Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums >

Travel & Vacations Family travel and vacation ideas, fun activities, movie night, game nights, plenty of ideas for fun and relaxation.

Old 04-19-2010, 05:37 PM
Head Moderator

For a mattress the best thing I have found is a self inflating bed roll. You turn a knob and seal it when ready, fantastic and light weight too. I had origianlly bought it for backpacking on the Appalachian Trail and it was great then and I still have used it on regular camping trips (which sadly we don't get to do any longer, but now we live in the woods! )
Old 04-19-2010, 06:07 PM
Nine Year Member

welcome to FC realclark! think about something for poison ivy like calamine lotion or a soap

being outdoors might be all the games you need with a deck of cards or board game for when it rains

We usually store our food in our car at night and buy ice daily at a local store

I like flip flops for showers, easier to remove to dry off and slip off in and out of the tent

a small piece of carpet in front of the tent door is good for shoes and catching debris

a small whisk broom

remember the tent pegs and tarp pegs and line!

"God has not given us a spirit of fear; but of love, power, and a sound mind."
Old 04-28-2010, 05:52 AM

Can you believe it is almost summer again.
Any one have any camping plans, tips, techniques?
Whats your favorite place to stay?
Do you camp with just family or do you camp as a group?
Old 05-02-2010, 05:10 AM
6 yr member
FamilyCorner Addict

We have a 30ft travel trailer for our camping trips. We go with friends sometimes and sometimes just us. We always take the dog with us. I think the dog loves camping more then the kids do now that they are older.

Charlotte
Old 05-17-2010, 04:22 PM
Three Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

Sorry, we camp in a popup camper. so somethings not on the list are always packed in the camper
Old 05-17-2010, 07:40 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

I have tent camped,car camped,popup campedand small trialer camped. Liked the trailer best because nonperishables could be kept in the trailer or pop up for the season. Don't cook in your tent please. About 4 or more families would go when we went so we would each take somme food for all then we didn't have so much different stuff. We put up one big tarp on legs as are main cooking tent. We got electric and would put 1 or 2 picnic tables under it. abreaker bar left us plug in a bunch of crook pots.
I always made cabbage and noodles. We always had some kind of meat in one . forgot the coffee pot once.LOL Never again. Deb was glad to see you mention the can opener too. These list I also done and copyed for each trip. mountian pie makers where a must.
We made a lot of pizza type and sweet ones. Peanut butter and marshmello fluff was a good one.
Have fun!!!
Old 05-03-2013, 05:35 PM

Awhile back I posted a tip for making ice blocks for your cooler.. cut of milk jugs just below the handle, wash & rinse well & then fill about 3/4 full with water.. freeze them & put in plastic bags. The blocks will last longer than ice cubes to keep your food cold longer.

Also, we have made pancakes at home, put them in a plastic container with a good lid & refrigerate. Next morning, heat them up while you are cooking your bacon or sausage. We usually had lots of family camping with us so we used gas grills to cook on.