Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums >

Travel & Vacations Family travel and vacation ideas, fun activities, movie night, game nights, plenty of ideas for fun and relaxation.

Old 01-20-2011, 06:31 AM
One Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

My husband and I are taking a relaxing vacation alone for the first time in far too long. Now that the boys are off to college we figure it is the right time. Were headed to Hawaii in early February, I'm so excited. The boys were a little jealous though so we promised them a vacation this summer as well--destination is still unknown.
Old 01-20-2011, 06:56 AM

Have a terrific time.
Since you are new here, go to the ARE YOU NEW TO FAMILY CORNER thread and introduce yourself.
You will find lots of very friendly women here at FC (as we lovingly call it).
I have made tones of friends from NY to FLA to CA. And heave met a couple of them.
They offer advice, a shoulder to lean on, prayers, pick-me-ups. But they NEVER judge.
Glad to have you join us. Hope to see you around the boards often.
Old 01-23-2011, 01:30 AM
One Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

Happy face

Quote:
Originally Posted by trainlady View Post
We are taking our vacation in the fall and are going camping up in the mountains. We used to go every summer but havn't been in a few years since Mark had his stroke. We are looking forward to getting back into camping!!!!

hugs, train
Hi! My two grandkids and I just got home from a week end vacation at a hotel in Bacolod(the capital city of our province here Negros Occidental), Philippines. It was my elder grandson's 9th birthday and instead of having a party, he opted for a week-end at a hotel where he, his younger brother Zach and friend Angelo spent the entire afternoon and most of the next morning swimming in the hotel pool. For them, it was a great vacation and it was for so little money spent. We plan to do it again on the next birthday!
Old 01-30-2011, 04:09 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Addict

A couple of weeks ago we went to visit my cousin who lives in Nipomo, which is close to Pismo Beach, CA. It was the perfect time to go since it wasn't crowded and the weather was warmer than it is inland in central CA. We stayed with my cousin and she fed us more than enough for most meals, so we saved on hotel and food bills too. I did give her a nice gift card to thank her. A new hot water heater and a new AC/heater unit ate our vacation money last year so it was nice to finally get away for a few days this year.

Last edited by apricot; 01-30-2011 at 04:11 PM.
Old 02-07-2011, 09:24 AM

My nephew and his family probably won't go anywhere this summer do to the new baby coming in June.

DH and I and our two dd's will probably make a trip to VA to visit Jenn. She is still recuperating from her hip surgery so she wants us to wait until she can really go all day with out pain so that we can go in to DC and hit the museums.
Old 03-22-2011, 03:51 PM
Six Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

Coll - Have a wonderful time at the museums in DC - Washington is one of my very favorite places. Our last vacation was in May of 2010 which was 4 nights in NYC. We had been the May before and loved it so much we had to go back again. Both times we saw a Broadway show. In 09 it was "Phantom of the Opera" and in 2010 it was " A Little Night Music" with Catherine Zeta-Jones and Angela Lansbury. I love Central Park and Bryant Park for people watching. We did the Circle Line boat tour of the East River and the Hudson River. Ate at some nice restaurants, went to St. Patrick's Cathedral, and also took the "free" Statan Island Ferry after which we enjoyed the South Street Seaport. Would love to go again but I think this spring we may go back to DC or visit my brother in law near Raleigh NC - which we have never been to. Time to start making our wish list for the summer of 2011. I love to visit at least one new place in our own state - Maine - which has so much to see here.
Old 03-23-2011, 03:30 AM

I am really looking forward to going to DC. Hopefully it works out that we can go.

I would also like to go to Amish country here in PA. Want to lots of research though since I want to stay in an Amish B&B. DH doesn't know that yet, lol.
Old 04-09-2011, 10:44 PM
Assistant Moderator

Nope and I find it harder as the boys get older and then 1 has to work and to take one on holiday with his oldy parents is a challenge.

Old 04-10-2011, 05:28 AM
Assistant Moderator

I am going to Sarasota, Florida two weeks from today with my best friend to visit another close friend. We will be there 6 days. I have been to Orlando before but never to Sarasota so am just so excited. This is the first trip I have taken like this without my husband to go to some place other than our cottage at the island. I have butterflies in my stomach I am so excited.

[CENTER]~Mother Theresa
Old 04-10-2011, 09:45 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Maniac

I hope you have a wonderful time Sammi you so deserve it/
Gina, Steven & I left here March 18th around 10:30 p m goal was Vanderbilt, MI to take Koda to Adam (he had no idea) got there around 5:30 p m Sat eve. Spent the nite there and left 11:30 next morn got to Berlin, Ohio (heart of Amish country and largest community of Amish anywhere) around 9 Sunday nite. They were great at the Berlin Grande, lots of Amish and Menonites working in it. Left the hotel at 11 Tues morn. Spent most of Monday in Amish shops, in Berlin and nearby towns. Stopped at a really great Cheese/Wine place as we were leaving the area. Really hated leaving lots to see there and sure wish I could go back.( In 92 went to Lancaster, PA Amish as you all know.) Got back home after this nice short trip around 4 Wed afternoon. Tired but happy.