Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums >

Travel & Vacations Family travel and vacation ideas, fun activities, movie night, game nights, plenty of ideas for fun and relaxation.

Old 02-13-2013, 05:40 PM
Assistant Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Cruise Ships

Have you ever be on a cruise ship? If so which one? share your
experiences if you would..

Reason is I'm fixing to go on my first ever cruise ship and want to learn and be ready for it. LOL
I'm nerveous and excited about it all rolled up in one.
We will be going on Carvival Magic for 7 days
thanks to my daughter who is taking me on this adventure in April.

On, I remember watching the LOVE boat, who remembers that Tv show? LOL and watching it I thought about taking a cruise but who didn't when watching that show? LOL
but to really think about going on a curise, never did.. to cramp bedrooms, water that is so deep and with sharks, and all kinds of fishes that could eat you.. LOL.. and now I'm going.. wow..
Old 02-22-2013, 09:30 AM

Yes, my dd took me on an Alaskan cruise. I don't remember the name of the ship. We had a room with a balcony. We went in June, so could sit outside without having to go to the back of the ship where they had lounge chairs. The rooms are small and cramped.

There were always buffets set up for all 3 meals and also a dining room where we had our evening meal. Also had a cafe if you wanted burgers, etc.
Music and dancing. Also stage entertainment. Gambling. Swimming Pool. Shops.

Stops at ports to do what ever you wished. You could take side trips for an afternoon.
Go shopping, have lunch in town or stay on the ship.

The last evening there was a celebration and a midnight buffet. The food for that was done beautifully with ice sculptures and was quite an event.

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty.
Thomas Jefferson
Old 06-25-2013, 02:22 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Happy face

I've been on 3 cruises (and we're going on our 4th in December). The first 2 we went with our entire extended family (parents, adult children/spouses, siblings/spouses). We've been on Princess and Royal Caribbean. There were 10 of us (3 generations) and we had a lot of fun. Cruises are great for families, because everyone can do what they want at each port, and then everyone gets together at dinner/evening activities to share their experiences. Two years ago, dh and I took a solo cruise to Alaska. It was wonderful -- but not as much crazy-fun as a family cruise! Take advantage of the ship activities, and sign up for a few "excursions" (activities or tours) at the ports. We never shared a table at mealtimes (our family filled up an entire table ourselves, and for Alaska, my dh & I had a solo table), but most people do and really enjoy the experience of meeting new people. The cabin rooms are definitely small, but we never spent much time in there. Bring a camera, bring a couple of cute outfits (cruise ships are terrific at having photographers available to take family pictures), and have fun!!

Have a wonderful time, Bar Bar!!
Old 06-25-2013, 03:32 PM
Assistant Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

I did have a great time, and not I'm posting my vacation in the journal section.
It taking me time, and before the cruise my dd and I had two days together on our vacation that we enjoyed as well.
Old 08-27-2013, 05:40 PM
Assistant Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

thanks Vicki, just noticed I wrote Not, but need to get back to posting pics in my journal here on FC. so if you haven't taken time to look at what I've wrote so far, please do..
so far I haven't reach the cruise part yet, just the vacation leading up to the cruise.
Old 10-20-2013, 04:06 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Location: I live in the foothills of Maine and near a major river. The area is quiet but we can be in a large city that has everything that you would want to visit. WE're two hours from Old Orchard Beach and it is so beautiful
I would love to go on a cruise to Alaska, but dh gets sea sick.
Old 10-20-2013, 07:11 PM

I wear the wristlets for motion sickness when I travel.

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty.
Thomas Jefferson