Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Old 05-21-2002, 06:47 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

sorry bettdev and kimmyo

I guess it might work best for some magazines than others... It was best of the intentions, than. As I cant get to USA magazines easily - I get Good Housekeeping, Family Circle, Womans Day and Martha Stewart Living IF I'm lucky and hurry to the news shop, cos there are only a few items, and some only in the airport newstand - so I'm happy with it. French magazines I found them to be just teasers too. But US mag. work for me.

Sorry, though if I miss leeded you...

{{{hugs}}}

Fatima
Old 05-21-2002, 12:52 PM
Special Member of the Family
Honorary Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Way to Go Bellasmom...you made out like a bandit! So you have 1/2 a housefull of new decor and furnishings.....wow and all for FREE! Good for you!:p
Old 05-21-2002, 08:46 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

fatima bento...thank you for your kind words. I am very glad the magazine site works for you!
Old 05-21-2002, 09:39 PM
Honorary Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Bette----I'm wishing for 78 at this point! shiver, shiver. Running heat in May!! Honestly. I tried to be frugal, but it just got downright cold and tonight there is a freeze warning!!!
Old 05-22-2002, 05:09 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

I stopped into CVS the other day to grab some cokes (good sale price of course) for our camping trip. While I was there I browsed the 75% clearance shelf. They had these really adorable candle holders (that I had almost bought earlier this spring but couldn't bring myself to pay full price) marked down from $4.99 to .99 ! I grabbed 2 of them and then got 2 others for .75 ! They are going to look great on my screened porch this summer. They are metal and look like Daisies!

Chilling down here in the south too! But I absolutely refuse to turn the heat on in MAY! So we pulled out the blankets and sweat suits!

Last edited by kimmyo; 05-22-2002 at 05:16 AM.
Old 05-22-2002, 07:37 AM
Honorary Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

I would do that if it were just me, but the boys' room is in the basement and it is so much cooler down there....great in the summer, not so great in the wintery months, like MAY!!!
I mainly turn it up for shower time right before bed and then in the morning right before I get them up. I'm a b-a-a-d girl. hehehe Great deal on those candles. I'll have to check that out....and I was just in CVS two days ago getting posterboard.....last minute or I would have gone to BigLots.
Old 05-22-2002, 09:23 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Hey, Bellasmom...I'll let you swim in my pool, if ya take me junkin' wit ya!

Old 08-14-2002, 08:33 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Garage Sales

HI,

My sister and I have started going back out to the yard sales late in the after noon on Sat. and Sundays. We have found many people just bagging everything and putting by their curbs. We have made money taking baby clothes to consignment shops and e-bay. Most people are to tired to go through what they have or were asking to much to start with.

She has 4 children, 3 in school, and she hasn't had to buy school clothes this year!!

It never hurts to try it. You can always take what you don't want to the thrift store.

Charmquilts