Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums >

Travel & Vacations Family travel and vacation ideas, fun activities, movie night, game nights, plenty of ideas for fun and relaxation.

Old 05-18-2003, 05:50 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Where are all the campers?

Okay everybody Memorial Day Weekend is just around the corner. Where's everyone heading? We are going to Lake Guntersville State Park in Guntersville Alabama for 5 days! I am so excited! I live for this weekend every year!
Old 05-20-2003, 01:14 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

we are going camping

we are going camping in our back yard!!!
my son is only 4 months old and we can't go far, so we are pitching our tent in the back yard...we love camping and we haven't gone camping since i was prego...
Old 05-21-2003, 12:45 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

I am heading over to the beach for a weekend of camping...truck camping, I call it, when all I have is a weekend!!!
peace,train
Old 05-21-2003, 02:21 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

It never fails. It's like a tradition..... it always rains here on Memorial Day Weekend. They're calling for rain all weekend. Instead of making plans for this weekend to go camping, we're going to weekend after. It's less crowded and hopefully the weather will be a bit drier.

We're heading to Shawnee State Park - Bedford, PA. It's so beautiful there!

Does anyone have any camping tips or favorite camping stories? We have a pull-behind camper. Each of the four boys has there own bunk and my husband and I sleep up front. It does the job.

I can't wait to go! I love to camp! Be safe and have fun everyone!
Old 05-21-2003, 07:12 PM
Banned for SPAMMING
FamilyCorner Admirer

Memorial Day

Nope. Staying home and doing absolutely nothing.
Because once school is out? The biz of summer starts.
Swimming, skating and summer camps are the rue of the summer.
We won't be going camping until the first week of July. Thats our family camping trip time.
Old 05-22-2003, 04:26 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

I kind of like the idea of camping in the backyard! I've not been camping yet, I bought a new tent last year, but it seems like so much work for just a weekend!! We have a bonfire pit in our yard so maybe that's what we'll do.... that way if it rains we can just run inside!!

Keep your words soft and tender as you may have to eat them tomorrow!
Old 05-22-2003, 04:38 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

We are NOT camping! But we are hosting a picnic for our woodworking club on Saturday - 70 - 80 people will come for a day of demonstrations and techninque practice along with food and games. It is an annual event and is wonderfully fun!

Elizabeth - grandmom to a baseball team and one lonely little cheerleader
10 +
Old 05-22-2003, 08:15 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

geesh, and i thought camping was a lot of work...i can't imagine treating 70-80 ppl! hope you have a good time!
Old 05-22-2003, 07:03 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

My parents have a secluded rustic cabin on the Gasconade River and we always spend Memorial Day weekend there, but there are so many of us we have several tents too so we are camping. I always look forward to it. I loved it when my kids were little and now I also enjoy my granddaughter there also.

HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND EVERYONE!
Old 05-24-2003, 06:40 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Hi everyone.
I'm new to this forum, but would like to join in. Especially when it comes to camping.
My husband doesn't camp. His idea of camping is in an air conditioned cabin. Which we just spent 4 days at Lake Seminole in Ga. Beautiful place!!!! But I would rather have been camping.
Me? I've been camping ever since I was 6 weeks old. And then when I got married, and he didn't like camping, although he'd never been camping until he met me. He said it was ok. But I gave up camping for years. Now, he has his bassboat, and I have my camper. He goes fishing, I go camping. I'd go alone, but now my dd and sil and my grandson, age 21 months, go camping every chance we get. My grandson is a real trouper when we go camping. He really has fun. And so do I. And now that he's walking, should be even more fun. And now, they have a new baby, 5 weeks old, we're gonna get her out camping too. And my son and dil and 20 month old granddaughter and 7 month old grandson love to camp too. We just have to get the two youngest ones started. Which we will, next week. This weekend, being Memorial Day, all the campgrounds are full. So I have to call around Thursday to make reservations to get a spot for next weekend.
Anyway, we like to go all over. I think the first camping trip will be to Ceasars Creek, in Ohio. There's a nice flea market right down the road, and sometimes we set up for a day. Sometimes, we go to Cross Creek in Columbus. It's a really nice park. Very clean.
I'm ready to go. I've been ready to go. Now I just hope it doesn't rain all weekend. I plan on going camping, it always rains. Ah well. That's part of the joy of camping. I like the rain. It's so soothing, listening to it hit the top of the camper, and then afterwards, smelling the freshness. And maybe even see a rainbow. Camping is great. Hearing the sounds of the great outdoors, the smells. Ahhhhhhhhh
Have a great Holiday everyone. Enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!!