Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums >

Travel & Vacations Family travel and vacation ideas, fun activities, movie night, game nights, plenty of ideas for fun and relaxation.

View Poll Results: Does your neighborhood offer free entertainment of any kind during the summer?
Yes, we have events like this around us 16 69.57%
No, we don't have anything like this around us 5 21.74%
I'm not sure if we have anything like this around us or not 2 8.70%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-26-2009, 08:14 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Location: Originally from the Home of the only 6 times Super Bowl Champs!
Does your neighborhood offer free entertainment of any kind during the summer?

For the first time, our neighborhood is hosting a concert in park for everyone to enjoy. This has become quite popular around us.

Several cities around us offer this on either Friday or Saturday nights. Some also offer Movies in the park. This is really nice since most families are trying to save money on entertainment like this.

Do you fun events like this where you live?

Visit my blogs **

Tami's Kitchen Table Talk

Simple, easy-to-cook family recipes
and lots of good conversation!

Join the Cookie Carnival!
On Hiatus

If you love baking cookies, join our group!

Old 06-26-2009, 09:21 AM

Greensburg has summer concerts in the park. They are local bands mostly and the admission is free. You sit in the park on blankets or your own lawn chairs and enjoy the free music. I never remember to go to them, LOL.
Our local Harley Davidson shop holds several free picnics/classic car/motorcycle shows every summer. I'll definitely go to that if the weather is nice enough.
Old 06-26-2009, 09:36 AM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

We have free fireworks this weekend 6/27 in our immediate little town. In the fall we have a big bonfire with costume judging,music by a local DJ & free hotdogs,chips & drink. We have a Mens Club that puts on a in the woods spook trail during last 2 weekends in Oct. that brings in money for our community.
Old 06-26-2009, 09:40 AM
Three Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Through the summer holidays we have loads of free things happening for the children and families for £1- £3 ($1.65 - $4.94)

We have free concerts in the Piece Hall,
beach party (we don't live near the coast - they make one in the town centre),
Craft days
Recycling activities
organised walks
story telling sessions
party in the park

and many more

Take time to recharge your batteries. It's hard to see where you're going when your lights are dim.
Old 06-26-2009, 12:25 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

I chose "not sure." Usually my town hosts 7 or 8 evening concerts over the summer. And usually the signs are up by now, announcing this. So I don't know if we will be having them this year.
Old 06-26-2009, 07:36 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

There are a lot of free events here. A local shopping center has free concerts every Friday night in the center square. There is Jazz in June with free jazz concerts every Tuesday night (in June - lol!) on the UNL campus. Also, during the month of July, there are free classic movies (black & white) at the same place. There are also MANY coffee houses that have free concerts, almost. All it costs is a cup of coffee, lemonade, etc.

Of course, the libraries have a lot of free fun family things all summer. I wish my dd's were still young enough to do them.

Kathy
Old 06-27-2009, 11:43 AM

We have free concerts in the park every week.
This weekend we also have a hugh old car show. No cost unless you want to buy something to eat.
Library also has a lot of free programs. Other towns in the area have free things too. Car show, concerts, coffehouses have free entertainment. We have a nice beach for swimming.
Old 06-27-2009, 02:54 PM
Nine Year Member

My neighborhood doesn't but the city does have weekly concerts in the park, etc. going on. The library is holding free movies each week as well.

Roberta
Old 06-28-2009, 06:16 PM
Assistant Moderator

we do have some events, such as in Aug the Old Pioneer Reunion that last for a week, with something different each night,

We have a big arena in the area for the horse folks and others to join in from other areas.

Several of the churches has a sing song of christian songs on certain days

We do have paradas

libraries have a lot of free fun for the kids N family during the entire month, as well as a reading program ending with a get together I believe or been in the past, not sure of this yr.

I believe this yr they are going to be having a free firework show.

the towns next to our little one holds things as well, where it only takes about 30 min or less to get to.
Old 06-29-2009, 04:38 AM
Assistant Moderator

My town offers free concerts in the park as does the town right next to us. Our library also offers free programs (next week an animal program is being offered which is always fun) as well as their reading program and story/craft time) and our high school offeres free movies on the lawn at dusk every Saturday night. (last Saturday's movie was Twilight) There are also free fireworks at several different times over the summer aside from the 4th of July in towns nearby.

[CENTER]~Mother Theresa