Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums >

Travel & Vacations Family travel and vacation ideas, fun activities, movie night, game nights, plenty of ideas for fun and relaxation.

Old 11-02-2002, 12:13 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Gift Ideas for Inlaws who love RVing

My inlaws love to wander around in their RV. Any good ideas about something we could get them or make them for Xmas that relates to RVing? Dawny
Old 11-09-2002, 01:03 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

If they don't already have one, an indoor-outdoor thermometer is handy because most people are on the move.
Old 11-09-2002, 05:34 PM
Special Member of the Family
Honorary Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

if there are several kids maybe you could go together and get them a satalite system for watching TV so they are not dependant on a campground to supply cable or on reception...that is if they like watching TV....
do they need comfy folding chairs to sit outside on...always a find
some small tables that fold for outside
table clothes for picnic tables, often some campgrounds tha tables are not well cared for, bench pads are great too
waterproof footwear to wear to the showers
LLBean had a great toiletries kit that hangs up and you can fit everything you need and in full sizes and when it is folded is like 18"X12", my brother got me one 5-8 years ago, I love it and it still looks brand new, I have shampoo, conditioner, 2 soaps fullsize in plastic boxes, full size toothpaste and brushes, hair brush, travel blow dryer, shower caps, quaters for the showers at some camps, personal hygeine stuff, and hand cream....and it all fits like a dream with room for more.
they have portable DVD players now, if they like movies.
Ruth
Old 11-10-2002, 06:11 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

Gift Ideas for Inlaws who love RVing

Since their RV probably doesn't have too much empty storage space, I would keep gifts to things that may need to be replaced such as bath or kitchen towels, only make them special. If they read, paperbacks would be good because they could trade them after they are read. If your mother-in-law knits or crochets she may enjoy some pretty yarn--just be sure to get enough for her to finish whatever type project she likes to do. If they fish maybe they can use some new lures or other gear. Or, how about tee-shirt knit sheets. I've never used them but have heard people really like them. The DVD or VCR and movie idea is a good one if they don't have a satellite dish. Winter nights can be long and boring when there is nothing good to watch, but this does take some hookup knowhow.

How about giving them each a journal to record their trips and a history of their lives. I think everyone should do this for their families.

Good luck.

"Parents can only give good advice or put them on the right paths, but the final forming of a person's character lies in their own hands." ~Anne Frank
Old 06-04-2008, 04:08 AM
FamilyCorner Fanatic

One of the best gifts you can give an RVer would be either a membership to Camping World or a gift certificate or gift card to Camping World. It's like a candy store for RVers
Old 06-04-2008, 04:21 AM
Welcome Wagon Moderator

Amanda beat me to it. I was going to suggest the same thing. A gift card to a place like Camping World would be great because they can browse the catalog or Web site and pick what they want. When I have a light cover or something I need, I usually go there to order what I want and they have sent items to my RV park. Plus, there are several off Interstates if they should want to stop and browse a store.