Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > > >

Old 02-12-2002, 10:47 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

You Women are great!

I have a a few extra pounds to lose as well. This a great motivational site.

I have a thought about the yucky water. Save a jug after the water you bought is gone. Try boiling your yucky water on the stove for 30 mins. or so and let it cool then funnel it into the jug. I know it will take out anything harmful and will most likely improve the taste (especially if refridgerated). We always use to boil water on camping trips and it made a huge difference. You could try it once to see if it works.

If that doesn't work what about those water services where they deliver bottled water. (You know those huge jugs that get inverted on a tank like many offices have instead of water fountains) I can't remember what they are called. A friend had one in her home because all she drinks is bottled water. I don't know what it costs, but she is cheap like me so I'm sure it's not to costly. Now she bought her own tank and buys the large jugs at some place like Sam's Club or Costco, rather than renting the tank and them delivering the water.
Just a thought to your water problem, rather than having to buy it by the gallon more frequently.
Old 02-12-2002, 12:09 PM
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Thanks Beth! I hadn't heard of the boiling idea, I will have to try that!

Join us in the weekly threads, you'll see them, we update our progress and motivate each other each week!
Old 02-17-2002, 08:24 AM
Friend of the Family

My recipe was featured! Get yours featured too!
FamilyCorner Admirer

Just wondering if anyone has tried using the apple cider vinegar in water. Do you know how it is supposed to help loose weight? Also, how does it taste in your water and how often each day are you supposed to do this? I have read about this in other threads. Thanks.
Old 02-17-2002, 10:45 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Hello everyone,
I guess I am sending this post to mjstjs.... sorry I can't remember the rest of the letters to your name
Anyway this is about the apple cidar vinegar in your water, I do it. I'm not sure exactly what it does that helpl you lose the weight but I asked one of the other posters on another thread and she put up a web address for more information. Sorry I don't remember which thread she posted it on.
What I can say is that I use it and I like the taste. And as for the amount I use.......... I drink(well am supposed to drink ) 8 glasses of water a day. I have a glass that holds about 2 cups of water and I put a table spoon of acv in each glass. I have read from other people that posted that it tastes terrible ( well one person) but like I said, I enjoy the flavor. I DO like water but when I have to drink sooooooooo much of it I enjoy having a flavor to it. I guess it is a personal preference whether or not you would feel the same as me.
So on top of all the other good things that acv will do for your body, that you will read from that web address I mentioned ) it may taste so good to you that you will drink the water that is necessary for your body to flush all that nasty stuff out of your body and help you to lose the weight you need to lose.
I hope this helped a bit,
Ciao for now ladies,
Irene ;-)
Old 02-17-2002, 01:15 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Ladies check in the thread named ACV for a bunch of info on the apple cider vinegar. I'll second you Irene it does taste good in water.
Old 02-18-2002, 03:33 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Yes, Let's

I have been exercising (walking and sprinting) for about a month now. I have also been lifting weights (for increased metabolism). I haven't seen a big change in my body yet but I have noticed increased energy.

I have a friend who is a vegetarian, she has given me some wonderful tips, and I have also read a book which is quite inspirational. The book, which I loaned out and have not recieved back talks about purposing your heart to the Lord.

I usually try to purpose my heart to him and skip dinner and do something more productive. And I don't eat the rest of the evening. I would have thought by breakfast I would be starving but I really don't even notice it. I actually crave the food that is better for me!

This has been wonderful, I pray to the Lord and purpose my heart to Him and promise Him I will skip dinner (in the morning) and when I have promised Him, I find it easier to not go back on my promise. I even cook for my family, and tell them I am not eating tonight. Then while they are eating I work on a closet that needs cleaning or getting my papers organized. (which makes me EXTREMELY HAPPY)
Old 02-25-2002, 07:36 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

I'll join the encouragers!

I'll take all of the encouragement I can get! As a young person, I was always within 5-10 pounds of a reasonable weight, and sure it would never be a problem... At last weigh in, I was 230 pounds!

When I was close to 30yo, I lost down from 190 to my goal weight of 140. I stayed there for about 3 years. I got there through a study called Free to Be Thin by Neva Coyle. It was a Bible study with lots of information about health as well. I'm now 43...and plumping.

Then...life got too tricky for me (Not for God...should have gone to Him and not food). DH hit an all time low in his income, we adopted a verbally autistic ADHD 4yob, and my dh went on staff at the church. The income really affected what I was able to buy for food...almost nothing. For awhile, the first and only time in our married life, we actually depended on what food we were given...but it was not low calorie at all...

So, here I am today. I'm on the basic roller coaster of attempts. Right now I'm two weeks into walking for 20 minutes a day. I'm doing little else. I want to take it slowly and be faithful to one thing at a time. Okay, I could probably add the water increase!

I don't drink coffee per se (sp?), but I do drink a tall latte or two that I make at home. I've cut it down to 1/2 caff...but with the sugar and milk...it's a lot of extra calories. I'm really a sugar-holic, and a bread-holic. Sigh. I'm looking for moderation and consistancy! I'd love to read your encouragements!

At this point, I want to exercise and eat better. I'm not planning on being a slave to the scale. I'd rather base it on results and not have another obsession.
Old 02-25-2002, 07:42 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Otheila

What's acv?
Old 02-25-2002, 07:55 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

acv= apple cider vinegar
you can buy it at the super market
Old 03-04-2002, 09:47 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

I'll Join You

Hi Aubrey, I'm Lola and I'm also looking for support in helping me lose weight. My story is I left my job last April to be a full time Mom to my kids and it's been a truly enlightening year! Not only have I gained 15 pounds (I also had 35 to lose when I quit) but I went through a major depression because I was feeling down about "not working" even though I work harder now than I ever did. Anyway, if you'd like support, exchange ideas, etc. I'd be thrilled if we could help each other.