Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums >

Travel & Vacations Family travel and vacation ideas, fun activities, movie night, game nights, plenty of ideas for fun and relaxation.

Old 03-20-2006, 11:30 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Butterfly I want to come visit you too.
I thought that you literally meant just my town, not the surrounding areas......LOL
Now if it's near my town, we can go for a ride on the mohawk trail to see the pretty foilage in the fall, pick apples at the apple farm and go for a drive into Boston to see the historic stuff, or if you like Salem to see where the witch hunts were and the history there.
Fish3711

Old 03-28-2006, 02:42 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

First i would take you to see our old town (it sould take a day) and for lunch to medival restaurant with authentic foods and drinks.
next day i would drive you to our open air museum and show how life was in countryside for centuries. then i would take you to see our presidental palace and new art museum and song festival field where our singing revolution took place and helds huge national song festivals every four years for more than hundres years.
what else? if you have time i would take you to our national park to see mansions and uniqe seaside. and then to souther part of our country with hills and lakes and also to our biggest island. it is suggsested to come here during summer.
Old 04-01-2006, 12:55 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Wow my case is nearly packed. I'm coming top see you all. Fish, can we just relax and watch the world go by please? Marjekas, I'm ready for the history tours.
Lee, I'm on those rollercoasters with you.
Butterfly, I want to see it all, but my time is short, so can we do Queen Mary's Dollshouse please?
Joyann, I think we'll do Nashville.
Sueanne, let's go to Thomas and take zany photos.
Sweet Pea, I think we'll do pizza.
Sharona, do we get to adopt one??? PLEASE!!!

Bilby, watch out, I could actually visit you!!!!!!!
Train, what can we do after we have done a cook up for the homeless?

If you visit me we can walk to Puffing Billy, a tourist steam railway; then up to Emerald Lake for a swim and stroll. The bakery in town is great too. If we hop in the car we can do the hills, history, the beach, the snow, the wildlife or the shops. You choose!! None of it takes more than 1 hour to drive to!!

Then again we can sit on the deck and chat a little!! You choose.
Old 04-01-2006, 01:09 AM
Assistant Moderator

Meg
In Sept 1997 we went on that Puffing Billy train at Emerald, it was a nice cool but not cold day and the kids had so much fun. Cameron was 2yrs old and had so much little kid wonder about the ride on that train it was a great day. We stayed at my Aunties at Heathmont and an old friends in Reservoir for 2 weeks.
I think you have a great area around you.
And now our humidity seems to be over, so if you're going to visit QLD it's a great time.

Old 04-01-2006, 12:34 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

I'm packed and ready to go, too, but I can't choose where to start!

If you are coming to see me, come any time! If you are coming to see my house, make an appointment.
Old 04-02-2006, 03:49 PM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

I don't live in a town but, if you came to my area we would definantly be doing things outdoors. I would take you on a camping trip in the Cherokee National Forest. From there we could hike to many beautiful and secluded waterfalls. Then we would go whitewater rafting on the Ocoee River. Home of the 1996 Canoe and Kayak Olympic venues. We would visti the Whitewater Center for a very interesting history of the river and a museum. I would take you to Tooties Country restaurant a locally owned restaurant that features authentic southern food. About 1 hour away we could visit the famous Rock City and have lunch in a train car at the Chattanooga Choo-Choo.
Old 07-31-2006, 06:15 PM
Five Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

If you came to my town, I would take you to Garden of the Gods, or basically anywhere in the mountains!
Old 10-25-2013, 06:42 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Bumping up! What are some places you like to take company when they come to visit you?

hugs, train