Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > > >

Old 02-01-2003, 04:06 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Good Morning,

It's good to hear from you again Carrotpatch, I wondered what happened to you.

I didn't get a chance to post last night but yesterday was good. I had no breakfast but lunch was 1 1/2 oz cheddar cheese on toast, 1/2 c. peaches, 1/2 cup beets and a little bit later a boiled egg. Dinner consisted of a cup of lasagna with a salad and an apple. Four 16oz cups of water throughout the day. I walked my two miles again yesterday as well.

Hopefully I can post tonight and let ya'll know what today brings...

God Bless,
Angie
II Timothy 2:15
Old 02-01-2003, 06:51 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Shawn
I looked around to try and find the wieght loss journals forum but couldn't find it. Help!

Mary Beth
Old 02-01-2003, 07:26 AM
Friend of the Family

My recipe was featured! Get yours featured too!
FamilyCorner Newbie

Yesrterday was a bad day for me too. Peanutbutter is my weakness and I had 2 huge peanutbutter sandwiches.
Hope today is better.

Carrotpatch go to the bottom of this page where it says forumn jump. Hit the drop down arrow and you will find the weight loss journals.

Sue
Old 02-01-2003, 03:23 PM
Special Member of the Family
Honorary Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Hi ya...mind if I join you???
I have been trying for a few weeks ....first I joined curves and then I started to eat better, it took me documenting what I ate to realize exactly how much FAT I was eatting....so I am trying lo fat increase my protein and good carbs...ie whole grains, veggies and fruit...it is not to say I do not have a potato from time to time but I am trying....at least I am not having french fries.

Breakfast 2 bowls special K 1 cup skim milk
lunch ham, potato, mashed, no added butter, and baked limas
dinner sea bass, tabouli salad and snap peas....
I had fat free hot chocolate as a snack and I also had a few cherry slices ( candy) very bad of me but they were calling my name.

I am off exercising for a few days since I wrenched my already limited back....I will be back on monday exercising and will also be going to aqua therapy for the muscles.

I work full time and I am in school 1/2 time and I am a single parent to a 21 year old who is still in college. we also have 4 cats...what great stress relief they are.

I taped Discovery Health Body Challenge and when I need some motivation I watch that...it helps a lot to see these people stuggling with the same problems
Old 02-01-2003, 06:57 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Hello again,

I'm afraid today I probably undid everything I accomplished this week. Things started out well, I knew I was going shopping in Albany (it's about 40 miles away and I never go there) so I had breakfast this morning so that I could refrain from stopping in town and just eat again when I returned home. Breakfast was 1 scrambled egg, 1 slice toast, and 1/2 apple. Trouble came when my dear hubby found out I was in town and wanted to have lunch together at Golden Corral. He works just outside Albany and we never have a chance to get together for lunch so I agreed. I will say that considering what I usually have at a buffet I did very well. Most of what I had was salad and veggies. I did have some of the teriyaki wings and a small piece of the meatloaf.
Unfortunately the dessert bar called a little too loudly and I did have a brownie and a taste of the cherry pie and a very small piece of german chocolate cake. Now this may sound like a lot of food but take my word for it, that was not nearly as much as I would normally eat when turned loose in a food bar. I skipped dinner altogether considering the calories consumed at lunch. I did manage to get in 4 16oz cups of water today.

As for walking, I skipped today on that as well. After running up and down isles at Hobby Lobby, Michael's and the Mall, I figured I had already gotten in my 2 miles.

I'll say it again, tomorrow is a new day. Monday's weigh-in will tell the tale.

I appreciate you all listening to what I eat every day, knowing that I would have to tell all tonight helped me keep it at a minimum today. I keep my own chart here at home but having to tell somebody else makes it real.

