Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums >

Travel & Vacations Family travel and vacation ideas, fun activities, movie night, game nights, plenty of ideas for fun and relaxation.

Old 12-30-2002, 07:38 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Disney World

Hi!

Planning a trip this Easter (2003) to WDW. Would appreciate any tips about staying on the premises--cost saving measures, etc.

Would also appreciate info. as to how busy it is during a holiday such as this.

Also wondering about flying with 2 very active boys--ages 8 and 4, who will be experiencing this for the first time.

Also (sorry I have so many questions!)--does anyone else have anxiety about flying and/or taking children on a plane since 9/11? I have flown before that and never thought much about it--but I have a (small) nagging fear in the back of my mind--mostly for my kids. Guess it's just the mommy in me--

Would appreciate any replies!!

Rivermom--Happy New Year to All!!! Hoping 2003 is better than ever!!!
Old 12-30-2002, 08:23 AM
Special Member of the Family
Honorary Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

It's probably safer to fly than it was before 9/11. I have family that flies alot and the biggest fear they have is all the new security measures now. My dh was interrogated because he had a silver briefcase (full of his mom's papers, bills, etc that he was bringing back here to pay as she was in a nursing home for a short time recuperating from surgery). He's flown alot since 9/11 without any problems except having to be inspected a million times. lol The kids will probably take their cue from you...how comfortable you appear.

If you go to the Grand Floridian for a "tea" or even just walk by, say "hello" to Judy, the hostess.....she greets everyone and shows them to their tables. She's my sister-in-law and would get a big kick out of that. ;-)

I'll ask her about places to stay. She's worked for Disney for years and probably knows the costs. I'll get back to you with what she says.

Have fun!!

May you have warm words on a cold evening ~ A full moon on a dark night ~ and the road downhill all the way to your door. Lisa~
Old 01-02-2003, 04:32 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Thank you, so much, for the info.!! I will definitely try to make it by to say hi to JUDY--what a small world it is when I can communicate with someone on the computer who can direct me to a relative at my vacation spot. Wow!

I would appreciate any other info. you could get from Judy and am grateful that you would take the time to do so.

HAPPY 2003!!!!!

Rivermom
Old 03-25-2003, 10:51 AM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

I hope it's not to late, but can I recommend www.disneydollarless.com & www.wdwig.com Those sites have more information than anyone can even begin to think about!
Old 03-27-2003, 06:05 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

I have checked them out and you're right--they have THE MOST information anywhere!! Very helpful!

One sad note for us....we have decided that we are not going to take our trip at Easter time as originally planned--we just don't feel comfortable going with the war on and the high threat level.

We are going to reschedule for Thanksgiving and hope for the best.

Pray for our country, and the world.....

Gratefully,

Rivermom
Old 03-27-2003, 06:17 AM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

I'm sorry it had to be put off, but I agree with you. I think it's definitely a huge target for what it represents. Hope all goes well and you get to enjoy the November trip!
Old 03-28-2003, 02:17 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Thank you for the reply. I'm glad to have my feelings/plans confirmed by another mother!!!

We hadn't yet told our kids, so they aren't disappointed (thank goodness) and the trip in Nov. will just be a great surprise!

We're really hoping that by then it will be safer and more enjoyable.

rivermom
Old 02-07-2006, 05:34 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Hi there
I am planning a disney vacation with my family this May. We are flying from Ontario Canada and meetiong my hubby , who will be flying in from Afgnistan.
My questions to all of you out there is does anyone have any great tips for us?? I know food is expensive but can you bring food in the parks??? We are going to all disney parks, seaworld and the space kennedy centre. Any other suggestions for must sees??? Thanks

hugs Debbie

Guard well your spare moments. They are like uncut diamonds. Discard them and their value will never be known. Improve them and they will become the brightest gems in a useful life."
~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Old 02-12-2006, 11:19 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Yes, you are allowed to take food into the parks. All bags are searched as you enter the parks.

Water bottles are nice to have and can be refilled at any faucet or drinking fountain.

I usually try to freeze the bottles the night before. Then we drink them as the ice melts. Helps to keep them colder longer. We have cases with straps to keep the water bottles in. I have everyone carry their own bottle. I carry a backpack with snacks or lunch. Also for the camera or camcorder.

For Disney, you will need at least 1 day each to enjoy each of the 4 parks. You will spend most of the time in lines.

Disney has a new feature to help with the wait in lines called "Fast Pass". You choose a ride and then go to a machine near that ride and run your ticket through it. It then gives you your ticket back and another paper to let you know to come back within 2 hours to ride this ride. Now you can go stand in a regular ride line and when done with that ride, run back to the first ride and get in the Fast Pass line.

We have been to all of the Disney parks. I went on a School Field Trip with my DD to the Kennedy Space Center. And we have annual passes to Sea World.

School gets out May 24.

I hope this helps. If I can answer any more questions, just let me know.

Kathy
Old 02-13-2006, 04:46 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

I dont know if this will help,we just came back,well in Dec!!!!! it was GREAT but cold!!!! we stayed at Pop Century!!!! inexpensive and very nice!!! there are busses that drive you to each resort!! it gets crowded sometimes!! they had a nice place to eat,and a mug you can buy and fill over and over again!!! {I did see others using other cups!!} cheaper meals for kids,nice!!Gosh they had LOTS of stuff you could buy!!!bakery items soda!! and a beautiful gift shop!!!! I really enjoyed myself!!! this was the first time on property!!! those sites ARE great!!!! bring something for the kids to do on plane!! not too bad on security.I didnt think.I had a "silver packet"{from med} in my pocket,and we couldnt figure out why buzzer was going off!!!LOL hope you have a GREAT time its such a WONDERFUL PLACE!!!no matter what you do!!!!!!