Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Valentine's Day This holiday isn't just for lovers! Share your craft ideas, recipes, romantic getaways, and more here.

Old 01-09-2005, 02:27 AM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Question Help - Ideas Needed for Valentine's Day Foods

Anyone have any ideas of foods for Valentine's Day?
Old 01-09-2005, 09:55 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Location: Originally from the Home of the only 6 times Super Bowl Champs!
Heart shaped brownies come to mind at first.

Are you looking for meal ideas too?

Visit my blogs **

Tami's Kitchen Table Talk

Simple, easy-to-cook family recipes
and lots of good conversation!

Join the Cookie Carnival!
On Hiatus

If you love baking cookies, join our group!

Old 01-23-2005, 07:58 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

I'd suggest chocloate. Then there's always chocolate. Or you might want to consider .. chocolate!!

If you're interestedin putting together a menu.. who will you be serving?

Just the two of you Or the family?

There's anything from Coquilles St Jaque ... which is my Dh and my first-Valentine's date food.. (it was the first thing I home-cooked for him) with a split of champagne and a chocolate-hazelnut torte...

Or a wonderful family lasagne with hot chocolate brownies a la mode for dessert..

What did you have in mind?
Old 01-23-2005, 10:04 PM
Nine Year Member

If this is needed for a classroom party~~~~~
You could have jello jigglers cut out with a heart shaped cookie cutter or a cutter shaped like a set of lips.
You could have chips and dips
celery & carrot sticks with ranch dip
flavored crackers or pretzels and cream cheese dip
nachos and cheese or salsa and bean dips
There's always the decorated cupcakes and cookies.
And let's not forget the small individual pizza's heart shaped.
You could also have cookies to dip into pudding cups.
Ice cream sundaes~ each child could bring a favorite topping, such as chocolate chips, cake decorations or other items.
Most of these are a lot more healthier than the sweets usually served at kids parties.

For drinks you could have a red fruit punch, or sodas, or Kool-aid mixed with gingerale, or have milk shakes.

Hope this helps you out. Good Luck
Old 01-24-2005, 09:39 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

I was just looking for some Valentine recipes last night and found a ton on www.wilton.com. These aren't just recipes for making facncy cakes and the like (it's a cake decorating site) but they also had things on there like strawberry bread and things like that.

I liked the idea of making a cake in a jelly roll pan and cutting out heart cookies after the cake cooled. Once you have cut out the cookies, drizzle icing over the top of the cakes (pink or red icing, of course).

If you decide to visit the site, click on recipes and projects, then ckick browse by theme and it should take you to a selection of different holidays and seasons. Find the winter season and click on Valentine's Day.

Tammy
Old 01-24-2005, 06:03 PM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

blushing

Im looking for meal ideas too....i was thinking of doing pink (red) mashed potatoes..lol

maybe a rosy applesauce

I know u can do french toast..u can put strawberry koolaid or coloring in the mix...maybe even a red jello for flavor!!

U can always do that with pudding too!

maybe a candy_carmel popcprn..my mom used to make it colored for us somehow..lol

something with strawberrys or raspberrys...

heart shape everything that day..(pancakes, hamburgers, sandwiches, u could just about make anything in the heart shapes..

I know I have a dang folder somwhere on here that has ideas and I cant find it :'(

If anyone else has any ideas Id like them too!! Thanks!
You are all so great here!
Old 01-24-2005, 07:02 PM
Nine Year Member

You could make a heart shaped chocolate cake and serve cherry pie filling and whip cream on top.

Make heart shaped pizza dough and top with your favorite toppings.

Strawberry milk shakes or drink pink ladies.

Make parfaits with pudding and whip cream topped with chocolate syrupand cookie or gramham cracker crumbs.

There is always cheese cake of all kinds.

Heart shaped meatloaf and mash potatoes in boats.

White cake baked and then poke holes on top and pour cooled jello (any flavor) over the top and refridgerate then top with whip cream before serving.
Old 01-31-2005, 06:31 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

One year for my boys' school parties, I made cupcakes. I used a red velvet cake mix and used a heart shaped muffin pan. After the cupcakes cooled, I bought store brand pudding cups in vanilla and colored them red. I then filled a pastry bag with the pudding and poked through the top of the cupcake to fill the center of the cupcakes. I finished off by icing with a pink frosting. The kids really loved the surprise they got when they bit into their cupcakes. I'm going to do it again this year. Good luck with whatever you decide to do.
Old 02-09-2005, 06:34 PM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

THANKS LADIES!!
Old 01-31-2011, 04:24 PM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Lightbulb Valentine ideas....

Spaghetti is already a red colored food... then have a fruit topped salad w/dinner (raspberries, or strawberries are most common), serve red velvet cake (white cake w/red food coloring) in a heart shape with either a cream cheese filling/topping or whipped cream. If you're not into cooking for valentine's day, check out some of your local (non-chain) restaurants and coffee shops and see what they offer for dine-in/carry out. Make a special home-made card to give to everyone, with a special home-made voucher /ticket for your sweety for dinner out on a not so busy evening (or when you can enjoy time w/o other family members you love just as much). You can always have a picnic in your house with easy to make foods from the store - things you like. If you have the time to bake and cook, then make quick and easy foods you enjoy and be creative about the shape you serve them as, or on special dinnerware
If you see someone in need of help and you can do something, then do something — that goes for people and animals. If you can help out, try. That’s what I hope people take away from this.” -Alex Scroggins