God Bless,
Angie
II Timothy 2:15
Old 02-01-2003, 07:10 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Diet Buddy

Remember the guy that tried to sue McDonald's and Burger King for selling him fattening food? Wonder if we could do that to Golden Corral? LOL.
I think we all have a day where we fall off the wagon. To me dieting is like being an alcoholic and it's hard to get over. We go through some of the same symptoms. However, you're still doing a lot better than I am. You know those Little Debbie Strawberry Shortcake things? Yeah, I ate the whole box! Am I bad or what? I sat there and read my book on high protein/low carbohydrate foods as I read it. Makes no sense to me either. Oh, oh, oh, that was after the pound of bacon. Wouldn't mess it up by eating the bacon later now would I? I need help! Tell me I'm an idiot.
Does keeping a journal help? At this point I'd have to buy a large sprial notebook so I could keep adding pages. I'm so mad at myself.
You can email me at [email protected] if you want. We need to start griping at each other and trying to make each other feel guilty. I need some guilt. My husband just sits there and says "aren't you suppose to not be having sugar?" Like that's gonna help? I think he's afraid I'd rip his head off if he tried to take it from me. LOL. Hope to hear from you soon.
Old 02-02-2003, 08:59 AM
Special Member of the Family
Honorary Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Today I m starting well, 2 bowls of special K...1 C of skim milk...
I know some people may say 2 bowls??? but really 1 oz is a bowl and when you are as overweight as me 1 oz is an appetizer....and it is low fat etc etc.....It works out in the calorie end.
I also had coffee with fat free half and half...I know an oxymoron but it keeps those fatty sensors fooled.
Angie I think once in a while falling "off the diet wagon" shakes things up and can actually jumpstart our bodies into burning more calories. I hope that is what it did for you.

My back was strained the other day so exercise has been out other than my strengthening things but they are not cardio in any way

I am off to make blueberry muffins for my ds...too hi in fat and carbs for me...what torture but he is so helpful to me that I cannot refuse.

Have a good day all.
Ruth
Old 02-02-2003, 09:16 AM
A Member of the Family

My recipe was featured! Get yours featured too!
FamilyCorner Admirer

Don't beat yourself up . I try and have 1 day a week where I can cheat a little on my diet. That way I don't feel like I can never have something really yummy.

I exercised today. Cheerios and Yogurt for breakfast. I am going thru my ads to see what I can get at the grocery store that is healthy and cheap. Hard thing to do.

Good luck ya all, Teresa
Old 02-02-2003, 09:20 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Keloggs Special K

I also tried the Special K thing and after a week my sister told me that it wasn't working because I wasn't suppose to be putting sugar on it. LOL. I can sit down with a box of cereal and eat the whole box while reading the ingredients on the side of it over and over and over again. It's addictive.
Today I am seriously considering starting to walk. I've got four fat dogs that need to be taken out so I figure they're in the same boat as I am and if I'm going to have to do it they are too. Right now they're all alseep at my feet so I know they're excited. LOL.
Old 02-02-2003, 12:15 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Thanks Sue and Shawn, I found it.
Welcome Catlady! The more the merrier!
Well, Carla, when you do it you do it right! I'll bet you are harder on yourself than any of us could be though. So we'll probably just encourage you when you do good instead of joining you to beat yourself up. We have faith in you girl!
As for me: I did ok but not great. Had a hamburger pattie with a green chilie and some cheese with some new potatoes for brunch, then later in the afternoon I had some of the apple crisp stuff I made earlier in the week with some plain yogart. For Dinner I made porkchops (lean boneless) with cream of mushroom soup, baked potatoes and corn. I had small portions of each. I did have some butter and sour cream on the potatoe. No green vegetables or salad. That's my weakest area cause I don't like them much. But I'm going to try and do better this week on it. Late last night I did make some cream of wheat pudding.
Its basically cream of wheat (I use soy milk instead of milk) with some fructose added and two eggs for protein and then almond extract. I was so hungry for something substantial. I could have eaten it all but I refrained and only had one serving.
I agree that it helps to have to come here and fess up. Even if we don't do as good as we may think we need to, but do better than we have been, we're going to end up losing.
I did manage to lose a couple lbs this week. This week is the real test. Keeping it going is the hard part for me. Plus I finally got the
pesky flu going around that I managed to avert when the rest of the family got it. I don't know about you, but when I don't feel good I really want to get out the comfort food!
Gotta go find a recipe to do something with chicken tenders. All I really want to do, though, is go make a tent out of my covers!