Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > > >

Closed Thread

Old 02-06-2012, 04:41 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Cat lover and Deb, thank you both so much for the ideas you've given me! Ya'll have given me so much to think about. Jerry and I walked outside this afternoon and found a place along the back fence that is perfect for the green onions and maybe some peppers, there's also some places that Jerry thinks tomatoes will do well.

Anyway, I got some lettuce, spinach, broccoli and sweet basil seed today. The sweet basil came in it's own little habitat but the others are ready to go in the dirt outside. We live in Zone 7 so it's time to start planting the cooler weather plants here. I'm also going to plant some turnip greens and a couple other kinds of greens to enjoy.

I'm hoping to start some seedlings for summer squash, tomatoes, Thai peppers(a friend sent me some Friday), eggplants......etc.....for a summer garden.

I'm not really going to worry about any fruit, my Dear MIL's homeplace has about 50 blueberry plants that make well and some figs, then they're friends from church that give us apples, pears, peaches ect........so I can put up fruit. My son has a wild Scuppernong behind his house that makes excellent jelly. The apples and pears make wonderful apple and pear butter and jellies. The peaches and figs make yummy preserves as do the blueberriees.

Anyway, I can hardly wait to see what I can grow this year and what all I can preserve and put in the freezer! Thank ya'll for all the help!
Hugs, Paula

http://summdaysummway.blogspot.com
Old 02-07-2012, 12:01 PM
Assistant Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

We are putting in a strawberry bed. I think we will have the same as last year, onions, potatoes, green beans, herbs, tomatoes, sweet and hot peppers, carrots, lettuce and greens. Def want to grow kale but haven't found any seeds. Do I need a plant?
Old 02-07-2012, 10:13 PM
Six Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

I found some seeds at Walmart....
Old 02-08-2012, 05:05 AM
Assistant Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

You found kale seeds at Walmart?
Old 02-08-2012, 07:10 AM
Six Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Last Thursday when I stopped in after my Dr.'s Appt. I picked up a few packets of seeds to get started...I am bound and determined to have a garden this year...
Old 02-19-2012, 05:08 PM
FamilyCorner Junkie

Im waiting to get moved then get garden dug up
Old 02-19-2012, 05:15 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

I'm waiting on this 20 something degree weather to get out of here then I'm going to start planting.
Hugs, Paula

http://summdaysummway.blogspot.com
Old 10-14-2012, 12:43 PM
Head Moderator

How did everyone' s garden do this year?

When I was young we used to go "skinny dipping"; now we just "chunky dunk"

“The value of doing something does not lie in the ease or difficulty, the probability or improbability of its achievement, but in the vision, the plan, the determination and the perseverance, the effort and the struggle which go into the project. Life is enriched by aspiration and effort, rather than by acquisition and accumulation.”

― Helen Nearing, The Good Life

Closed Thread