Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums >

Travel & Vacations Family travel and vacation ideas, fun activities, movie night, game nights, plenty of ideas for fun and relaxation.

Old 08-11-2010, 06:37 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Location: Originally from the Home of the only 6 times Super Bowl Champs!
Have you gone on vacation lately?

Where did you go? Would you return and do it again? If not, what would you do differently the next time?

Did you travel or do a "staycation"?

Visit my blogs **

Tami's Kitchen Table Talk

Simple, easy-to-cook family recipes
and lots of good conversation!

Join the Cookie Carnival!
On Hiatus

If you love baking cookies, join our group!

Old 08-12-2010, 02:08 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

We are taking our vacation in the fall and are going camping up in the mountains. We used to go every summer but havn't been in a few years since Mark had his stroke. We are looking forward to getting back into camping!!!!

hugs, train
Old 08-12-2010, 02:59 AM
6 yr member
FamilyCorner Addict

I took a week off after the 4th of July from work. Our oldest son and family came to visit. We haven't seen them in 3 yrs. So we had a great week spending time with the granddaughters.

I will be taking a long 5 day weekend over Labor Day. I am looking forward to it.

Charlotte
Old 08-12-2010, 11:16 AM
Nine Year Member

We haven't gone anywhere this summer. We have been enjoying relaxing at home and cooking alot on the grill.

Proud Granny of Maddox Timothy Joseph and Saorla Laurie Elizabeth and Graham Michael Eric!

You may be disappointed if you fail, but you are doomed if you don't try.
Beverly Sills
Old 08-13-2010, 10:01 AM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Post OR / WA vacation trip

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajrsmom View Post
Where did you go?
Would you return and do it again?
If not, what would you do differently the next time?
Did you travel or do a "staycation"?
some (of the 3000+) pictures will be posted w/in the week....

We didn't plan to make it a staycation, but did end-up having a one niter in Oregon just the same. My M-I-L and N-I-L came up from AZ and we had hoped to take N-I-L to Canada and Forks, WA, but his parents haven't taken the time to get his passport for him, and since none of us have the same last name as he does, having his B.C. with us was of little use. So after tulling around Kitsap County, WA. for the first day they arrived, we chose to drive down to Newport, OR - taking as much of the scenic byway as possible (next time we will be on scenic byway more than Hwy). Our first stop is in Portland, OR where my DH and NIL stand inline at VooDoo Doughnuts - where you can purchase any doughnut you want and apple fritters (bear claws) - just as long as you don't have an issue asking for the doughnut(s) of preference by name. An example of this is their chocolate doughnut covered w/chocolate frosting and chocolate coco puffs - amply named triple chocolate penetration.
Than we drove past the Evergreen Aviation and Space Museum - it was close to closing time so we for went the $20 /pp tour and took photos of the Spruse Goose (originally in Long Beach, CA), as well as a Wright Brothers plane, and another famous persons "model" plane - from the outside looking in (we plan to return another time - hopefully earlier in the day for the $20 /pp fee to be worth paying)... and a lot of F-18's and a cute passenger "shuttle", not to mention a HUMONGOUS water ride that starts from the inside of a gutted 747(?) atop of one of the EASM buildings! Next stop:Palace Inn & Suites for sleep accommodations and dinner - technically dinner was at a "Lil Sambo's"... not far from the ocean coastline. We continued are drive down towards Newport, OR the following morning with a pit stop fro breakfast at the Seahag and window shopping, which of course meant stopping at the towns local taffy shoppe and snapping pictures of just about everything in sight... the foggy coastline, beach, wild life, fowl, and the "Depoe Bay World's Smallest Harbor" and historical marker sign for it. "Cape Foulweather" which is 500' above sea level, was our next leg stretching break and more pictures. Yaquina Head National Park and lighthouse was our next stop (DH was so nice to drop us off while he parked car up hill, and brought it back down an hour later)...NIL and I saw a lot of sea life on their "rocky" coastline and tide pools - both dead and alive - never be upwind from a decaying sea-lion. Finally we make it to the Newport Aquarium(!) and after our tour we head for home. Along the way we stopped off at Tillamook Cheese Factory for their tour and some fresh made icecream, then we made a pit stop at "Haystack" rock via Cannon Beach. Two days later, we go to the NW Trek, so many cute babies! If you haven't gone, and you're in the area, go. The fee includes a 50 minute tram ride around a free range part of the park. This is where the Bison, goats, Mooses, antelopes, Raccons, Swans, ducks, beavers, etc roam - rarely a "wild" cat is here and only if it scales the high electrical fences (more about that on the tour) - otherwise they are in the park in their own territorial exhibits with wolves, eagles, coyotes, etc. Our last day together we all went to Pike's Market Seattle. They walked the market I sat at Lowels restaurant waiting for them to return and enjoying the view. Yeah pictures of there also, including the goats that were "mowing" the hillside! just before heading back to our place we stopped of in ALki Beach so NIL could have some beach time with us, and a ferry ride to Bremerton, WA.
If you see someone in need of help and you can do something, then do something — that goes for people and animals. If you can help out, try. That’s what I hope people take away from this.” -Alex Scroggins
Old 08-13-2010, 12:14 PM

I went to San Francisco. Had a blast. Met two of the coolest people there. One is definitely crazy like me. They can decide which one I say is crazy, LOL.
I would definitely go back there to Fisherman's Wharf. Some of the best fish I've ever had I got there in a little sidewalk cafe type place. Loved the seals and sea lions. And the wax museum was awesome. had a blast on the cable car. Boy I wish I was back there now.
Old 08-24-2010, 11:50 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Oh, we sure did pack a lot of fum into a too short of a visit, that's for sure! Coll sure loved riding the cable cars, weren't those San Fransisco hills something! You don't need to belong to a gym in that city! I got to meet her cutie patootie nephews! Just adorable!!
Coll had a sign made out that said "Train" if she couldn't find me but I noticed my redhead friend right away!
Lindaljh and I had a good trip both ways on the train, chitchatting and sharing sourdough bread and ghirardelli chocolates!!!

And I admit it, that old bushman got me...and I had made sure to warn COLL about him and she saw him way before I did!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now, as for crazy, yea, I think we all three are but that made for a fun visit!!

Love ya red and linda!

hugs, train
Old 09-21-2010, 05:41 AM
One Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

Over the summer we took our 2 kids on a cruise to the Bahamas. I would have to say it's our favorite family vacation to date. We went on Royal Caribbean and had a wonderful time, there were plenty of activities on the ship for the kids, and the day at CoCo Cay Island was very good as well. The best part of the trip though was the dolphin excursion, the kids got to get up close in the water with the dolphins. We will definitely be planning to take another cruise next year, what a great family experience.
Old 09-22-2010, 05:22 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Our camping trip is coming up in a week! We are headed up to the mountains for a week of R and R!!!
Did anyone else go camping this summer?

hugs, train
Old 01-04-2011, 04:33 PM
Six Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

we're just planning to go on vacation this may but undecided yet if where to go