New to Group

Hi Everyone.
I am new to this group...mind if I join in on the weight loss train?
My name is Deb and I live in NH. I have to lose at least 45 lbs. I sure would like some buddies to "help" me along the way.
Thanks,
Deb

"I can do anything 15 minutes at a time"
www.flylady.net
Old 04-27-2005, 04:25 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Welcome Deb....from anouther Deb!!!!

Glad to have you with us!!! We are all here to support one anouther as we all try to maintain a healthier lifestyle. You've made the first step by asking for support and you will find lots of very supportive ladies here. Hope to see you soon. Let us know how it is going. Are you following any certain plan??? I have lost 30 pounds on the weight watchers and I am trying to shed the final 10....seems so much harder. Well again Welcome!!!

Hugs debbie

Guard well your spare moments. They are like uncut diamonds. Discard them and their value will never be known. Improve them and they will become the brightest gems in a useful life."
~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Old 04-28-2005, 03:50 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Has anyone gone to that new Food Pyramid site:
www.mypyramid.gov

What do you think about it?
It really showed me how much my diet is lacking in vegetables
Old 04-28-2005, 05:25 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Maniac

Thanks Barbszy for the link have put it in my faves to be able to go back and refresh this poor brain of mine lol.
Old 04-28-2005, 05:57 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Barbszy

Thanks for the site...I had not seen it before. I do okay in the grains, vegies and lean meats but really lack in the fruit dept.

Hugs debbie

Guard well your spare moments. They are like uncut diamonds. Discard them and their value will never be known. Improve them and they will become the brightest gems in a useful life."
~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Old 04-28-2005, 06:16 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Hello everyone,
Also welcome to Jewelle.

Angel.....don't be discoraged. It takes a while to learn what is required of us to lose weight and then just when we got it ....the rules change. LOL Just keep trying and soon the good days WILL out number the bad days and you will be on your way. Keep coming here for support too, can't hurt. And everytime you are going to eat aek yourself if you are really hungry and if the honest answer is no ,find something else to do. Watch out for hidden fat in processed foods. How they can start out with a chichen patti which is low in fat naturally and add 9 or more fat grams to it is beyond me ...why? Can you tell I was checking out chicken patti's?LOL

barbszy...I keep trying to hit the targets for veggies and fruits....some days I do it and I do get the fruits in almost always but my problem lies in restricting to many carbs and meat. I don't get the milk except on pizza days if you count the cheese. I would advise anyone trying to lose weight to look at that site and really look into the portion guidelines and what size a portion is. I have had a lifetime of bad eating habits and had no idea how SMALL carb and meat portions were(till a few years ago)!!!Pooh Then measure ,weigh and measure till you get the size burned into your brain. Best advice I can give!

I am having a real struggle right now .....wish me luck !
Old 04-28-2005, 06:48 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Candy

Sorry to hear you are struggling right now.......try to stay positive..
You have done so amazing so far...I know you can do it!!!! Just keep thinking how much more energy you will have to be out with your grandson Ian!!!! Sending some ((((HUGS)))) your way!!!!

Hugs Debbie

~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Old 04-28-2005, 09:01 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Welcome Jewelle, nice to see somebody else from New Hampshire!! We are on the Bedford, Manchester line.
Im still the same weight, havent lost havent gained, either,but I know I could do much better on the weekends, thats my downfall right now, I was surprised though that all my capri pants from last year either fit okay or were a little loose, so thats a good sign!!One thing Ive been doing for the past 2 weeks is I have a salad with diet dressing about an hour before dinner(that way I dont pick at anything else Im cooking and also eat less at dinner. I have been drinking ALOT of water too, like Im in the bathroom every half hour LOL!!Excercise, excersise, thats what I need, have been walking a lot too!!!Carol (angel) dont get discouraged you can do it!!!It takes patience, and will power and dont let anyone tell you its easy because it isnt,but just watch the portion size on everything thats a start and what I do.

Hugs Sandie
Old 04-28-2005, 07:05 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Addict

Hello,

I'm back after being gone for awhile. I have tried eating healthy and exercising but every time I lose more than 4 pounds I feel weak and ill like I am going to come down with the flu. I take vitamins and drink lots of water but that doesn't seem to help. I had thyroid problems a couple of years ago but that is under control now. I had gained 40 pounds at that time and am still carrying that around. I had always been thin before that and hate my fat tummy now.
Old 04-30-2005, 07:53 AM
Six Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

Thanks for the Welcome

Thank you so much for the welcome. I do live in Nh not far from you Sandie..I live in Weare

As I said I would like to lose at least 40 lbs. I have been working my way back onto the Curves diet. I had been following it faithfully last summer and had been doing awesome. Unfortunately i fell off the wagon and gained back what I lost...plus a little more....over the past year. Now I'm starting over. My goal is to change my diet and begin working out at Curves again 3-4 times per week. I really LOVE the workout there and the ladies who belong are very "down to earth" people. I hate going to clubs where toothpick sized women whine about how fat they are....and I'm bigger then them. LOL

Thanks again for the welcome.
Deb

"I can do anything 15 minutes at a time"
www.flylady.net