Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums >

Travel & Vacations Family travel and vacation ideas, fun activities, movie night, game nights, plenty of ideas for fun and relaxation.

Old 03-15-2006, 11:23 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

If I came to your town

If I came to your town, what kind of touristy things would you most want to show me? Where are your favorite palces to take company to eat? Where do you hangout?

I thought it would be fun to do a little traveling vicariously through your words!!

hugs, train
Old 03-19-2006, 10:56 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Train, if you came to my town you might get a little bored. I live in the town of Athol Ma. which is known for Starrets tool company. It's a very small town with maybe 11,000 ppl now. There are little pizza places and a few chinese too. One good place to eat is this fish place The Olde Time something or othercan't recall the name, that sells great seafood and chicken nuggets. I live near Silver Lake and we can go for a walk around it. But there is nothing else in Athol to do. Even the old bowling alley isn't open anymore. However the scenery is beautiful. Very picturesque.
Fish3711

Old 03-19-2006, 11:01 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

We could go to Babyland General to watch the Cabbage Patch kids be born, go into Alpine Helen for a little German style fun, if it were summer we could go tubing down the Chattahoochee. That's about it here. We don't even have any chain restaurants other than fast food, so you'd have to eat my southern cooking. LOL

If you are coming to see me, come any time! If you are coming to see my house, make an appointment.
Old 03-19-2006, 01:43 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

My town is small, but if you don't mind driving for a while, we could go to the Great Smoky Mts. and Dollywood. If you have a few days to spend, we could go to Nashville and see the Grand Ole Opry and the Hermitage(home of Andrew Jackson) and the Parthenon, a great museum replica of the one in Greece.
Old 03-19-2006, 06:06 PM
Assistant Moderator

My immediate area I'd take you to the beach and the bay islands, the koalas and kangas around our area in the bush. A little further afield (30 mins) , our state capital, that has a great river and parks to have a picnic, museum across the road.
1hr south is the Gold Coast and Sea World that is a great day out, with the mountains that have wonderful ocean views and cafes and markets each sunday. 1hr up the coast would be Australia Zoo and underwater world and seafood restaurants aplenty.
How long do you have to stay LOL?

Old 03-19-2006, 09:16 PM
Nine Year Member

Thomas The Tank Engine

Trainlady....Thought of you when I read this in the newspaper today.
Thomas the tank engine will be drawing tens of thousand of parents and children to Wooton Park in Tavares this weekend and next. It has influenced the lives for more than 60 years. Advanced ticket sales have reached 15,000. There will also be animals, magic shows and live music. There is a very limited amount of cities and towns Thomas goes and visits. Tavares happens to be one of them. The event will feature more than just a 25 minute ride with Thomas . There will be a hay bale maze, face painting and fake tattoos.
Thomas the Tank, he is a very useful engine. It's a good tool to relate to children. You make mistakes, but it's how you bounce back from them. You are as useful as you try to be. Thomas is a rock star to children.
______
Sueanne
Attached Images

Old 03-20-2006, 04:40 AM
Five Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

if i came to your town

If you come to my town, you have the football hall of fame.... Mckinley monument....Lots of pizza places.......malls.... many parks....many hotel and motels....
Old 03-20-2006, 04:50 AM
Five Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

came to my town

you would have to visit my town by plane or drive...We have a bus station,,,
Old 03-20-2006, 05:21 AM
Nine Year Member

After about a few minutes drive you are in Windsor. As you can imagine there is a lot to see: Windsor Castle, Queen Mary's Doll House, St George's Chapel etc. are all very interesting. There are a number of very quaint tea rooms and shops. It is lovely to walk by the river and see the boats and swans, and also to walk across the bridge to Eton. In Eton there are a great many antique shops. I love to browse in Windsor and Eton.

Old 03-20-2006, 08:25 AM
FamilyCorner Fanatic
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Butterfly, I want to come and visit you! I would love to see the history, someday!

Train, Closest to me would be the Rock and Roll hall of fame, we could start at the Hard Rock for lunch!
We also have the Cuyahoga scenic railroad, which we went on last fall ds1 was in heaven!
About an hr west we have Cedar Point which is home of the most and biggest rollercoasters!
Closer to Sweet pea there is Amish country which is home to Lemans the biggest hardware store! Very cool!

Sueanne, Yes both my kiddos think Thomas is a Rockstar and just got a big kick out of your post!
Leighann