Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > > >

Old 02-22-2015, 03:59 AM
Nine Year Member

I am glad the tree is looking up . I do wonder if the leaves will perk up more? I think up here the tree is more of a shrub and definitely a potted plant to be brought in during the winter.

"God has not given us a spirit of fear; but of love, power, and a sound mind."
Old 02-23-2015, 08:52 PM
Nine Year Member

Was such a beautiful day today hit 84*. Cut all the branches back on the papaya tree, left the top ones still looked green at the bottom. Should buy another Red Lady Papaya while they still have them. Once I got outside started trimming other bushes back and shaping them. Did manage to fill two large bags. Ready now for garbage pickup.
________
Sueanne

Old 03-01-2015, 07:44 AM
Nine Year Member

Name:  Papaya after the frost still growing 44.jpg
Views: 144
Size:  38.3 KBStart of a beautiful warm week should hit the 80s today. Took the sheet off the papaya was amazed at what I saw. New branches were forming where once old branches were. They are very strong did not hurt unwrapping it. All the papayas have doubled in size even the little ones. Made my morning seeing new life in my tree. Guess the couple of rainy days have helped. So glad my Red Lady Papaya will be around another year.
________
Sueanne
Attached Images

Last edited by Sueanne; 03-01-2015 at 07:50 AM.
Old 03-18-2015, 06:46 PM
Nine Year Member

Red Lady is still holding on. Getting new branches where the old ones were cut off. Will try and keep the tree low growing so it does not get to high to pick. Still picking fruit from before the frost that I had wrapped. Was surprised to see new plants growing around the tree. Guess it is from all the fruits I pureed and spread around the tree. It has been very warm the last few weeks 80s and 90s. Should be getting some afternoon showers to get all the fruit trees growing.
Hopefully the new plants are watermelons which I love.
________
Sueanne
Attached Images

Old 03-18-2015, 10:49 PM
Nine Year Member

I am very glad Ms Red Lady is holding on, and so wise that you keep her trimmed to a practical height. What fun to have the bonus of some melons if they do come up.

"God has not given us a spirit of fear; but of love, power, and a sound mind."
Old 03-20-2015, 01:07 PM
Nine Year Member

Picked one of the papayas off the tree this morning could not believe it was red inside. It was so delicious in my smoothie this morning. The little watermelon plants are getting larger. Hit 85* today plus I watered them from my well pump this morning. Can see the difference with natural water without chemicals. The other one picked is for my roasting chicken dinner Sunday. Been busy weeding a little every morning to hot during the afternoon. Need to get some mulch now that it is n sale.
________
Sueanne
Attached Images

Old 03-31-2015, 09:42 AM
Nine Year Member

My Red Lady is filling out with lots of branches. The leaves are getting larger every day. So far no problems with bugs or anything, do use coffee grinds and eggshells around the tree. Probably mix some Epsom salt, 1 tsp. to 4 cups of water around the bottom of the tree for magnesium. The watermelons are taking off too. Fun to watch from the window every morning how much it grew!
_________
Sueanne
Attached Images

Old 05-16-2015, 06:02 PM
Nine Year Member

Glad my son is tall to pick the papaya's this year. The tree is really filling out looks healthy. The new one I bought is getting larger too.
So much fun watching it produce fruit since they are so expensive in the store.
_________
Sueanne
Attached Images

Old 07-27-2015, 09:14 PM
Nine Year Member

The papaya tree is really doing good this year. Already have 39 papaya's growing. Do cook them green or shredded. The new Papaya tree is already 7 ft. already.
________
Sueanne
Attached Images

Old 08-27-2015, 08:53 PM
Nine Year Member

Red Lady Papaya with Fruit

Been picking and enjoying the papayas cooked every day. With two trees now should have enough for awhile.
________
Sueanne
Attached Images

Last edited by Sueanne; 08-27-2015 at 08:58 PM.